• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

OWG OneWayGLR

Started by henryking, September 14, 2007, 05:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henryking

First of all I have no modding experience till now...and I'm just getting into textureing.....But I had a Idia for something I would really like to see in my City: The OnewayGLR.....consisting of:
A onewayroad with only the right lane for cars...the left one is replaced by a GLR-Track
And a Road with one GLR-Track on the median...I would really like to know if it is even possible to allow transit of GLR only in one direction...and if there is someone who could help me with this idea....

Edit: seems that I have mweesed up the Pictures a bit....there only this two ones supposed to be seen...but not 3 times for one of them ....

M4346

I am not a transit modder, not even close, but I have to say that it is good to see you take the initiative yourself to create the textures for the proposed addition, unlike many others who just make a suggestion and expect the transit modders to just add it to their already heaped up pile of work. :)

So, I do hope that his is workable and viable, and that you can get somewhere with it.

Huge kudos for taking the first steps!  &apls And good luck!  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

henryking

Well thanks for the nice words.
After all I think it's shameless to say like...."Uhm I had this Idea...no idea how to do this...so do it for me!"

So I just have to do it myself.....Well and afterall I dont want to slowdown the progress for the upcoming NWM, SAM, TLA, RHW-Mods

Starmanw402007

So far those photos are looking great, Just Keep Up your good work on the project. Looking forward for more updates.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

jplumbley

HAHA... nothing can slow us down on the SAM right now!  You may see something very soon?  ???

This is a doable MOD... Time-consuming like every other transit mod.  I have the RULs essentially laid out as a template for something like this.  Some additional modding and textures is all it really needs.  The additional modding is SC4Path files and then updating the Transit Simulator to allow GLR traffic on OWRs and then we can make this into a SAM-like variation of the OWR System.  Eventually the SAM is going to expand to other networks beyond just streets so this can be included eventually if you create the textures and pass them over to me in PNG format.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

FromTheAshes

WOW this will be amazing  :shocked2: Exactly what I need to add a more european and realistic flair to my cities.
Besonders das zweit-letzte ist geil!  ;D
Visit Vorsfelde.

henryking

&hlp YAY, for hearing that it is possible....I won't be online during the coming weekend, but I could get the first set of textures done till next week, and send them to you.

Ja ich hab hierbei vor allem an die Kampstraße vor Karstadt in Dortmund gedacht...naja da ist zwar Straßenbahn in beide Richtungen aber dass bekomme ich nicht auf nur ein Feld Breite unter und für zwei Felder gibts schon die Avenue mit GLR

bat

That's looking great so far and is surely useful! :thumbsup:

Filasimo

im must say those textures u made henry are really "SAM"-thing else!  :D
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Jonathan

Quote from: jplumbley on September 14, 2007, 06:29:53 AM
HAHA... nothing can slow us down on the SAM right now!  You may see something very soon?  ???

This is a doable MOD... Time-consuming like every other transit mod.  I have the RULs essentially laid out as a template for something like this.  Some additional modding and textures is all it really needs.  The additional modding is SC4Path files and then updating the Transit Simulator to allow GLR traffic on OWRs and then we can make this into a SAM-like variation of the OWR System.  Eventually the SAM is going to expand to other networks beyond just streets so this can be included eventually if you create the textures and pass them over to me in PNG format.

Great textures, does JPlumbley's post mean we can have draggable dual networks now?

jplumbley

Quote from: Warrior on September 14, 2007, 08:52:48 AM
Great textures, does JPlumbley's post mean we can have draggable dual networks now?

Yes, but we have to be careful with them.  If we over use them we will cause issues that are unknown.  It is ok to do it for a network or two, but not every network.

Im also toying with the idea, that it may be possible to add other network paths to the subway system.  I have only done theoretical research and no experiment has been created, I would need some talented help for that.  What would be required is a Station like Rail to Subway, update that Subway system Path files and add lets say Rail Traffic in this instance to the Subway Network.  Instead of the Station converting the Rail Traffic to Subway Traffic as it does not, we may be able to convert it to Rail Traffic.

Now, the theoretical possibility of this is that by adding Rail Traffic to the Subway System in the Transit Simulator will allow us to have different speeds and keep each traffic type separate from each other.  Stations are able to accept only certain traffic and Convert it above or below ground, I dont know how well this would work, but it may allow us to tell Road Traffic to go underground into the Subway System and Travel at 100km/h rather than 225km/h.  Another benefit by separating the Traffic is that we can "Restrict" Entrance/Exits to a certain type of Traffic (I am pretty sure this is possible on the Station LOTs).

So in effect you could setup a subway system that goes east to west with "real" subway stations connecting two areas.  And then you can design a North to South Highway system which has an underground segment that requires an intersection with the subway line and you'd be able to keep the traffic separate from each other.  The Road Traffic from the Highway would be considered a separate system to an extent from the Subway Traffic from the Subway Lines.  Essentially a BBD without the issue of sims taking the tunnel entrance and leaving at a subway station and walking away forgetting their cars in the subway.

I am sure I have just confused alot of people.  But, thats ok!

I dont have time right now to make this experiment.  So, it wont be attempted any time soon.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Olasz

I think the textures could extend Tarkus' Single Lane Avenues nicely  :thumbsup:

Gaston

This stuff is fascinating.    It really brings up some very interesting ideas.    The new ideas just keep coming.   Keep it up.     :thumbsup:

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

rickmastfan67

Interesting ideas there Jason.  I'm looking forward to when you can play with that stuff. :)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Tarkus

henryking, I had actually just been thinking of undertaking something similar--I'm rather familiar with this sort of setup, since the nearest light rail system to me (Portland, OR) has a similar setup downtown.  Thanks for producing those textures--they look great and will accelerate things. 

I'll see if I can work up a puzzle drag prototype here, though I do have a fair amount of stuff to get caught up with the RHW and TLAs. ;)

Quote from: Olasz on September 14, 2007, 09:59:51 AM
I think the textures could extend Tarkus' Single Lane Avenues nicely  :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more Olasz.  They'd fit perfectly. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

thundercrack83

Great job here, henryking! This looks like a fine idea, and I'm glad to see that it can be done. I can't wait to see more development!

figui

really interesting ideas. i'll stay tunned
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

sc4luv2

If you want some more textures:

ROADGLR-2:

RGLR-2 at OWR-2

RGLR-2 at Road

OWGLR-1

OWGLR-1 at Street-2

Also, here is a list of POSSIBLE NEEDED INTERSECTIONS AND TEXTURES:

= Done X = not done

RGLR-2 at Road
RGLR-2
OWGLR-1
OWGLR-1 at Street-2 (T)
RGLR-2 at ROAD (T) X
All diagnoal pieces X
RGLR-2 or OWGLR-1 at TLA 5, 7, and 3 X
RGLR-2 or OWGLR-1 at RHW 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 X
RGLR-2 or OWGLR-1 at AVE-2, 6 X
RGLR-2 or OWGLR-1 at OWR-5 X
RGLR-2 or OWGLR-1 at GHW/EHW X
RGLR-2 or OWGLR-1 at EHW-DDH X
RGLR-2 or OWGLR-1 at SAM-asphalt X
RGLR-2 or OWGLR-1 at SAM-stone   X

These are not all that are needed, these are just the ones that I thought of,

Thanks,
sc4luv2

[

henryking

Hey seems like I've hit a point here.....people actually seem to like my Idea....well I'll have time tomeorow so as I said I will finish the first set of textures tomorrow...what I would like to know anyway is whether you guys would prefere it with or without roadmarkings....

henryking

Ok...here a look at one of the first eleven textures I've finished, and sent to jplumbley, so far....just to show you guys that I was serious with this projekt and am working on it

(BTW....how can I post pictures not only as a additon but in the post?)