• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WC_EEND's LOTs

Started by WC_EEND, September 23, 2009, 11:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WC_EEND

This will be where I show my LOT's in the works

This is the first one, still very much in the works.
Here are 2 screenshots

Feel free to leave comments/suggestions
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

iskrem

Hey there WC_EEND!

Great start to a lot with potential :thumbsup:
Waiting to see some more props and stuff on the lot to make it more alive.
E.g some trees, people, cars etc etc - but im sure you have tought about that ;)
Where did you get those 'underpasses' props by the way? They look great..

Regards Iskrem

WC_EEND

Small update: I got rid of the GLR station becuse of problems it would cause when TE'd, what dou you guys think? Better now or like it was with the GLR station?

My LOT thread                                    

iskrem

Looking better and better there WC_EEND :thumbsup:
My suggestion is to add more props and not only to use Porkissimos.
Also I not a big fan of those trees, and maby add a 'streetplanters' underneath the trees.
But those are only my suggestions :)

Keep up the good work, regards Iskrem

Fabian93

Hm I personally think that you've put too many underground plazas there. Especially since the big one is blocking the main entrance of the city hall,
and as already said you could add "streetplanters" underneath the trees.

I personally liked the GLR on your plaza, but that's of course your own decision  ;)

Fabian

WC_EEND

small question, does anyone know where I can find people to add on my lots?

My LOT thread                                    

CasperVg

Looks like you're off to go a good start. Good work.

People props can be found under "amill" (based on English: to mill around) in the LE. Simgoober also made a few seperate people props (they're available in his prop pack)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

tamorr

Amill and Aper are the default Maxis people props.

I have to say I like what you have done, but I think I liked it better with the GLR Station. I do have to agree that those trees just don't look right. As another person suggested I agree with making them tree planters with a ring around the base. There are a few in the maxis props, and in a few MEGA packs out there.
Keep up the great work. :thumbsup:

Another suggestion would be since that is a pretty big area is to place the lamp posts further in or maybe even add more closer to the building. :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

WC_EEND

result after adding planters, people ans newspaper machines

My LOT thread                                    

art128

It's good to see you at lotting, my friend !
Your lots are great, the texture used is nice and looks quite good for that building. The general disposition of the props are good too, but I don't really like the trees you used, maybe you  should try with some new CP one, that are seasonal. (just search under "beech" in the LE")
Anyway, good work, I like what you did.
I keep an eye on this thread,
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

WC_EEND

Quote from: art128I don't really like the trees you used, maybe you  should try with some new CP one, that are seasonal. (just search under "beech" in the LE")
You are right, looked up the trees and those look way batter, so I changed them

My LOT thread                                    

tamorr

Now that looks much better, for the exception of the trees. Which you said you changed. CP Trees are definately pretty good, so it is good to know that you are using them instead. That would make the lot more seasonal like and give to a beautiful atmosphere for the lot.
   Even though you didn't add the GLR station back in, this look rather good enough restyling and additions.  :thumbsup:

()stsfd()
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
"Patience is a virtue."

adroman

Very nice work!

I like the way you've used Deadwood's underground plazas... they look great in that situation!
&apls
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

WC_EEND

Now also in the works:

EDIT: replaced the planters with bigger ones

EDIT2: Should I use trees of similar height, or vary more in trees used?

My LOT thread                                    

Earth quake

tamorr

Possibly better with roughly similar height, as variable height usually only looks good in parks, rural, or deep jungle... If not a newly built lot... But that isn't quite as possible in SC4 unless a growing flora was used. I don't remember if there are any growing floras that have a planter base to it... So it is better to image something at moderate growth and old age for trees.
   The little one on the lot does look a little off, since the building is pretty big, and that fact of the other tree being 3x or 4x the size of the small one. So yeah similar height seems best in my oppinion.  Good job in the this other one you started. :)
"Patience is a virtue."

WC_EEND

*cleans up the dust*
Well, it's been a while since I posted some progress, well the simple explanation is that I did not have much time lately (damn school and the different projects we need to make for it). Well here's some pictures:

Let me know your opinion!

My LOT thread                                    

art128

You're getting better and better Xander ! This lot is looking excellent, as far as it's done.
Anyway, I have some little things that I don't really like with the disposition of the props..
First, why did you put two different style of lamp post ? I see the light green one from the upper left of the gorilla statue and the black/black green ones at the bottom of the lot. I think only one style should be better.. If the light green thingy is a lamp post !  :D
Secondly, try to bring the trees on the same "line", I mean the one at right is at the center of the tile, but the one at left is in the upper left corner of the tile.. try to put them in the middle Or in the corner..
Also, I think the lamp post just next to the statue are a bit out of place, put them a bit more near the border of the lot, at the bottom.

Good luck !
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

WC_EEND

the light green one is a clock :P

My LOT thread                                    

art128

AAAhhh !  :D :D My bad, I didn't see it was a clock !  $%Grinno$%

Props & Texture Catalog