• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

The current state of the repaving work.

As with the rail retexture initiative, there's a number of "stupid" game road textures I won't touch with a ten foot pole.  These will likely be done tomorrow, at least with regard to the purely road ones.  Wait 'til you see them in the game.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

art128

David, incredible work on these textures here and on the last pages. You're a M-A-S-T-E-R man  !  &apls
-Arthur.

(can't wait to play with the new textures. )
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

MandelSoft

You've improved the game's rail textures, and now you're doing the same with the road textures. Wow!

These textures are looking good :thumbsup: ! If there's going to be an Euro version of it (I believe you or the SFBT team can arrange that), I'll download it for sure!

Keep on going, David!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

io_bg

Wow great job!  &apls But will there be a euro version?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

darraghf

Yeah, It would be great if this could be done with the euro road texture mod, which a lot of people use.
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

carkid1998

I agree! But I would because I do use the euro road texture mod!

(prepares begging position)
Sendona... Coming soon!

pagenotfound

" :o" is all i got to say. This is sweeeeeeet.
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

dedgren

The rest of the game road textures.

I doubt some of these have ever been seen in a SC4 quad.  Some were done so poorly it was really hard to figure out what was what.

As for Euro textures- yes, I will certainly create them.  I'm focusing on getting the basic work done though, and I know I have a ways to go before repaving will be complete (RR level crossings, intersections with other networks, etc.).  But we'll get there.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Battlecat

Can't wait to see how these look when we start putting them together!   &apls

beutelschlurf

moin dedgren,
looking great! as Battlecat pointed out, we can't wait till you show us the first pics of using those! &apls
... what i ask you though, is how on earth you don't get mixed up?  ???

thanx to 3RR!
b_schlurf

Pat

David where did you find those textures at?? I never seen those before...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Blue Lightning

Hmm I think its about time I posted here (oooooo I have surfaced from your lurker dreams....oooooo)

But wow David I'd love to see all these when they are done. I can say a lot of maxis textures (and maybe some of the origional NAM textures too) need a well deserved facelift.

I think I'll come here more,
Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Gaston

David,
   Some of these seem like they cannot be accomplished in the game itself.   Like for instance, any involving an intersection in a corner.    I know I have never been able to accomplish that particular feat of ledger domain.    Am I wrong?    Or are these all new pieces making it possible?

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

adroman

Hey guys,

Been lurking here for a long time, just dropping a post to say that this is seriously great work...

Oh, also, the 'T-Intersection' ploppable sign... Did it ever get released? If so, could you so kind as to post a link...

Thanks for your patience,
Adrian
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

allan_kuan1992

imageshack is malfunctioning and giving me weird images of text >.<

- Allan Kuan

nerdly_dood

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on July 10, 2009, 07:03:28 PM
imageshack is malfunctioning and giving me weird images of text >.<

- Allan Kuan

Me too, it's not just on SC4D either... I had thought that some images I saw at SSC were pirated or somehow damaging, but perhaps imageshack has been hacked or something? Whoever did it, they sure do sound serious... ()borg() just read the image... :o
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

Quote from: nerdly_dood on July 10, 2009, 07:19:35 PM
perhaps imageshack has been hacked or something?

It's definitely been hacked, and from the looks of things, it's only hit certain ImageShack servers, as the RHW thread's banner logo (which is hosted on ImageShack) is still there.

Rather annoying, I must say.

-Alex

joelyboy911

Should've picked photobucket  :P
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

metarvo

It seems like some of the pictures in my BAT thread have been hacked, too.  Some of them display the same thing as the image above.  >:(
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Pat

OK so I am not the only one seeing that image gaaaaaaah..... Anywho I would doubt if Photobucket would be next?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie