• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to use either Photobucket or Imageshack...

Started by Pat, February 16, 2009, 01:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

OK Here is a good tutorial on how to use either Photobucket[linkie] or Imageshack [linkie] as since pretty much they work the same way... You must first register for an account at either site and then you can start to upload your pics there by following the instructions giving...

After your image is uploaded there will be a display almost like so, then you will want the link that say direct link

copy the link and then do this one like soo, click on the insert image tag

and then this one you should now see the IMG tags and just place the code in there...

so now it should look like this....

There we go so now you should be able to post direct linked pictures to SC4D and remember to have the pic resized to 800x600 if you are going to be doing the direct link method...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jonathan

Pat, that'll definitely help people :thumbsup:

btw, if you use IMG code instead of direct link then you don't need to click the insert image button (I'm just lazy  :P, what I'd love is to be able to right click a photo on my PC and it uploads the picture and returns the link :) )

Jonathan

TheTeaCat

Nice one Pat.

Quote from: Warrior on February 16, 2009, 01:39:32 PM
Pat, that'll definitely help people :thumbsup:

btw, if you use IMG code instead of direct link then you don't need to click the insert image button (I'm just lazy  :P, what I'd love is to be able to right click a photo on my PC and it uploads the picture and returns the link :) )

Jonathan

@Jonathon - If you use imageshack get their toolbar and you can set that up in the options. (In fact you can take a pic in game and have it upload immediately and return the code for you on the clipboard :D ) Its a handy built in feature :thumbsup:

Just thought you'd like to know :D
OOh kettle's boiling gotta go ::)

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

ehbk2006

Here's a tip for users who upload a single image on Imageshack:

They try to hide the direct link for you.  ;) >:D
My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

Pat

Thank you ehbk for that informative tip!!! I was going to edit that in there once I had looked at Imageshack myself but you beat me to it!!!

Its also good to use that direct link from imageshack as it keeps you from seeing that "take the dumb test" under your picture...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jonathan

ehbk, so we shouldn't use the direct links?
I hate it now that imageshack has changed the images, so it links to imageshack and has the blue writing beneath it, that one reason I don't use it (beside being set up for photobucket already)

Jonathan

ehbk2006

I think it has to due with bandwidth and stuff, therefore they don't like it when you use the direct link.
But it isn't dangerous or something. All my images in my topic are linked direct and they still work.  :thumbsup:
My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

Pat

Yes Imageshack is being evil trying to hide that direct link from us but hey if there is a will there is a way!!!  ;D  Waterfalls and all of the images I use even here in this little tut are direct linked from Imageshack  ;)

RippleJet

Quote from: ehbk2006 on February 18, 2009, 03:12:34 AM
All my images in my topic are linked direct and they still work.  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately they don't... images uploaded on imageshack have a bad habbit of disappearing...
More than 10% of my images have gone missing, and even your own avatar seems to be missing... ::)

It's quite annoying, especially when vital images in tutorials suddenly are missing... :(

This has been a problem with imageshack for quite a while, and as long as images keep disappearing,
I cannot but recommend photobucket.com over imageshack.us, at least for more important images.

Due to its top domain, images uploaded on imageshack.us are also blocked from our Chinese audience.

calibanX

I can't for the life of me find a tutorial on how to put a link in my MD to a larger image. I want to post a link to a large map. Anyone care to help out?

Thanks in advance!

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

xxdita

[URL=http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/ditareinvented/SC4D/?action=view&current=ScreenShot037.jpg][IMG]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/ditareinvented/SC4D/th_ScreenShot037.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

threestooges

That code will certainly do it. Two suggestions to add to it though: his image link that he used in his code is the same for the link as it is for the image. In other words, your link to an image that is 1200x1200 for example, would be an image that is 1200x1200, which could defeat the purpose of linking. You could either upload a separate, re-sized image and use that for the image tag section of the link, or you could limit the width of the image itself [img width=800]link[/img] which will automatically resize the picture. That wa you would only need to upload the one large image. I would use that technique sparingly though since it's an extra step the site has to take when loading the page, but it works.
-Matt

Pat

ooo oo activity from me lol.... OK Tage I will switch these pics over to Photobucket and relaunch the tut on just using it... I dont want any of my pics posted not viewed and that is annoying to hear that not everyone can see them from Imageshack....

thingfishs

FWIW I've been using imgur.com for all my photos, is this OK?

joelyboy911

You can host your pictures wherever you like. I find Casimages useful, because unlike Photobucket, it doesn't have a bandwidth limit (that I've ever reached) and it allows you to upload photos up to 5mb in size. Of course, if you can't read French it might be a bit harder.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian