• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Eloaria (23 April 2016- City near the river)

Started by Kergelen, October 07, 2011, 02:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

When you posted your issues with SC4 were fixed, I hoped for a new update soon!

The marina is nicely done indeed, though I'm not fond of the entrance road on the left going off the 'bare' slope. Feel like there should be guard rails or something. You could whip up a custom lot for it and add 'water compatibility' property, which allows you to plop it on half land/half water tiles like these.

Anyway, just nitpicking really because it's great work all around. I love those little houses going up the hill in the first pic!  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Framly

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

feyss

Great pictures  :thumbsup: Great mediterranean feel as always.

c.p.

The entire harbor area, including the beaches, looks great :thumbsup:

Vizoria

Your work with the beach front (especially the curved wall) and the avenues is really amazing!

belfastsocrates

Absolutely stunning! That overview image of the town and marina (32.1) is gorgeous, I love the colours and of course the work involved!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

kbieniu7

Well, I won't be original if I say it's great and cute and so on. But it is such, indeed. Lovely mediterran climate, my favourite part are the streets climbing on the hill. Both this narrow with small tenements around and the windy road in the forest ;) Everything fits excellent, well-made urban fabric :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Unconstantean

Nanami

It does really nice! I love how you create the scene of coastal Mediterranean or Southwestern European style with those coastal marinas, cruise terminal, sandy beach and not forget w2w stuffs...

Oh also that modern CBD area looks nice as well!

shame how members here lost their older photos from imageshack and majhost. hope everyone can recover their pictures :)

GameFrog

Wow Kergelen, I really love your style! You are able to create that mediterranean feeling that I'm trying to reach with my cities since I started playing.

&apls &apls &apls &apls

Salut!

Fasan

Wonderful pictures.  &apls

I wish him a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  :thumbsup:

Kergelen

Hi! :)

Once again it has passed some month since last update. Today I show you some picture of the nord tile of the main city Merkine. It's located in a river delta and is one of the tiles I'm working on.

Bonus region development pictures

33.13 The city tile showed on the previous pictures, developed some weaks ago. I'll update the overview in the next update

A region shoot of the main city Merkine and tile developed arround. I know the picture quality is not the best.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noah, Girafe, Art, Themistockles, Kelis, Gugu3, Framly, feyss, c.p., Vizoria, Belfastsocrates, Kbieniu7, Unconstantean, Nanami, Fasan: Thanks a lot for your comments. Much aprecciated :) :thumbsup:

Quote from: manga rivotra on November 16, 2015, 06:29:11 AM
The Marina of Merkine is actually very accomplished!  &apls &apls &apls
The beach is beautiful indeed, and the development of the marina and the city is excellent.
I love the last 2 pictures which you very well manage the empty spaces, and carefully chosen buildings.

Glad you notice the combination of public spaces and selection of buildings
Quote from: romualdillo on November 16, 2015, 08:01:35 AM
The marina and the cruise harbour look very good!! I like the artificial? beach and its surroundings.  &apls
I think the city totally looks like a little Barcelona. The palm lined avenues with modern architecture, and the promenade near the harbour remind me of Avinguda Diagonal and Passeig de Colom. Even the harbour shape is similar...

Thanks!! Yeah, some of my inspiration comes of course from Barcelona (Gran Via, etc) althought I don't want to seems like Barcelona, and I'm also inspired by Tarragona, Tossa, Sitges and other cities in previous updates :)

Quote from: GameFrog on December 26, 2015, 12:18:05 PM
Wow Kergelen, I really love your style! You are able to create that mediterranean feeling that I'm trying to reach with my cities since I started playing.

&apls &apls &apls &apls

Salut!

Thanks  :) I encourage you to develop Med cities, and if you need Lots don't hesitate to ask me :thumbsup:

Gràcies :) Doncs t'animo a que ho provis i si necessites algun lot d'espai públic el puc compratir.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: vortext on November 17, 2015, 11:57:59 AM
When you posted your issues with SC4 were fixed, I hoped for a new update soon!

The marina is nicely done indeed, though I'm not fond of the entrance road on the left going off the 'bare' slope. Feel like there should be guard rails or something. You could whip up a custom lot for it and add 'water compatibility' property, which allows you to plop it on half land/half water tiles like these.

Anyway, just nitpicking really because it's great work all around. I love those little houses going up the hill in the first pic!  &apls

You're right avout the guardrail and it's so easy to Lot it. Thanks vortext :)

Links to SC4 websites

Vizoria

Lovin' your style- mainly European with a hint of a tropical theme thrown in. Every picture was a pleasure to look at. The waterfronts are superbly done!

Very good update &apls I especially like the many small parks, the old town and the second-to-last picture with the overview, it really looks realistic, like something you would see on Google Earth. And please don't worry about only playing occasionally, after all, RL is more important.

Themistokles

A pleasure to see such great mediterranean cityscape! I love the attention you give to the inner courtyards behind the buildings, they really bring the city to life.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

compdude787

That's a nice city, and a nice region!! Great work!!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Gugu3

romualdillo

Fantastic work!! The inner courtyards look great!  &apls

manga rivotra

I love this update !  ;D
Everything is extremely successful, and I particularly like the contrast between the density the W2W building and the backyard gardens between them that allow linking cleverly.
The numerous park and squares of all sizes and shapes and many diagonal roads, further enhance the realism of the whole city.
It's excellent !  &apls &apls &apls

vortext

Fantastic update! As has been said the courtyards are great, especially considering the largely diagonal w2w surroundings! Really really cool!!  &apls

Also a pleasure to see regional developments, Merkine is shaping up quite nice!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana