• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A200

Will there be lights on the EL-RHW4 as well?

Kitsune

Can there be ground highway to 6C converter added? All other work arounds aside from converting it to RHW 4 and then ground highway doesnt work.
~ NAM Team Member

the7train

j-dub: thanks so much for your instructional video!  I've built the turn and will test it out with sims today hopefully (thanks to the snow  ;D )

Dogma555: if you search on "no trucks" at STEX there are some downloads you can use to prevent trucks from getting on roads, one way roads and avenues.  So if you use OWRs as part of your on / off ramps, you can prevent trucks from getting on Highways.  I use the NJTP every now and then and think this is a great set up.  Its one of the best highway designs out there imo.

Docs

What I would really like to see, and I'm sure a lot of people after playing with the RHW for a bit will also enjoy, is pre-made interchanges (more along the lines of pre-plotting the exit/entrance lanes, the MIS that would curve around (or raise a level or something) and all you would have to do is insert said road/avenue/etc (maybe as a MMS).

Not only would interchanges become easier to produce, but the complicated ones like an intersecting n-s / w-e rhw-4 cloverleaf system takes up a lot of room (I think mine came out to 24x16, and that was with using the 4 clovers on the outsides, and the inner is a hyperbola. Just hoping =)

Tarkus

"Pre-made" or "Pre-fab" interchanges take an immense amount of time on the modding end, and for that reason, are very unlikely to ever happen for the RHW.  We'd be talking about a couple months at least for just one. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

Blue Lightning

Pre-fab interchanges would take a lot of time, as Alex said. Given, the models would take a long time, my DD transition took over a week of hard work for 10 tiles (And I'm me) Anyway, the core idea of the RHW is for realistic(ish), custom, modular interchanges and highways.

Vince

Oh, and for those who want to know, it looks like this: LINK
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Ryan B.

metarvo

You really do have a talent for transit, and it shows in your work.  Great job, Vince!

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Haljackey

Quote from: Docs on March 02, 2009, 12:46:44 PM
What I would really like to see, and I'm sure a lot of people after playing with the RHW for a bit will also enjoy, is pre-made interchanges (more along the lines of pre-plotting the exit/entrance lanes, the MIS that would curve around (or raise a level or something) and all you would have to do is insert said road/avenue/etc (maybe as a MMS).

Not only would interchanges become easier to produce, but the complicated ones like an intersecting n-s / w-e rhw-4 cloverleaf system takes up a lot of room (I think mine came out to 24x16, and that was with using the 4 clovers on the outsides, and the inner is a hyperbola. Just hoping =)

Quote from: Tarkus on March 02, 2009, 12:58:38 PM
"Pre-made" or "Pre-fab" interchanges take an immense amount of time on the modding end, and for that reason, are very unlikely to ever happen for the RHW.  We'd be talking about a couple months at least for just one. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

Don't forget about the 16x16 tile limit :P.  It would be very tough to cram a realistic RHW interchange in such a small area.  Not only does the MIS allow you to exceed this limit, it allows virtually infinite combinations, resulting in some very unique interchanges.

Blue Lightning:  Looking good!  That's some nice work!

Best,
-Haljackey

b22rian

Quote from: j-dub on February 27, 2009, 03:51:07 PM
The 7 Train, I stink at explaining things. Maybe if I was not H.F. Autistic I could actually explain right here, but because I can't describe well, not even from multiple pictures alone, doing a video demonstration of this was the only way.

[
This only seems to work best with RHW-6.

J dub , some very creative work done here &apls

I actually fully tested this out with the RHW-8, its fully functional and the only problems i had were I had
lot of those nasty "unsuitable grade for construction " error messages....

Which I understand is more related to a game bug dealing with building near TE lots and intersections more
than anything else.. Im currently looking into strategies to deal with this issue best..

Anyways this interim solution is much appreciated J- Dub,

Regards, Brian

Xyloxadoria

Well. Im done with the barriers. For thoose of you who want them, ive attached the Beta to this post. I finshed changing all the light poles to every two tiles becsue it look really dark at every 4, and it still looks dark:

The high-mast lighthing i used earlier has too wide a base to be used normally on the RHW so im going to BAT some bigger lightpoles for the RHW, (unless there are some i don't know about already done)

deathtopumpkins

Xylox, there isn't an attachment...  ???

And does this beta have both barriers and lights, or options for only one?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Haljackey

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on March 03, 2009, 12:46:46 PM
Xylox, there isn't an attachment...  ???

And does this beta have both barriers and lights, or options for only one?

The beta is barriers only for now.  I'm sure Xylo just forgot about adding the attachment.

I look forward to trying it out!   :thumbsup:

jmvl

Hello everyone,

I've created a new Puzzle Piece for the Rural Highway Mod: a RHW-8 to RHW-6C transition with a MIS entrance and a MIS exit lane.
Here are some pictures:

This is my first Puzzle Piece, I've never created a Puzzle Piece before. In the last weeks I've figured out how to create a Puzzle Piece. Three weeks ago I knew nothing about how to create a Puzzle Piece. Some technical information and questions about my new Puzzle Piece and a list of future Puzzle Pieces, created by me, can be found here.

This Puzzle Piece is very useful and increases the compatibility between the RHW-6C, RHW-8 and MIS networks. I've chosen to create a RHW-8 to RHW-6C transition with a MIS entrance and a MIS exit lane instead of a RHW-8 to RHW-6S transition with a MIS Ramp, because it has the highest possible capacity. (A RHW-6C has more capacity than a RHW-6S.) To my opinion, it's a great addon for the next release of the Rural Highway Mod.

j-dub

Uh-oh! so that makes two more RHW modders after Tarkus only the second month this year!
Jmvl, granted you probably took alot of hours a day making this, but it seems like you got this taken care of fast, especially that it has textures, a prop, and is pathed. Any more additions are appreciated. That is pretty impressive  &apls

Swamper77

J-Dub,

The prop is shown because there is a set of stubs for the RHW6C on that side. The draggable RHW6C has props on it via T21's. The draggable stubs are not part of the puzzle piece, but they will appear if the puzzle piece is constructed properly to have draggable stubs.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Patricius Maximus

Jmvl: Great  &apls &apls. We have a second modder for the RHW now! The puzzle piece looks good, and although one part of the texture is off a bit, it's a great job for having just done your first one. Are you planning on doing any more?

jmvl

Quote from: j-dub on March 03, 2009, 11:27:53 PM
Uh-oh! so that makes two more RHW modders after Tarkus only the second month this year!
Jmvl, granted you probably took alot of hours a day making this, but it seems like you got this taken care of fast, especially that it has textures, a prop, and is pathed. Any more additions are appreciated. That is pretty impressive  &apls
Thank you for that, j-dub. It took me hours to make this Puzzle Piece (especially because I had to figure out the entire procedure for creating Puzzle Pieces), I was busy with it for two weeks. I'm planning more additions (see below).
Quote from: Patricius Maximus on March 04, 2009, 04:07:30 AM
Jmvl: Great  &apls &apls. We have a second modder for the RHW now! The puzzle piece looks good, and although one part of the texture is off a bit, it's a great job for having just done your first one. Are you planning on doing any more?
Also thank you for that, Patricius Maximus. I'm planning on doing more Puzzle Pieces. Here is a list:
- A RHW-8 to RHW-6C transition with a MIS entrance and a MIS exit lane (left puzzle piece)
- A RHW-8 to RHW-6C transition (left and right puzzle pieces)
- A RHW-6C to RHW-4 transition with a MIS entrance and a MIS exit lane (left and right puzzle pieces)

I know that the texture is off a bit. I've made the textures just to test the Puzzle Piece and I'm going to change them on another day.

I also need to register some Instance IDs and IntersectionInfo IDs and put my code for the Puzzle Piece in the central RUL 0x10000000-file. Does anybody know with which member of the NAM Team I can talk about reserving Instance IDs, IntersectionInfo IDs and putting my code for the Puzzle Piece in the central RUL 0x10000000-file? Please answer this question here, because it is, in my opinion, a little bit off-topic in this thread. Thanks in the advance.

WC_EEND

would it be possible to make this kind of splitter ramp?

sorry for bad quality, but it was made in MS Paint
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Patricius Maximus

QuoteAlso thank you for that, Patricius Maximus. I'm planning on doing more Puzzle Pieces. Here is a list:
- A RHW-8 to RHW-6C transition with a MIS entrance and a MIS exit lane (left puzzle piece)
- A RHW-8 to RHW-6C transition (left and right puzzle pieces)
- A RHW-6C to RHW-4 transition with a MIS entrance and a MIS exit lane (left and right puzzle pieces)

That's great news. Those transitions are needed desperately in my regions. I hope when finished it will be released, as either part of RHW 4.0, a 3.x update, or an add-on package.

WC_EEND: I am assuming "RHW-6" would be the C version. It certainly would be possible, but it would take up 3 tiles.