• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

European House Add-on (EHA) by Gn_Leugim

Started by gn_leugim, July 30, 2012, 12:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

Hi everyone

First of all, let me introduce you the European House Add-On, EHA. EHA is my own project to make some new houses, and maybe in future commercial buildings too, using both size, specs, families and lots from maxis homes. what are the advantages?? I'll quote Cogeo's reply on this matter for you

QuoteUsually what is released is a BAT (and bulding), along with a single lot (or maybe with a ploppable version too); no lot variations, no different lot dimensions, sizes or growth stages. All these actually require significant effort, which most custom content developers apparently are not willing to make. Therefore why not avoid lotting completely, and instead make BATs (buildings) that comply to certain simple standards, and are thus possible to grow on the professionally designed Maxis lots?
QuoteWhile the work made by Maxis as far as lotting is concerned is very good actually, players still complain of getting repetitevely the same buildings, especially if a single building style is selected. This is easy to explain, simply the building collection is not extensive enough. Many families consist of three, two, or often just one member! So the simulator (combine this with the growth stage too) may have very few, if not just one option! Therefore extending the families, can be the preferred way to go, esp if one wants to concentrate on BATting and avoid tinkering with providing all the aforementioned lot variations. Making a BAT (and a building exemplar) that can grow on Maxis lots can be much better than releasing a single lot, no matter how many props it has, or how good it looks (of course generally speaking). Modding can be much easier too. One can simply copy-and-paste all properties from a similar Maxis building, and change only a few things like the names (Exemplar Name name and User Visible Name Key) and Resource Key Type 1 - all others being the same. This can be very acceptable.

So,
  • No unbalances duo to miscalculated occupancy\size ratio. they will no overgrow, nor grow very few, they will grow equally to maxis buildings;

• Following the above, you have for sure that they will grow, given that you have European tile set selected;

• Lower size plugins, because all you download is the model and his description file. no lot files, because they will use maxis lots to grow on

Multilanguage files. I try as far as I can include the following languages:

• English (both USA and UK)

• German

• French

• Spanish

• Italian

• Portuguese

Also, diagonal versions of the same models will be made, to be used in special lots, to make diagonal buildings growable (still testing).

So, I'll be leaving the development of this project and leave also a list of buildings done, buildings being done and to be done Hope you enjoy.

Label: To Be Done (TBD) / On Progress (OP) / Done Waiting Upload (DWU)

Residential Low Wealth (R$)

4x10: Thin Home / John's Home  /TBD
    6X8: Aunt Zeza's Home /TBD
    8x10: Standing House  / TBD
    16x8(w2w):Granny's Home / TBD
    10x24: Poor Terraces / Poor Apartments /TBD
    16x30 (w2w): Lousy Apartments / Mr. Hammer Apartments /(DWU) / TBD
    28x24: Azuleijitos Apartment / TBD
    28x22: TBD
    (New!)16x32 (w2w): Houses in the corner (DWU) /TBD
    40x44: [/url]High Fall Apartments (LEX) / TBD

Residential Mid Wealth (R$$)

10x14: Berto's Home / Berto's Place / TBD
    12x10: Nice Home / House with View /  TBD
    12x14: Pretty House / Arched House / TBD
    (new!)16x8 (w2w): Comforting Houses / TBD
    (new!)16x12(w2w): Friend Houses / TBD
    16x16(w2w): Germinated Homes / TBD
    16x20 (w2w): TBD
    24x30
    : Pleasant Block / TBD
    28x20: TBD
    28x28: TBD

Residential High Wealth (R$$$)

16x20: TBD
    20x20: TBD
    24x14: Villa de Vinho / TBD
    20x24: TBD
    24x28: TBD
    28x26: TBD
    32x32(w2w): TBD

EDIT - Corrected all your links to Simtropolis. Arthur/Moderator.    ;)

thank you ;)

FrankU

Hi,

This sounds interesting!
Maybe I can be of help in adding the Dutch language?

FrankU

gn_leugim

art128

Very interesting indeed!

That's one great project to follow. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

WC_EEND

Great idea for a project, and I can help with a Dutch translation too if needed.

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

gn_leugim

Thank you, I shall need that then. I have one BAT (which are two, as it has 2 different textures) which is the R$10x24

For those who have not seen it, here it is :p
Version1

version2

Now, for its name, I go for (in Portuguese) Varandas Pobres. In English it goes as Poor Terraces (Balconies)

Now, for other languages I have (via google  :-[)

French: Terrasses Pauvres
German: Schlechte Terrassen
Italian: Terrazze Poveri
Spansh: Terrazas Pobres
Dutch: Slechte Terraces

So, I am wrong about any of them? XD

WC_EEND

If you want to translate it literally, it should be "Arme Terrassen/Balkons"
Where Terrassen = Terraces and Balkons = balconies

Xander

My LOT thread                                    

krbe

The same goes for German, if poor is meant to mean devoid of monies. Schlecte does indeed mean poor sometimes, but more to the effect of being bad or in poor condition.

gn_leugim

Gugu3

In italian we don't use the word terrazze to indicate buildings :)so I would go for something like "Appartamenti popolari" :thumbsup:hope this help :D

Flatron

For german, I'd suggest sth. like "billige Appartments" or "billige Mietwohnungen" :)
and if you want to keep the balkonies in the name, simply add : " mit Balkon"

Sciurus

In french, I would say it's the same as in italian: "Terrasse pauvre" wouldn't be said... we'd use "Appartements pauvres" or "Appartements populaires". Hope this helps! :)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

WC_EEND

Come to think of it, "Arme Appartementen" would probably better as Terras or Balkon refers to the actual balcony mostly, but you can still add "met terras/balkon"  if you want (much like in the case of the German translation.

Xander

My LOT thread                                    

gn_leugim

Terrace is not a for the building, it means "Balcony". Maybe Balcone is more suitable?  ::)

gn_leugim

so, reformulating:

French: Terrasses Pauvres Appartements Pauvres
German: Schlechte Terrassen Billige/Arme? Appartments
Italian: Terrazze Poveri Appartamenti Popolari (maybe Poveri?)
Spansh: Terrazas Pobres Balcones Pobres
Dutch: Slechte Terraces Arme Balkons

art128

Uhmm, for the french I would use Appartements populaires, I've never seen " pauvres " being used officially.

Props & Texture Catalog

gn_leugim

hmm, I see. does it also means "poor" btw? my French is so rust XD

art128

Yes it does means Poor in some way. " classes populaires " ( popular classes) are generally the people who don't have lots of money / are poor.

Props & Texture Catalog

mave94

In Dutch it is almost the same as in German. Billige means cheap and arme means poor. In Dutch arme means poor, too. In Dutch cheap is goedkoop. I would say goedkope appartementen in Dutch, because arme appartementen sounds a bit weird to my ears; and I would go for billige Apartments in German.

It looks like a nice project, so keep it up. :thumbsup:

Gugu3

For the italian translation that is the best...what art128 said regarding the french translation is the same in italian
Quote from: art128 on August 01, 2012, 05:17:38 AM
Yes it does means Poor in some way. " classes populaires " ( popular classes) are generally the people who don't have lots of money / are poor.
that's why we don't say "appartamenti poveri" but "appartamenti popolari" :D
hope this helps
Gugu