• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

God Terraforming in Mayor Mode (GTM)

Started by Jonathan, July 04, 2008, 02:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

God terraforming in Mayor mode without the Ctrl-Alt-Shift trick.

Version 3 is attached to my latest post.

I have already made a mod that did this and is released on the STEX, but this caused all the buttons to be shifted down in the Mayor Menu and the buttons shifted up in the God menu and other things, so I decided to combine the God and Mayor Terrforming Tools into one menu, like this:

Readme:
God Terraforming in Mayor Mode (GTM) by Warrior (and lots of others for translations :) )

About it
This plugin modifies the Mayor Mode Terraforming Menu to include the God terraforming tools. It is known that it is impossible to add new submenus such as the ones that hold landmarks, networks, etc. All that is done here is that the God terraforming submenu buttons have been copied in the Mayor User Interface (UI).

Installation
As there are no other mods that do this it doesn't matter where you put it in your plugins folder, so if you have a method of organising your plugins folder, you don't need to create an exception for this.

Languages
The modd is available in 12 languages: (thanks to the people in brackets!)

English
German (Andreas)
Dutch (Caspervg and Mrtnrln)
Japanese (Ebina)
Danish (Unassigned)
French (Travis)
Swedish (RippleJet)
Norwegian (RippleJet)
Finnish (RippleJet)
Italian (Google Translator)
Spanish (Google Translator)
Polish (Google Translator)

Translations
Feel free to modify the Locale files to translate into your own language but make sure you do this correctly before uploading.
In some languages the translations for Mayor and God may be longer than in English please try and shorten this to fit the UI, if you absolutely can't them PM me (Warrior) or post in the thread at SC4Devotion.
If you do release translations (without needing to change the UI) please link to the original mod.

Other
This mod is not in anyway connected to the NAM.
The GTM thread is located here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5164.0

Jonathan

jmyers2043

Hello Warrior. this could be useful as I switch to God Mode a lot. Thanks for posting here!
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

dedgren

That's fall-on-the-floor incredible stuff there, Jonathan.  I don't know that anyone has ever successfully edited the menu UI before.  We'd certainly like to hear more.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

CasperVg

Looks great! I can't wait to use it  $%Grinno$%
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Jonathan

Thanks for the replies,

I think I have an English version ready, Here it is attached to this post, I'd love to know what you think so please reply :). Oh and if you have any suggestions for other mods of the UI then just say and I'll see if they're possible.

Jonathan

JoeST

AMAZING stuff here Jonathan, thankyou very much for sharing it with us

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

BarbyW

That is amazing, Jonathan. I tried it out and it works a treat. This makes using the God mode tools so much easier. Thank you. Providing there are no problems reported, would you consider posting this to the LEX?
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Jonathan

Thanks for the comments/praise/replies, Im just glad to be helping.
I had considered posting this to the LEX, but I have no idea about how to go about it.

Jonathan

BarbyW

If you could let me have a Readme and two images 250x188 I can post it for you. The readme just needs to say what it does and where to put it in plugins.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

MAS71

Hello Warrior and Nice to meet you.  ;)

WoW!!  :o What a useful and convenient MOD it is !!  &apls  &apls
and I like a layout of menues so much. :)
Thank you for your development and sharing it Warrior. ;)

By the way,,
May I tell you my luxurious suggestion about it ?  :-[
Would you add to it "Land Effects" of a GOD-mode menues too ?

("smoothly" and "erode, corrode". Sorry, I don't know what are they writen with English. :P)
It's a difficult work to make it ??
If it's possible, I want to you will make them that divided into two kind of versions "Three lines menues" and "(exiting) two lines menues"

It's really good MOD none the less !!  ;)
Thank you.

MandelSoft

@Mas'71: If you use those effects, your WHOLE city will go down! That's a thing that you don't want to happen, right?

@Warrior: Great idea! This mod has some potential in it.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Jonathan

MAS'71: Mrtnrln is right about destroying your city with those buttons, I think it would be safer to have to press Ctrl-Alt-Shift befoer you click on them?

I have thought about adding Day/Night Controls and a Real Time Clock?

MandelSoft

Good idea, Warrior! One question: Does that Real Time Clock mean that the ingame clock will be at about the same time as the local time?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Jonathan

Do you mean if you are playing at 12 midnight then the game will be at 12 midnight and therefore dark?
If so no they will be entirely seperate.

Swamper77

There is a realtime clock already in the game. It's hidden usually, unless you type "showtime" without quotes into the dialog that is accessible with Crtl-X.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

HandsOn

This is something else altogether. Even though I have not had time to try it out, the mere fact that you successfully edited the in-game menus leades to all sorts of other stuff!  &apls

If you can do this - what is stopping you from finally winning the SC4 Nobel price for rearranging the other game menus?  "$Deal"$

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

MAS71

Thank you for reply Warrior and Mrtnrln;)
Hahahaha... :D Yes, taht's right.
I understand well your right consideration. ;) I have think sometime that want to use "smoothly" and "erode".

However,
I'm satisfied enough with the MOD of the present version, and anyone will think so.  :thumbsup:
and I'm convinced that it will be one of most standard MOD in our SC4. ;)

Thank you again Warrior.

Diggis

Quote from: Swamper77 on July 05, 2008, 11:50:16 AM
There is a realtime clock already in the game. It's hidden usually, unless you type "showtime" without quotes into the dialog that is accessible with Crtl-X.

-Swamper

If you hover your mouse over the date you will get the game clock come up.

Swamper77

Quote from: Diggis on July 05, 2008, 01:21:03 PM
If you hover your mouse over the date you will get the game clock come up.

I was referring to the actual time, as in the computer's clock, which is what "showtime" displays. ;)

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

homefryes

WOW! How truly awesome it will be to have the god terraform tools in the mayor menu. I cannot wait to try it! Thank you for this!

Homefryes
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium