• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan B.

Here's another version of what J-Dub has.  It utilizes the new RHW-2 ramps, as well as a cleaner look to the left turn lanes.

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/604/rhw4roadintersectionjt7.jpg

metarvo

jplumbley: Thanks for the information. :)  I always wondered about that.  When I want to cross two different SAM streets, I typically convert one to Road first.  The only time that this looks halfway decent to me is if the SAM street that I convert to Road is the asphalt SAM street.

j-dub: Thanks for the clarification.  I know how you feel about the traffic light, since I deliberately create (or not) certain types intersections when I want traffic lights (or not) at a particular crossing.  Of course, the downloadable traffic signals that you have linked to are another option... :)

burgsabre87: That pic looks impressive. :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

writingliberty

I was wondering, is there yet the capability of placing an entrance/exit ramp directly on a curved section of the RHW? Or will there be?

I'm thinking of places where real-world highways were built as a "bypass" around a city, and often on the edge of town intersect with the "old highway" (which is often the street through the CBD) by curving away to one side the town at a 45 degree angle... I have seen several examples of this where there is an exit ramp from the "new" highway which turns into the beginning of the non-reconstructed section of the "old" highway (and vice versa for the opposite direction)....

Patricius Maximus

Not for curved sections. However, I think that v3.0 will include diagonal ramps.

Dexter

The RHW is coming along great :thumbsup:, and those three years since it was first released have gone really quickly.

As has been said above, I think an exit on a curve would be a nice thing to have, something like these photoshopped images:

Anyway, keep up the good work.

EDIT: Fixed the thumbnails.
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

Monorail Master

*kggg*  ()what() Dexter, we have a problem. Your pictur5es don't show up. ()what() *over*
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

j-dub

Awesome PS-ing skills Dexter. Although, I kinda think the second one looks unsafe. There is a trick I did with 2 tiles of a half avenue in between the RHW, further back in the thread that is similar to what you you have pictured, but traffic leaves 2 lanes from the avenue to the left, instead of entering the avenue to the left, like how you have the main RHW merging into the straight one. You will be pleased to know a piece for two lanes to one lane has already been taken care of. The texture may not resemble yours though.    

Tarkus

Regarding the curved ramp idea . . . you won't be seeing them in Version 3.0, but they have been planned for a future release at some point down the road.  And I can confirm what Patricius Maximus said . . . there will be a Diagonal version of RHW-4 Ramp Style A.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Thomas Diamond

Quote from: Tarkus on November 24, 2008, 05:23:38 PM
Regarding the curved ramp idea . . . you won't be seeing them in Version 3.0, but they have been planned for a future release at some point down the road.  And I can confirm what Patricius Maximus said . . . there will be a Diagonal version of RHW-4 Ramp Style A.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Can we see a picture of  A diagonal version of A RHW-4 Ramp

Patricius Maximus

QuoteCan we see a picture of  A diagonal version of A RHW-4 Ramp

Certainly....

b22rian

Hi all..

Im having a problem getting any rail traffic on any rail lines where i have used rail bridges over either the RHW-2
or the RHW-4.. The rail crossings I have over the rhw's are doing great...
..and i do have steady traffic on any of the rhw's where I have used,
rail bridges over the top of them.. I do have rail traffic on any of the other types of rail bridges I have used in my
cities, so it does seem to be a problem specific only to the rhw rail bridges..

I have the latest rhw mod installed ...version 20
I have the latest NAM installed, the april 08 one..
and I have both the 2 pathing patches installed in the rhw folder..

1) the rail over RHW-4 patch released in may 08..
2) RHW path fix 02      in aug 08..

I ran many types of tests in my cities to be sure there not functional..
Although the drawing path cheat checks them out to be ok..
and you also see the UDI trains crossing over the bridges..yet no rail traffic is using any of the lines..

Can anyone else confirm functionality of these rail lines where they have placed a rail bridge over the rhw ?

any help would be appreciated..

Thanks, Brian

darraghf

i believe that they were pathed wrongly. So put plop them th opposite way e.g. put the hard shoulder close to the central median
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Olasz

Quote from: b22rian on November 25, 2008, 08:11:41 AM

I ran many types of tests in my cities to be sure there not functional..
Although the drawing path cheat checks them out to be ok..
and you also see the UDI trains crossing over the bridges..yet no rail traffic is using any of the lines..

Can anyone else confirm functionality of these rail lines where they have placed a rail bridge over the rhw ?

any help would be appreciated..

Thanks, Brian

In this case that path is correct for the particular piece. check the path with the drawpath cheat on the entire track and try dragging the track through the stations.
you don't use the park'n'ride traffic simulator without plopping parking places, do you?

Olasz

el_cozu

Jonathan

Lose faith?
What do you mean? The amount of work put in by Alex (Tarkus) is amazing(He has done all the RULs and redone all the textures). Just because there isn't a release date doesn't mean it isn't worth the wait. You've seen what some people (NAM team members and associates) have done with the RHW (Check out the Greater Terran Region by HalJackey and Alex's own MD Tarkusian Cities) This is only some of what you can do with the RHW.

Jonathan

metarvo

It will be done when it's done, el_cozu.  While you're waiting, why don't you play around with v. 2.0?  If you don't have it already, Alex (Tarkus) has graciously unlocked it for us.  It will be a good way to prepare for the grand day when 3.0 is released.  Don't give up.  Hang in there!
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

el_cozu

I agree I'm sorry... it's been a very stressing day for me today...

and i'm kinda good with this RHW 2.0...

Sorry about that... keep up guys...  ::)

BigSlark

Quote from: el_cozu on November 25, 2008, 11:23:44 AM
im starting to lose faith in this...

Could you explain what you mean by, "lose faith?"

Simply put, by most measures, RHW should be dead. quirlix made the discovery of the Dirt Road Network and created the RHW, the then did development through v1.3 and then he disappeared, leaving Alex all by himself. Alex at that point took over the lead and has spent countless hours on the RHW since then.

I assure you, el_cozu, you have no reason to lose faith. Each Alpha version of RHW 3.0 gets better and better, just have a little patience, I promise that its worth it.

Peace,
Kevin

Haljackey

el_cozul:  this is one of the most active projects in the entire community and is far from dead.  If Alex (Tarkus) and/or other developers were not active, and this thread was dead, then I would start losing faith in this.

Trust me, its going to be worth the wait.   ;)

Best,
-Haljackey

sim-al2

Just wait el_cozul. I'm sure it will be worth it... ;)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")