• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

The new HSR Project uses starter piece technology to add two new model variations to the game, HSR (elevated High Speed Rail) and GHSR (Ground High Speed Rail), this means that monorail is left alone and can coexist along side HSRP.

Please read this post first before asking questions, but if the answer is not here feel free to ask.

DOWNLOADS

CORE
HSRP Windows Version 1 (Beta) Windows    LEX    --- Updated 14 January 2009
HSRP Windows Version 1 (Beta) MacOS   LEX    --- Updated 14 January 2009
DEPENDANCIES
Network Addon Mod January 2009 Windows   LEX    --- Release 14 January 2009
Network Addon Mod January 2009 MacOS   LEX    --- Release 14 January 2009
PATCHES & UPDATES
HSRP Preview Files   Attachment  --- Release 23 February 2010 NEW!!
Shinkansen Monorail mod (bullet train) fix for HSRP   Attachment    --- Release 12 June 2008
EXTRAS
HSRP Refurbished Hub Windows by Andreas and 3ddz   LEX    --- Updated 14 January 2009
GHSR Stations And Hubs by cogeo   STEX    --- Released 4 June 2008
HSR Large Station by tadasu   STEX    --- Released 26 July 2008
High Speed Rail Station Pack  by Xyloxadoria   STEX    --- Released 27 September 2008
NDEX ITS HSRP Terminus Station by ill tonkso   STEX    --- Released 31 October 2008
HSR Bridge Pack by choco   LEX    --- Released 7 March 2009 (Updated 13 April 2009)
HSR & GHSR Catenary Mod HD version by plundere   STEX    --- Released 25 June 2009

RECOMMENDED
Any Slope Mod that includes monorail (Like Ennedi's NHP slope mod)
Monorail train skin that goes well with HSRP and monorail.

Also the Bullet Train Mod (BTM) and it's patch attached to this post, goes very well with the HSRP, giving a different type of HSR and having a more realistic train, that fits in with both HSRP and BTM.

INSTALLATION

1) Remove (uninstall) the original HSRP
2) Install the Network Addon Modd April 2008 (see links above)
3) Install the new HSRP (see links above)
4) Install the refurbished HSRP hub (see links above)
5) Enter SimCity 4
6) Redraw any monorail or HSRP lines you had before installing this project (use cheats to avoid losing money)
7) Enjoy

FAQ

1) Why is the cursor greyed out or red when I try to plop puzzle pieces?
The reason why this happens is because you have an old Controller in your plugins folder, you need to remove it and install the latest NAM (see links above)

If you have datpacked you NAM files (including plugins) delete it and do a clean install of the NAM and do NOT re-datpack it!!!

2) There are no pylons/supports under my old monorail track, why is this?
You have to redraw all your old monorail tracks, and the pylons will reappear, they is no way around this, but in future versions of the new HSRP you will not have to do this.

The reason they dissapear, is because the new mod removes the pylons from the entire monorail network (that includes HSR and GHSR) and then the pylons are added back in using T21s, which will only appear on the specific networks tiles built after the specific T21s were added to the game, in this case when you installed HSRP.

3) Why are the canteneries (overhead wires) missing from HSR and GHSR?
These were left out to allow a quicker release, but they also happened to be a quick way of telling which HSRP modd is installed, this can be quite helpful when troubleshooting problems, but don't worry they will be added in next time, when there's more time and most people who use HSR should be using the new version

4) My HSRP hub doesn't work, it has lots of jobs but sims don't use it to travel on HSRP, why?
I don't know much about Transit Enabling Stations, but I think this is because the Transit Switch Cost is too high, this has been fixed an the the downloads on both the LEX and STEX updated.

5) I run MacOS and so I can't use installers, how can I get the HSRP hub?
At the moment you can't, try using FileJuicer I believe.

6) One or two of my lots that are unrelated to HSRP or NAM change to HSRP textures in certain zooms, why and can this be changed?
If you are still getting this problem then you need to redownload and reinstall the HSRP, as this has been fixed (as of 14 January 09)

VIDEO TUTORIAL - By ErwinNegentig (Uploaded with permission by HalJackey)
[flash=640,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/nEtQ0B-xdxg&hl=en_GB1&hd=1[/flash]

MIncroabl

I could probably help you out with the T21 exemplars at some point. I've been working on a mod to add bases to the el-rail with T21s, here. So, I've become quite familiar with them. I won't promise anything, though, as that mod is a priority at the moment.

Jonathan

The type 21 exemplars need to add the monorail supports back to the monorail as the monorail supports have to be removed to be able to use GHSR. The end product has to look like the monorails do currently if you could give me help and what to do, I will try to do it myself, so as to save your time, and let you get on with your own modd.

jplumbley

Hello Warrior,

Glad to see you've popped up here for help.  I find it easier to find what I need here.

About T21s.

What you need to do is start by making a Lot using LE to place the props.  Then go into iLive Reader and open an existing T21 for the Monorail Network and then open the Lot you just made.  Make sure in the T21 you opened there are no LotConfigPropertyLotObjectData in the T21.  Now, go back to the Lot file and copy all of the LotConfigPropertyLotObjectData that have 0x00000001 and 0x00000004 as the first string in them, these are the Prop and Flora that were created on the Lot.  Paste these properties into the T21 and save under a new IID with the first 6 digits equalling the IID of the texture (or Model) you are doing the T21 for.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Jonathan

Thanks JPlumbley

I think the monorail supports aren't props, please correct me if I'm wrong, if they aren't props how could I go about making them props. Also do you know where the monorail T21s would be, in the NAM files, in SC dats? If you know about paths, I could give more details,when I know what details to give.

Thanks very much,
Warrior

MIncroabl

That's basically it, except that there are no existing T21 exemplars for monorail. You'll have to make them yourself. The property that defines on which tile of the network the T21 will appear is called 'kPropertyID_LotConfigNetworkTileId'. You can use the texture viewer of the Reader to get the right ID.

Getting the props to appear exactly like the pylons on standard monorail requires some messing around with the 'kPropertyID_NetworkPlacementPattern' and/or 'Pattern Size' properties. I haven't played around with these myself, but I suspect they need only some trial and error type testing to get working right.

I can probably help you with these after a week or two, depending on how RL treats me. I'm hoping to get the el-rail mod ready for beta testing by that time, so I'll have extra time. Ground HSR is something I'd really like to see, provided that there'll be an on-slope transition between GHSR and HSR..

Jonathan

Thanks very much for all the help here. I will try out everything tommorrow as I don't have access to my computer with SC4 and the modding stuff.

About Paths, they are the most important along with T21 exemplars as without them the whole thing is useless, if it makes any difference the Paths were edited from the original monorail/HSR paths using Daeleys path creator. I just thought of something I will try it tomorrow and see what happens.

Jonathan

QuoteMake sure in the T21 you opened there are no LotConfigPropertyLotObjectData in the T21.  Now, go back to the Lot file and copy all of the LotConfigPropertyLotObjectData that have 0x00000001 and 0x00000004 as...
JP:I tried the above but it didn't work, so i tried
LotConfigPropertyLotObject instead of LotConfigPropertyLotObjectData and it worked thank you very much for your help and for your help MIncroabl

About Paths, it isn't the paths in the path file as I copied the straight path file from the monorail and didn't change anything not even the hieght, loaded SC4  and still no paths. The only that happens when I use UDI is this (sorry for the bad picture, and ignore the wierd model, I haven't got round to ReUV mapping it) It happens very quickly the monorial fades in like that during the 3,2,1 and then disappears. I still don't know what is wrong with it, it's not the actually paths, I think it might be the RUL linking to the S3D/Pathfile.

Here are the GHSR RULs from the files; 10000000, 10000001, 10000002.

[HighwayIntersectionInfo_0x0000F000]
;Added by warrior 07/21/07.
;Road/GLR
Piece = 0.0, 0.0, 0, 0, 0x5d2d1700
PreviewEffect = preview_draggable_hsr___001

CellLayout =.......
CellLayout =...Z..<
CellLayout =...a...
CellLayout =...^...

CheckType = Z - monorail: 0x02000200
CheckType = a - monorail: 0x02000200 street: 0x00010100, 0xffffffff optional

ConsLayout =.......
ConsLayout =...+..<
ConsLayout =.......
ConsLayout =...^...

AutoTileBase=   0x5d2d1000
ReplacementIntersection = 0, 0
PlaceQueryID = 0x6a47f000
Costs       = 8
[HighwayIntersectionInfo_0x0000F001]
CopyFrom    = 0xF000
Rotate      = 1
[HighwayIntersectionInfo_0x0000F002]
CopyFrom    = 0xF000
Rotate      = 2
[HighwayIntersectionInfo_0x0000F003]
CopyFrom    = 0xF000
Rotate      = 3
;rotation clones
[HighwayIntersectionInfo_0x0000F004]
CopyFrom    = 0xF000
[HighwayIntersectionInfo_0x0000F005]
CopyFrom    = 0xF001
[HighwayIntersectionInfo_0x0000F006]
CopyFrom    = 0xF002
[HighwayIntersectionInfo_0x0000F007]
CopyFrom    = 0xF003

10000001 in the "[StreetMonoRailIntersectionSolutions]" section
;Added 072107 ~ warrior
Rot1=0x00010100,0x02000200,0x5d2d1000,0,0
Rot2=0x01010000,0x00020002,0x5d2d1000,1,0
Rot3=0x01000001,0x02000200,0x5d2d1000,2,0
Rot4=0x00000101,0x00020002,0x5d2d1000,3,0

0x0d031500,1,0,0x5d2d1000,1,0=0x5d2d1000,1,0,0x5d2d1000,1,0
0x5d2d1000,3,0,0x0d031500,1,0=0x5d2d1000,1,0,0x5d2d1000,1,0
0x5d2d1000,1,0,0x0d031500,1,0=0x5d2d1000,1,0,0x5d2d1000,1,0

I still need to know how to models into props.

Shadow Assassin

If you're having problems with weird shadows - did you simply move the model 15m down or create a totally new model? If you did the former, you'd most likely get the shadow glitch, so the only way to fix this would be to create a new model without the pylons. That's how they got rid of the el-rail pylons: they created a totally new model for GLR, which was basically just a flat plane.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Swamper77

Looks like your paths are 90 degrees off from the tiles that they belong too. Either rotate your models or rotate the paths.

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Jonathan

I was told to remove the PylonSupportID and that would remove the Pylons, then to add them back in to the monorail using T21s, I thought this is what happenedwith Draggable GLR but I couldn't the Elevated Rail Placement Tuning Parameters in any of the NAM files, which means the Pylons couldn't have been removed and added in using T21s, unless the draggable GLR are textures, in which case the pylons are removed automatically because textured networks can't have pylons, not flat planes like the puzzle pieces GLR?

Swamper77: It doesn't matter which way the GHSR is going (north-south,East-west) the monorail always points north and it is never in the right place, it is in the middel of the 2 tracks, and always dissappears after the countdown.
I also tried the DrawPaths cheat but nothing showed up.

Jonathan

The T21s are now being done by MIncroabl after he has done his modd, lots(T21s) under elevated rail, here  The are two main advantages to this, I'm useless at T21s and MIncroabl isn't and the GHSR will also be compatible with his modd, and vice versa.

So the next on the list is paths which I still haven't mananged to do and do need some help as I don't understand why they don't work. But I don't think it's the actual paths, maybe if they time, JPlumbley or Tarkus could help?

jplumbley

Hiya Warrior,

Im not sure what the issue is... There can be many issues that prevent SC4Paths from working.  I have a little experience with the paths, so I can try to help.  But, I need to know so more information.

Do you have Buggi's DLL Cheat file installed?  If so, please can you take a picture of the network with the DrawPaths cheat on and post the picture.

Also, can you post what you have written in the SC4Path file for the Straight Piece please.  That way we can confirm you have the right format.  And make sure the IIDs are the same as the network piece you are pathing.

Good luck.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Jonathan

Here is what is in the Path File I copied it from the straight monorail and changed the hieght to 0.5

SC4PATHS
-- Mono_3_1
2.0,-8.0,0.5
-- Mono_1_3
-2.0,-8.0,0.5

I tried making a draggable puzzle piece for road and got the default road paths and put them on with the HSR texture just to see if it would work, which it didn't, which makes me think it's not the paths, but there's some link misssing maybe from the RULs, I have posted what I put in the RULs down the page.

Jonathan

I got the Monorail over GHSR to be draggable, ignore the pylons.
This picture also has the Draw Paths Cheat on, JP. I haven't put any paths on the monorail over pass yet.

jplumbley

Hello Warrior,

What it looks to me is that there are no paths attached to the pieces.  I do not see a path (it would be purple arrows).  You can see part of the arrows on the original Monorail pieces but they are cut off from them being inside the model its self.  The issue sounds as if the TGIs are numbered incorrectly.  Im not entirely sure, hopefully Swamper77 has a better explaination.  Check to make sure the IID is equal to the IID of  the peice you are pathing.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Jonathan

Here is a snapshot of all the straight S3D,FSH,Examplar and SC4PATH files that are the striaght GHSR

But as I said before:

I tried making a draggable puzzle piece for road and got the default road paths and put them on with the HSR texture just to see if it would work, which it didn't, which makes me think it's not the paths, but there's some link misssing maybe from the RULs, I have posted what I put in the RULs down the page.

Whihc amkes me think it's either the RULs or like you said the TGIs

Jonathan

I just made a puzzle piece which has a road path going in one direction and IID is the same as the piece I was pathing and on game there are still no paths, so it's not the GHSR, it's probaly I'm doing something wrong every time.

If I could send the files to someone, to see what I'm doing wrong it would be great, but I understand that most of the modders that can help are usy with their own projects.

(I have tried to fix all the spelling mistakes but my keyboard is running out of batteries and I don't have any more)

EDIT:I made a TE'ed lot with the single lane road custom path, and went in game still no paths, which means it is probably a mistake I am making with in the path file.

jplumbley

I have a test for you... Try making the paths at 5m in height.... that way for sure you will see them.  The model may be blocking it.  If they show up properly at 5m then they should actually be working.

The biggest problem you have right now is that I dont think you have a station to test them on, am I right?  If you had a station then it would be possible to do a basic commuter test.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Jonathan

I can use the monorail station, like GLR using Elevated Rail Station?

I tried 5m but nothing, no paths.