• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

OMG WOW!!!! thats seriously gamebreaking, what a surprise
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

TheTeaCat

Oh my word  :o

How clever is that :thumbsup: Wonderful work on the rural turns too &apls &apls

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

dedgren

Well, remember that rock texture I did a while back?

It's no good.  Don't use it any more.  Get rid of it.

Why?  I mean, it still works- it's not like it is going to break your game or anything if you keep using it.  It looks, well... OK.

But, I'm here to tell you, you don't need it any more.  That's because TSC Team member David (Orange_o_) has created the

Best. Rock. Texture. Ever.

It's called AubracRock, and you can get it here [linkie].  If you were looking for a rock texture that approaches photo-realistic, the search is over.

AubracRock is now the official rock texture of 3RR- look for some posts on regional geology stuff coming up.

I promised our great friend metasmurf that I would redo the Euro textures on wide radius curves of 45 degrees and less.  My friend, the PNGs of the curves are attached at the bottom of this post.

Making these was a hoot!

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

sithlrd98

Quote from: smoncrie on January 23, 2009, 09:45:22 AM
I mentioned that my puzzle piece models can do wealth textures, so I thought I would show you.   This is my version of the S turn.  The burned area is a low wealth lot I use for testing, and below is a farm zone.
The way wealth textures are implemented means that most puzzle pieces can not have any areas of $, $$, $$$ grass, though grass that does not change with wealth may be possible, with significant restrictions.

Ok, so are you telling me that not only is your technique easier to texture , it actually can be wealth textured? So , any sidewalk mod that is a basic standard texture (SMP sandstone , etc.) one would not have to re-texture each instance of the puzzle piece? Brilliant!!!!

Yeah, I kinda liked Orange_o's alot...been using it for a short while.

Jayson

deathtopumpkins

Ooh... download.  ;D I must remember to keep updated on that other David's ::) work.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

smoncrie

Perhaps I should mention that if my puzzle piece models can use an existing puzzle piece texture (this is often the case, but not for the SAM), any texture or euro mod will automatically work; no changes will be needed to the mod or to my models.

As for the wealth textures, the same technique can probably be used with David's FAR/FARR pieces, except that they must be modified a bit first.  I have not tried it so I don't know if this would be easy or hard.

Because of the restricted ability to have grass wealth textures this technique will not work for streets or many SAM sets.

Yes, any sidewalk mod that changes the pavement colour and/or texture should work without modification.

Any sidewalk mod that changes the sidewalk width will probably not work.

sithlrd98

Awesome!!! Can't wait. &apls

Jayson

frdrcklim

It's always nice to find amazing stuff here ;D.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

art128

That's a big honor for the TSC team there David !!
and awesome work on the curves  &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

darraghf

Hi, I know I asked before, but is the str released yet??

and just so you know the  dual rail upgrade on the 3rrex is not working  (the dowload link isn't working)
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

JoeST

Your making your dashed lines with a "unknown" character? ??? :o

LOL, crazy, looking awesome tho

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Jonathan

No the STR isn't released yet,

That's great work on the curves David :thumbsup:
Very ingenous with the text
I'm not sure about the rest of Europe but in the UK I'd say most the corners have double white lines, to show you can't overtake on it.

Jonathan

kbieniu7

Those rural curves looks great. I want to ask, will you make them for normal asphalt or gravel streets?
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Albus of Garaway

Wow, that really is a nice rock mod! Unfortunately, it just isn't my taste. The softer hills are gorgeous, but once you get to the steeper peaks, such as your "#3" picture, I see a long rock that repeats itself several times. Finally, since my region is based in Northern Idaho, the rocks look dry and sun-baked, which, from what I know at least, wouldn't fit the area's climate. Again, it's a wonderful rock mod, but it's just not for me. Good luck with it in 3RR! ;)

bat

Nice work on the euro textures of the curves there! And the rock mod is wonderful, too! :thumbsup:

Gaston

Morning 3RR,
  I have a question regarding FAR and I figured here would be a good place to ask.     Are there any puzzle pieces for intesections yet.   I have been testing away and just realized that there doesn't seem to be a way to cross or intersect it.     
   Also there seems to be at least one piece in the ring missing.   It is a variation of the diagonal to FAR.    It only angles one way and not the other.   At least I can only get it to do so.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Pat

David those curves are looking great there!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

metarvo

Gaston, there are currently no intersection pieces in the FAR.  David has created some textures for intersections, but the current FAR set as found in the new NAM does not include intersection puzzle pieces, other than the rail-over-FAR crossings.

As for your other question, it sounds like the FAR is being dodgy.  Eight different angles of the diagonal to FAR piece appear for me when I go into the game, so it seems as though everything's there.  When you build puzzle pieces next to each other, sometimes it takes some trial and error to get them to line up as desired.  Try varying the order in which you build the puzzle pieces and see if that works.  I get the most success when I build the FAR curves first and then build the straight FAR segments.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Gaston

Thanks Metarvo,
    That is what I was thinking but I wasn't sure how "FAR"  $%Grinno$% we got .   

I just had a really long stretch of FAR straight pieces and realized after placing them that there wasn't an easy way of connecting any roads or streets to them.    ()sad()

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

dedgren

I'm working on a bunch of stuff in the to-do basket today.

We're redoing all the default rail textures- watch for news about that on the RAM Team thread.

UPDATE:  Laying ties on a newly ballasted "game" curve.

Al (Gaston), I've had those FAR intersections in my pocket for months- Darn!  I'll do a couple of puzzle pieces by this evening.  They may be quick and dirty, but they'll do until the next NAM update.

Jonathan (Warrior) has let me know that he will be working on the last draggable STR piece tomorrow.  Watch, as a result, for developments in that area shortly.

We passed another milestone about two hours ago.

I was just sitting down to breakfast when 222219 came up.  It took about four minutes for the next three views to come in.

That's a lot of 2s!

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax