• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ANNOUNCEMENT: March 2009 NAM Release

Started by Tarkus, March 07, 2009, 04:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

The NAM Team is pleased to announce the release of the March 2009 Network Addon Mod (NAM)

Features
-Numerous bugfixes, also addressing the issue of Custom Interchange Preview Models replacing other game buildings
-Incorporation of improved rail textures, allowing for better color match with Rail Puzzle Pieces
-Rail, Elevated Light Rail and Monorail cosmetic improvements by dedgren and Swamper77
-Updated NAM Controller and Bridge Controller, allowing for compatibility with the new Rail Addon Mod/Single Track Rail (RAM/STR) and Rural Roads plugins (available separately), new bridges by threestooges and choco (available separately) and bugfixes coinciding with the Rural Highway Mod (RHW) Version 3.2 update.

For those of you who have the January 2009 NAM release and don't wish to redownload the entire NAM Core Package again, a NAM March 2009 Update will be released within the next couple days, incorporating only the files changed during the update.

LINKS

• NAM March 2009--WINDOWS|MAC

• NAM Essentials March 2009--WINDOWS/MAC

• RHW Version 3.2--WINDOWS|MAC

• Rural Roads Plugin Version 1--WINDOWS/MAC (Requires Street Addon Mod (SAM) Version 3 for SAM Curve functionality)

• Rail Addon Mod Version 1/Single-Track Rail--WINDOWS|MAC

• Wooden Trestle Bridge for Single-Track Rail by threestooges--WINDOWS/MAC

• Plate Girder Rail Bridge for Single-Track Rail by threestooges--WINDOWS/MAC

• Howe Truss Rail Bridges by threestooges--WINDOWS/MAC
    (includes both a Single-Track and Dual-Track Bridge)

• Monorail Bridges by choco--WINDOWS/MAC

• HSR Bridge Pack by choco--WINDOWS/MAC

• Tsing Ma Bridge by jeronij (Updated)--WINDOWS/MAC

-NAM Team

A200

Ooo the STR looks good  $%Grinno$%

WTH is the rural roads plugin? o.O

Thanks XD

un1

And I just finished building the major transportation in my city, and I don't want to rebuild the underwater tunnels.

Looks great though!

Haljackey

...You forgot the March 09 NAM Essentials link in your announcement, Alex.  :P

Thanks, Hal!  It's fixed now. ;-) -Alex

Blue Lightning

AWESOME!  :thumbsup:
As Hal said, ya forgot the Essentials. DTP and I were just arguing about that :P
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Andreas

For everyone who is wondering why the ZIP file of the STR Windows version is labeled "Mac": I accidentially uploaded the wrong file in the first place, and unfortunately, the LEX keeps the filenames, even when updating a file. I added Windows and Mac logos to the screenshots, so it should be clear which is the correct version. :)
Andreas

swat-medic

What a surprise!  Thanks guys for the hard work and dedication.  :thumbsup:

deathtopumpkins

Me and blue lightning are still arguing. Do you need to download both the NAM and NAM Essentials? I never downloaded the Essentials unless there was just a slight update in the past.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

TheTeaCat

thanks once again for all the hard work put in  :thumbsup:
great surprise too &apls

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Andreas

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on March 07, 2009, 05:44:52 PM
Me and blue lightning are still arguing. Do you need to download both the NAM and NAM Essentials? I never downloaded the Essentials unless there was just a slight update in the past.

No, if you download the updated NAM, the NAM Essentials (NAM Controller) is included already. However, if you don't want to download the complete NAM yet again, download the NAM Essentials for the ability to use all the new bridges, STR and Rural Roads plugin, as well as the RHW RUL bugfixes.
Andreas

deathtopumpkins

Thanks Andreas. I just went ahead and installed the whole new NAM.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Tarkus

Quote from: A200 on March 07, 2009, 05:15:36 PM

It consists of a series of dashed line Road Puzzle Pieces, along with Wide Radius Curves for three SAM Texture Sets.

-Alex

A200

Oh it has dashed lines, does it work with the Euro Roads MOD?

Swamper77

The Rural Roads Plugin currently has American textures. Someone will have to make the Euro versions of the textures.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

A200

Actually now that I think about it you don't need one for Euro roads as the Euro road texture has dashed lines anyway  &idea

Silly me  $%Grinno$%

Andreas

Quote from: A200 on March 07, 2009, 06:05:35 PM
Actually now that I think about it you don't need one for Euro roads as the Euro road texture has dashed lines anyway  &idea

Yeah, that's true. ;) I'll have to think up some alternative Euro textures for them - such as a continuous white line, which indicates that overturning is forbidden. But we'll see about that...
Andreas

sithlrd98

Great job as usual! &apls

Quote from: A200 on March 07, 2009, 05:15:36 PM

Thanks XD

It was designed to be just that...rural. No traffic lights at the intersections , etc.

I was hoping that David (or some one else) would incorporate what you know who had done with his road mod by adding stop text and lines at the intersections. I tried to do it when in beta , but couldn't get the alphas to line up correctly.

Jayson

metarvo

I go away for six hours, and come back to a new NAM.  This is absolutely outstanding!  Even the Rural Roads are ready, which I have anticipated.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Splime

Well that was a surprise...

I was just messing around with the rural roads, however, and the SAM gravel road orthogonal filler piece seems to be missing. Everything else is there, though.