• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_a_guy

I once took my laptop camping and........... well I'll never do it again. I just didn't feel like if I went camping that time.
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

ldvger

This is just too funny for words.  I was just getting ready to post that last time I went camping I took my laptop with me, also.  No internet, but I wanted to be able to rig my camera to the computer and save photos.  At the time I had a very small memory card in the camera and could only take about 6-7 pics before I had to clear the card.  As it turned out, the sun was shining so brightly I could barely see the screen and I was extremely hung over after staying up drinking and chatting with my son the night before.  Trying to use the computer just made me feel even more nauseous than I already was, so I put it away. 

So, as I was phrasing this in my mind before hitting the "Reply" button, two young men walked by on the sidewalk outside my apartment (it's a basement apartment and my window sills are at sidewalk level and windows are open because it's a nice day) and I hear one of them say to his buddy "I checked on the internet and some of the campgrounds have wifi".  How's THAT for a co-incidence????  I guess those two are planning on taking thier laptops camping with them, too.  Well, if climbers can post via satellite uplink from the top of Mt. Everest, I guess emailing while camping shouldn't surprise any of us...

Lora/LD

dedgren

Oh, I dunno... why would I take my laptop camping?

Heh!  It's drizzly and 50 (F)/10 (C) here today.  I guess I could be reading "From Russia With Love" [linkie] on the PRS-505.  We plan to head home tomorrow after a side trip to Exit Glacier [linkie].

Later.  I do have some things to say about concrete versus asphalt, but I'm planning to supplement that with some pics I haven't, er... created yet.

David

393121 - 30,000 page views for August this afternoon!  Wow, folks...
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

metarvo

Camping or no camping, 3RR doesn't slow down.  From the looks of things, I guess these are the RealRoads.  Is the one in the lower left corner the narrow RealRoad variant?
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Ryan B.

The one on the lower left almost looks like a street replacement.

deathtopumpkins

It probably is.  :D

Very, very nice David! Can't wait to play with these.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

sithlrd98

I want them all! Mwaahahha Seriously, they all look great!Need to learn the secret  ;D

Jayson

girlfromverona

Amazing work, David! Hope you had an awesome camping trip.  :thumbsup:

joelyboy911

First: WOW!

Second: Not to be picky but, I wonder if some modifications of this could lead to something like this.

You might think: "A lovechild of Europe and America". But, this is how I see roads (road things here are a big mix of British and US stylings, actually). In New Zealand, we have white dashed lines to represent areas where overtaking is permitted (In towns most roads have this, hence my usage of the ERTM), and yellow lines where it is forbidden. I just took your image (obviously) and made some of the lines white for conceptual purposes. I really like the one with no lines on, by the way.

Over in the RHW thread, I showed these textures that I made of how some cosmetical puzzle pieces (like your rural roads plug-in) might look if they were made for my New Zealand styled tastes (Actually these are proper textures which could be used, except the dashed white line might like to be in the middle instead of the edges).

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

frdrcklim

Not having much time seeing the 3RR. Guess I missed a lot again. But unno how it is, the longer u go away, the sweeter it is when u go back. Look at all these new roads. We'll definitely have a road network that is so vibrant with many kinds of roads compared to before ;D.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

sithlrd98

Hey...wheres David? Been a little quiet...you know what it usually means when we don't hear from him....bring on them goodies!

Jayson

j-dub

@sithlrd98: I think he was considering swapping some SAM sets (ones already occupied ()what() ) with some proposed networks for this real roads project. So far, I think this only is a proposal. As we know, that network is slower then the road by default. If that really is the case with replacing certain SAM sets, lets say, eliminating the Trolca dirt network for the a real road as an example, that may be up for debate of who uses what the most. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the cobblestone one get replaced, but we'll see what he says when he gets back. Just speculation.

dragonshardz

Mmm...personslly I like the cobblestone. I think it would work better if this was an optional wholesale texture overrride for the roads. Puzzle pieces like the Rural Roads would work too.

As for the SAM, as I understand it, David wants to replace one SAM set with his RealStreets.

dedgren

Just painstakingly slow progress, folks...

Sorry about the sparse posting.  I've been integrating the new multiple S3D technology Alex (Tarkus) and others on the NAM Team have developed so that I can use uniformly wider textures on diagonal RealRoads.

It works great!  I'll be tweaking colors and alignment, so let me slide on that for now.

All I can say at this point is that, for many reasons, the next NAM release will be a stunner.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

this the only thing I can say now David... I'm speechless...  &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

JoeST

That is what I call unbelievably good... I guess we should
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

beutelschlurf

moin David,

:shocked2: ... stunning, remember what SimCity used to look like, i bet some of the original creators get problems to recognice there own game!  ;D

b_schlurf

metarvo

Oh, yes!  No more diagonals that are narrow when compared to orthogonals.  Good work, David.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Fabian93

Wow this is unbelievable!  &apls
And I don't just mean this update but everything. With all those advancements, you and all the others that work on the game, already made SC4 to SC5 if not 6  ;)

I think there's no need for pre-ordering Cities XL anymore  :D

Fabian