• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Besides, there may be some things that don't make it into NAM 31 that get pushed in to NAM 32.  That March 1st date is a hard cutoff.  If a feature isn't ready for public consumption, it doesn't go into the release.  We're not in a state in which "is this possible?" questions ("ITPs", which, often times, are simply probing requests, or "requestions") are really readily answerable.

I can, however, show you a little bit more of what P57 can do, now that RUL2 has surpassed 1,000,000 lines of code (1,000,083 in my build at this minute, to be precise).

-Alex

MandelSoft

We've reached a milesone! 1 million lines of RUL2 is a lot of work :o Great work, Alex! :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

noahclem

Wow, thanks for all the dedication and effort that got RUL2 to a million lines Alex  &apls   Is this one of those times where we say "and here's to a million more"?   :D

strucka

&apls I can simply applaud and tip my hat to you Tarkus an dwell everyone else that is actively involved in the project. I don't have any idea of how much a million lines is, but judging by the complexity RHW has reached from the first releases to now, I'd say it's a worthy million. Great work!

Is it possible to get a Flexfly L4 RHW-12C long curve (15x60 tiles) in this NAM?

No just joking with the last one ;)

sunv123

Good luck with the testing, guys. I thank all of you for your effort on creating the best mod on earth.

Great job guys. :thumbsup:

(and please no probing, please. They don't have enough time, they are humans.)

PS, It's the feature freeze moment right now.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

gn_leugim

:thumbsup: great work, omg 1M lines of code, and its organized, that is a masterpiece! :o

AngryBirdsFan436

FEATURE FREEZE TIME! Just 21 days to go and NAM 31 will land on the SC4Devotion International Airport! :D What time will it arrive? :P $%Grinno$% :D (BTW this is my 100th post!)
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

metarvo

Hey, they still need something to surprise us with.  ;D  Since they've gone above and beyond standard procedures and revealed a date, I'm not sure I even want to know a time.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

MandelSoft

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on February 07, 2013, 06:55:28 AM
FEATURE FREEZE TIME!
Erm, the feature freeze date has not been reached. Currently, we have two dates for that:
- February 12: Soft Feature Freeze. This is our preferred Feature freeze date, but some thing may not be final at this date, because thing often turn out differently than planned
- February 19: Hard Feature Freeze. This is the utmost final date. We need to get every feature ready at this point or it won't make into the next NAM. From this point, testing and bug-fixing only...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jcluvzgamez

I am just completely consumed in excitement for March 1st!  :o 1,000,000 lines of code? That has to break some form of record. Unbelieveable. Spectacular. Amazing. Wtg NAM team, keep it up.
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

Jack_wilds

:) ;) ;D :-\ :satisfied:  builds in excitement... here is the dance of anticipation  &dance &dance &dance   :D ... and a hearty well done to Tarkus and Mandelsoft and the entire NAM-Team for their dedication and 1M+ lines of code...   &apls &apls &apls ...  :)

Swordmaster

Quote from: strucka on February 07, 2013, 05:09:43 AMI don't have any idea of how much a million lines is

It's a million times this:

0x57188240,0,1,0x57187A00,2,1=0x57188240,0,1,0x57188205,2,1

Which for most people is just gibberish, but for Alex. . .

Quote from: Tarkus on July 20, 2011, 06:43:44 PMPersonally, I actually enjoy RUL2 stuff a lot (. . .) and it's not uncommon for me to crank out a thousand lines of code in a night.

What he said. It's the only instance you find when searching "enjoy RUL2" on the interwebs. At this point I expect Tarkusian Nights to be Stephen King's next horror novel.

Great work man! &apls

Cheers
Willy

Tarkus

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.  The scary part is, it'll probably balloon to about 1.5 million (at least) for release, once the stability's copied over.

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 07, 2013, 03:32:12 PM
0x57188240,0,1,0x57187A00,2,1=0x57188240,0,1,0x57188205,2,1

Which for most people is just gibberish, but for Alex. . .

Even scarier, I know exactly where that code belongs, and what it does, even isolated and out-of-context like that. :D

-Alex

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: Tarkus on February 07, 2013, 05:45:01 PM
Even scarier, I know exactly where that code belongs, and what it does, even isolated and out-of-context like that. :D

Hmm...that is scary. Joking aside, I sincerely thank you for all of your hard work and determination in completing Project 57. I'm sure that you're looking forward to the March 1 release as much as the rest of us. I also imagine that P57's completion will open the floodgates for more advanced RHW features in future releases.

mave94

Wow, 1 million lines of RUL-code! :shocked2: That seriously is a milestone indeed! Thanks for the amazing work on P57. :thumbsup:

Wiimeiser

What exactly does that code do, might I ask?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

AngryBirdsFan436

1,000,000 RULS?? :o The greatest mod of all time! Not only in SimCity 4, but also in the entire world of gaming! Thank you NAM Team for the great work! &apls &apls &apls 1,000,000 RULs is a huge milestone!
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

Swordmaster

Quote from: Wiimeiser on February 08, 2013, 04:47:08 PM
What exactly does that code do, might I ask?

Exactly? It changes the combination of textures 0x57188240 and 0x57187A00 into the new combination 0x57188240 and 0x57188205, in the specific rotations and mirrors mentioned. That's probably not what you want to know ;D

If I'm correct, it's part of a diagonal overpass override. I had to look it up of course, I'm not pretending anything here :D

Cheers
Willy

Durfsurn

Well Done everyone and Alex if you enjoy RUL-2 coding at night well you gotta love something right :P

Tarkus

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 08, 2013, 08:01:54 PM
If I'm correct, it's part of a diagonal overpass override. I had to look it up of course, I'm not pretending anything here :D

Indeed it is.  It's for diagonal L1 RHW-6C (outer) over orthogonal L0 RHW-12S (outer), from the vantage point of the L0 RHW-12S.  That code carries the 12S from the outermost tile of the diagonal 6C to the outer-side center.  (I can tell this by the start of the IID--0x5718, indicating L1 RHW-6C, and the piece ID of 82, which indicates DxO over an RHW-12S, and the suffixes of 40 and 05, which indicate the outer part of a 6C, crossing over an L0 network.)

And before anyone asks, while I've been coding everything on the 12S on the RUL2 side, the 12S won't be available in NAM 31.  There won't be any ramp interfaces or transitions for it done by then, so there's really no utility for it until then.

And the RUL2 count has already grown to 1.01 million.  Cranked out about 12,000 lines last night (mostly just copy-pasted stability code for the L1 RHW-4).  Copy-pasting huge chunks of stability code results in absurdly high line count increases.

-Alex