• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Eloaria (23 April 2016- City near the river)

Started by Kergelen, October 07, 2011, 02:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

I have come back time and time again to this last update of yours and I can't really think of anything to say, it's just that amazing.  I have heard of small town being flooded for various reasons and I am positive you doing this idea in game is very unique and never done before.  What an incredilbe idea you have had. 
I love it!!

Robin  &apls &apls &apls
Call me Robin, please.

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

It's one of my favorites updates, I love it my friend  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Badsim

I'm glad that you finally posted this update here , my favorite so far , having seen such flooded villages by a dam as it has been quite usual through Europe :

Graun , Italia ;

Mediano , Spain ( Aragôn ) ;

In France we had several sites like that too but , as far as I know , nothing is visible anymore , except some ruins when the dam lakes are particularly low .

Great idea so !  :thumbsup: Furthermore , your "painting" skill with MMPs "brushes" is amazing and  the landscaping around is perfect ; I hope that you will explore more that subject matter as you're visibly among the most talented for . ;)

&apls &apls &apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Kergelen

carlfatal, Framly, bat, rambuckel, noachlem, 976, Battlecat, nbvc, art128, kelis: Many thanks  :thumbsup: :)

Yan077;D Yes, the strange/singular places is what makes you be proud of where you live.

Quote from: harryloko20 on January 20, 2012, 06:05:04 AM
I found them , Thank you .... but just for curious, how much is folder plugins is? 4GB+? Hahaha ,And, what is the plugin u used in  pic 9.3 , the road dirth , i dont found here in lex :s , and how u create ur regions...You draw a design on paper before moving on to a program that makes the region? But I entered this forum because of your diary, it's really amazing ... looking forward to new images ... I have some "prop" the Lex dowloaded from here, some you have ... and so I've also got some ST ... you have inspired me to use props ... and I never really wore an air of incredible realism ... and how to create all sorts of things, as you do.!

harryloko: Hi! wow, many questions... :D I try to answer your questions...My plugins are not very big 1,5 GB, but I have some other files out from the pluguins floder (2 GB)
What dirt paths do you mean? Maybe this or maybe the brown one. For the brown one I made using Heblem Sand and resizing with the Model Tweaker. You can use this too.
About the region, is a mixed map between some downladed maps, and some own terraformer. You can use the SC4Terraformer :thumbsup:
Hope this help and do not hesitate to ask me :)

rooker: I am glad you like it because the idea of recreate the flooded church came to my mind the day I saw in Mind Scape your update of the underwater pipelines . A small piece of MindScape is in my MD. ;D One idea leads to another idea :)

Badsim: Many thanks for your nice and motivating comment. I really love the world of MMP and natural, rural and landscaping. For now, I work on two fronts: on one hand the construction of the capital of the region and building on slopes ( mostly the old-town) and the other drops the exploration of MMP and rural/natural scenes. I will alternate both. :)
The picture from Italy is beautiful and I didn't know about Mediano, although it is relatively close to my home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this update I take the first steps of what will be the capital of the Eloaria, called Merkine. For now I'm focused on the old-town which is situated on a hill. This part of the city is inspired or have any idea of Girona and Tossa de Mar (Catalonia) especially with regard to the stairs and the situation on a hill. There are many old towns situated on slopes, especially in European cities, and I want to explore about build on slopes with narrow pedestrian streets.
Of course, any idea about narrow streets and some better stairs are welcome.
Today, a small update :)

Hope you like it!  :)

Links to SC4 websites

noahclem

Very nice!  &apls  I love those re-lotted walls and the tram, stairs, and buildings look great  :thumbsup:

RickD

Great work an the slopes. I can clearly picture how this would look like in reality.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

carlfatal

Wow, this is wonderful. I like the on slope lots, they look very realistic!  &apls
Also nice backyards, - i always forget the clothelines.  $%Grinno$%
Can´t wait for more!  :thumbsup:
Greetz, Carl

knapp

Very interesting. Yes, I like it. These slopes would be a good trainig for cyclists  :D But they should avoid the stairs. You even made it, to put a tram in this scenery. This is great.
aka "Der Gammler" on simforum.de and STEX

rooker1

Wow, I love the use of walls and stairs in your city.
&apls
Very, very interesting to say the least.

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

kelis

Beautiful city, Everything looks good and very mediterranean, as I said in CSC, Great job with the slopes and stairs.

Greetings my friend  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Dantes

The slopes are impressive.  :thumbsup: Build houses on very difficult terrain.  :o  &apls mpressive. Different. It's great.  &apls  &apls  &apls

rambuckel

Wow, great works on the hilly area! I like the overall composition with the Tram in the center!

Great!  &apls
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

clemenclm2001

What can I say about theses pics?
I like a lot the use you have given for the Namspropof props. They are so good in your streets.
I love the stairs in the streets.

threestooges

I don't know that I've posted here before, and I'm not sure how I've missed it. Very nice work. I loved the plop water-game water transition in 3.3 (from the first page) and I'm curious how you attained that look. As for this current update, one thing that I notice about your pictures is the depth they contain.: the walls, elevation changes, and careful attention to slopes, it all blends together to provide plenty of detail for the eyes.
-Matt

nbvc

metarvo

Good job, Kergelen!  This will be one of the first places I look for inspiration when I plan to construct a Mediterranean district.  The split-level feel of the area is quite intriguing.  It's a nice bonus to see the GLR-in-Street used as well.  I don't see it too often.
:)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

io_bg

Fantastic! I love these small streets and stairs! Nice tram-in-steet usage, too!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Schulmanator

Very nice. I like the retaining walls... not sure if I have seen those before. I like hilly towns, so keep the awesomeness up.  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Ol.S / Benoit

Great work ! I know how hard this is to work on that kine of city, and you did well, very inspiring :)  :thumbsup:
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture