• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simsamerica

just cause I havent given you a big woo here we go... WOO![/shadow][/glow][/s][/u][/i][/b]
Rednecks aren't country Music Stars, they're Rocket Scientists.

Pat

Joan that is intresting fact indeed hmmm 60 post in 16 hours that is what how many per hour? If my math is correct its roughly 3.75 post an hour lol wow!! Plus its due to break to page 4 in a few more post!!!  I think the average page here at Devotions has at about 12 - 15 post per page roughly depending....

EDIT: I got to learn to stop being so long winded lol... OK I think before midnight tonight CST there will be another page???

Shamless Plug alert!!!

Next Episode by the listener for the listener!!! OK so that is the next episode for the Podcast and I need everyones help here to come up with a min 4 questions that we as the community would want to ask David!!!!

END Shamless Plug.......

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

CCFC

I love the 3RR so much and I made those images to help support the 3RR in more ways, which you can access by my signature. I made it to show my support so if I post else where it spreads the word and more people might use the images to spread the word. I did this to show my support too, and show that the 3RR that we all call home is a good place to be. (Don't we call this home, anyway?)

:3 Proud to be a 3RR Regular and SimCity 4 Fanatic :3

dedgren

Not only am I not a math whiz, but I am now the official cause of the holdup of the surprise that we'd mentioned earlier.

But, as Magenta [linkie] says,

...not for very much longer!

I am now in double-overtime, having finally solved a problem that stopped me for much of the day.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

BigSlark

Quote from: dedgren on March 01, 2009, 08:19:35 PM
Not only am I not a math whiz, but I am now the official cause of the holdup of the surprise that we'd mentioned earlier.

But, as Magenta [linkie] says,

...not for very much longer!

I am now in double-overtime, having finally solved a problem that stopped me for much of the day.

Later.

David

I...hegha..geez...wow..damn. I don't know what else to say. All my rural SC4 dreams are reality!

Cheers,
Kevin

bakerton

First of all, I would like to say congrats to 3RR for a quater-million page views and secondly, WOWZERs David; good thing you are not using the I word that Tarkus (Alex) likes to use so much. 1 Foot of snow in Alaska, We got about 1inch of snow today after 2 Feet of snow melted last week here in Southeast Wisconsin. Pat, if you are reading this, I feel sorry for you up in Rhinelander area with I say to be a ton of snow. Good thing Spring is in 3 Weeks. Let see what half-million views brings us, David and 3RR. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

threestooges

You're holding nothing up David. The STR will be released exactly when it is ready, and not a moment before. I think these SAM options are things that are almost a necessity for the pack. Looking forward to the big moment, and I'm glad to know (in typicall 3RR style) the details are being taken into account.
-Matt

FrankU

A hello to you all,

I feel very happy that I won this contest. And a big thank you to all that congratulated me with this.  ()stsfd()

I must confess something though.....
I didn't do very much maths. I wanted to, but got confused with timezones and posting frequencies. So I threw the paper away and sat down in my Meditation Room. I locked doors, closed windows, shut the shutters, filled cracks, and let the silence come into my soul. Then I sacrified some incense and let the smell take me away from this Earthly Place... I openend my mind to any Meatphysical Being that would be so kind to send me information of clairvoyant nature.

And indeed, I got some respond!

As you all have seen the time that was sent to me was very exact, but not correct. There was a gap of more than an hour.... So far for reliability of Metaphysical Beings of whatever kind...

So far for the numbers of estimation.

In the meantime we reached 251026 views. Another 1000 more!
Who would ever think of a forum with such enormous amount of views? And there is not one naked girl in sight!

But as we all know; guessing a number (or for that matter: getting it channeled from the Unphysical World) is one thing. Starting and keeping up a thread that stays interesting every day, that shows development in so many ways and on so many aspects of the game, talking to every visitor and replyer in such an eloquent, friendly and warm way is something completely different.

So it all comes down to this: who ever wins small praising; the large praise goes to David!  &apls &apls &apls

David, I congratulate you with the never decreasing quality of your feat that we all learned to cherish as 3RR.

Thank you all very much and let's visit and support David in this fabulous happening on the internet.

Scarton

Congratulations, FrankU, for winning the contest. &apls Can't wait to see this surprise.

mayorfabz

Hi FrankU,
Gefeliciteerd met je gewin ! I had bet on threestooges, I wasn't too far off actually.
But most of all, sincere congratulations to David and the whole 3RR gang, you guys have me more than often violate company policy when I feel the urge to check your latest inventions while I am at work. It is really worth it, though. Hope I won't get fired...
I forecast the million views sometime around the beginning of 2012. Let's say January the 2nd, 7:00 am Montreal time. History will remember I was the first one to predict that event !
I hope I will have the right to change my prediction along the way though...
You all have a nice monday,
Fabien

Albus of Garaway

Franku, I think that's the best non-David comment ever posted on 3RR...that I've ever seen anyway. Well thought out, and I wholeheartedly agree with the last bit about David and his incredible work. I think he's one of maybe 5 people in SC4 community that can hold out a project like this for so long and have it so popular.

metarvo

Now, why didn't I think of that?  I just did a guess based on what I thought was the current trend at the time, but it turns out that your strategy worked better, FrankU.  In any case, congratulations!

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

GNUCyberKat

Congratulations FrankU for picking the winning time slot.  ;)

And David, those STR pics are awesome.  Being an avid model railroader and always looking to bring more lifelike rail realism to my cities, I must say that the STR is long overdue but I am glad that you have a hand in their creation.  THANK YOU!!!!

Scott

LE0

&apls congratulations 250000 and franku! :thumbsup:
Leoland coming Spring 2009

MandelSoft

Can we open the champaign bottle to celebrate the 250 000 views?

Congratulations to the 3RR Team, and especially David, for all those suprising moments of the 3RR!

Quote from: mayorfabz on March 02, 2009, 04:16:30 AM
Gefeliciteerd met je gewin !
Should be: Gefeliciteerd met je winst! (but I'm Dutch, so I should know that. Still a good first try). Anyway, congrats FrankU. You guessed it right!

Up to the next 250 000 views!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Pat

David waaaaaaaaaaa wow that is well um amazing work there and I agree with what Matt said,

QuoteI'm glad to know (in typicall 3RR style) the details are being taken into account.

I soo echo that!!!

BTW Bakerton lol and your right its about a ton of snow here lol.... Our lakes still have the Ice Roads open on them and shacks are still out in full force too!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jonathan

Quotebut I am now the official cause of the holdup of the surprise that we'd mentioned earlier.
Maybe, but it is for a very short time, yesterday was such a full, chaotic day anyway, and without you the surprise would be a long long long way off, or more likely not even exist.  :thumbsup:

Jonathan

io_bg

Congratulations on the 250 000 views! &apls And great work on the diagonal crossings! (sorry for not posting here, I've been away)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

dedgren

So we had some RL stuff to deal with today, but I'm back at this, and am working on finishing up a readme.

I'm really glad to be done mucking around in the bowels of the NAM RUL 10000002 files.

It's like installing a new circuit breaker for that nice 220 volt sump pump you just installed...

...standing in six inches/15 cm of water because your basement's flooded in the meantime.  One slip, and you've pretty much always got a big problem.

I'm a visual learner- I find it almost impossible to pick out sequences in computer code.  I pretty much have to see the output to figure out what I'm doing.  SC4 has no texture ID, placement and rotation debugging tool that I know of.  So, for months I just did this stuff trial and error.  Lots of both, not much success.

For these SAM-STR level crossings, though, I got smart.  I created a texture set that, with a code segment I can insert wherever I want to check something out, I can now see what I'm winding up with.

OK, enough of the boring details.  Here's the last little inclusion in the, the... the Thing That Is Imminent.

I'm thinking another update or two down the road that it will be nice to be able to position the corresponding SAM Set smooth curve over the default curve and plop it.

Bare-bones for now, but capability that you never even probably imagined before.

The things that we're creating now aren't just breaking new ground- they're adding depth and dimension for those who really want to do something painterly.

Heh, remember when it was just streets and roads, and dual tracks?

Not any more.

Later.

David

251533 - half a million, here we come!

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

bakerton

Wow David, this is incredible that Ihave stopped building a plastic car model of a Chevy Caprice police car. Oh David, please pay tarkus (Alex) royalties for saying the "I" word. Great job sofar David. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.