• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

Oh, man, I'm so sorry about that. ()sad() Take care, David, and don't worry about getting back to us before you feel like it.  Until then, we'll still be here.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Tarkus

David, my heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family for your loss.  Losing close family members is always tough.  Your dad sounds like he was a great guy.

-Alex

tooheys

David, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult period.

Dave

Livin in Sim

Hello, David,

I'm so very sorry for your loss.  Thanks for sharing some details of his life with us.  It sounds like he was a great, hard working dad, and it is so special that he cared for your mother when she got sick.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Kindest regards.
--Liv

Battlecat

All the best to you and your family in this difficult time.

j-dub

We have lost a lot of good people this year, a lot of celebrities, and it seems a lot of war heros, a lot of WWII vets for that matter, not to mention, what is also happening in the middle east right now. I just lost my grandfather last month. He had some stuff in common with your father. Just to be fair, I have to mention, this is the third funeral I have gone too, but the one with the most traffic in the recession. I just did not share it on here, because I did not know how to go about dealing with it. I guess because of recent events, it is out now.

So I get where your coming from David. My grandfather also fought in WWII. He married my grandmother as soon as he got back from the war, it seemed to be the big thing to do at that time, I guess that's where the term baby boomer generation came from. I never got to meet her though, she died a time before my arrival. I would not be surprised if your father and my grandfather may have crossed paths at a different time, after all you come from the same surrounding Chicagoland area.

When this family passing happened last month, exactly a month after his birthday, that last stroke was the third. What is really something else, a day after he died, the hospital he was at just went to the press they finally had tech to find and eliminate strokes before they happen. There could not have been worse timing. Well, I take that back, today before I posted this, and I mean right before I posted this, my bicycle broke for no apparent reason in Naperville. Over time, I spent over 75% of the cost to keep having to repair it, and it just could not take it anymore and just had to break there, of all places in the middle of a long thru road with a double solid yellow line. To make matters worse, my PlayStation 3 died out later after a hard day at work, it froze over I don't know how many times, but this time afterward, the disc reader just failed to initialize. So not one, but two major inconvenient breaks I had today that are going to cost me severely. Still though, I think my grandfather was happier after passing, he finally got to see grandma again.

It still does not change the fact how sorry I am to hear of your loss. Dave, consider your father a war hero, just like the case of my grandfather, without your father not making it back from the war, you wouldn't be here, and we wouldn't even be here to run about in this 3RR community, especially with your fair share of accomplishments we have had over time.

superhands

sorry for your loss David. all the best to the family.

-dave

io_bg

David, I'm sorry to hear about your loss ()sad() I wish all the best to you and to your family. And don't worry about getting back to us, do it when you want it, we will wait.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

dragonshardz

It's always sad, seeing the life of someone you love come to an end. I offer my most sincere condolences, David, and know your friends, both on and off the 'Net, will continue to support you and your family through this most trying of times.

Your father sounds like he was a hardworking, loving father who cared for his wife during a difficult time in her life. He will no doubt be missed by all who knew him.

I think I can speak for the entire 3RR community when I say that we can wait as long as necessary. Real life takes precedence over our love for SC4, and often at the worst time in the worst way.

May your father truly Requiem in Pace.

--Patrick

Jmouse

David, while loved ones may leave our sight, their essence is still very much with us. It is their values, their ethics, their love and the endless list of unique attributes they passed down to us that will endure. We came to see these things in ourselves, we see them in our children and we can take great comfort in knowing they will be passed down through many more generations.

I grieve with you and your family...
Joan

MandelSoft

I'm sorry to hear about the sad news  ()sad(). I hope you had a great time with him. Best wishes to your family.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

threestooges

David,

It sounds like he was an amazing man from what I've seen here, but even moreso from the man I've met here. Like Joan said, people are the product of their parents, their families, their loved ones, and I would say you are a great testament to the man. He may have passed, but he will never be gone. I'm glad to hear that he went peacefully. I hope you and your family are as well as can be expected.
-Matt

adroman

My deepest condolences David...

I hope you can hold on to the memories of him, because, as Joan said, that's the thing that counts...
As we say on ANZAC Day here, We Will Remember them, in the morning and at the setting of the sun...

Yours,
Adrian
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

rooker1

My sincere condolences to you and your family.
Your Dad does sound like a great man and I agree full heartedly with what Joan has said!
I'll add you and your family in my prayers tonight, please take care David.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

mayorfabz

Mes plus sincères condoléances à toi et ta famille, David. Nous pensons fort à toi.
Fabien

Ryan B.

David, I'm so sorry for your loss.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

FrankU

Oh David, that is sad sad news....
May your father live for ever in your mind. Maybe he will find a good spot in the Three Rivers Region.

WC_EEND

Sorry for your loss, and my most sincere condolences to you and your family
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

alfadriver12345

I send you my sincere condolences.Sorry for your loss.  &mmm

scott1964