• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I found a way to break the STR, after a great deal of effort.

It seems like diagonal elevated networks cannot cross diagonal STR, without causing a visual glitch.  The tiles involved in the crossing appear blank, making for an even stranger visual effect than an abrupt transition to DTR.  Even so, STR is a wonderful new addition to the game, as I'm sure it has been said many times before.  Keep up the good work, David!

&apls

EDITAhh- metarvo, my friend.  Welcome to the Double-0 Club! -DE
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

sithlrd98

I have to slightly disagree....

although I'm having problems with GLR and HSRP.

Jayson

Sorry , I only had the STR diag..... but still have a problem with GLR and HSR...

superhands

Quotediagonal elevated networks cannot cross diagonal STR-metarvo
atm, the models for these crossings arnt included in the beta but will be done :thumbsup:

sithlrd98, i believe the glr x str ruls became quite complex..

dave

sithlrd98

Quote from: bighead99 on February 09, 2009, 07:33:04 PM
sithlrd98, i believe the glr x str ruls became quite complex..

No problem , I don't even use the GLR , just noticing :)

Jayson

Jonathan

Yes GLR was very complex, so we decided to skip it out, also HSRP hasn't been RULed for STR.
And the wye switch isn't been RULed either, though it looks quite useful to have so if theres time I might squeeze it in if the textures have been made for it.
I know about the Elevated networks over Diag STR, it's next on my todo list for this evening.

Please carrying on posting the bugs you find(also check the paths please), it's great help.

Jonathan

dedgren

Well, here's a down payment on the bug-fixing.

I have never been a big fan of "wye" switches, mainly because I have this dim memory of my favorite HO gauge engine always derailing whenever it crossed the one I had on my layout.  But, never one to fight the will of the people, here it is.  You folks just don't know how helpful it is to have many eyes looking hard at something we on the RAM Team have little perspective on at this point.  Keep those pics coming!

Off to bed.  I have court all day tomorrow, but should be in for a longer post, with some interesting new stuff, tomorrow evening,

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

superhands

FrankU

Quote from: sithlrd98 on February 09, 2009, 06:19:34 PM
Second , Over at Johns site , the question came up about adding a base texture to the STR and FARR. I'm puzzled as to why a base is needed for the draggable STR?

Jayson,

It was me who asked that question (apparently Pegasus is called John, but I call him Peg).
I asked this question to Peg/John, because he made the beautiful alternate rail dirt mod and I'd like to use an extended version of that mod in my game.
In fact at the moment I do use the PEG/Swamper77 mod that removes all rail dirt. It looks better than a railroad that is partly on dirt and partly on grass. I just hope someone will make a mod one day that gives me a nice dirt texture under all rail: is it FARR, STR or normal rail.

Ah, and David,

Thanks for your answer. I almost guessed what you told me, but I am happy that you explained it.
And I now also know that a dat-file that has another extension is not read by the game. I was not sure about that, because I have some lots and props in my folder without extension (yes indeed!) that still seem to be read by the game. Although I am not conmpletely sure of that (always forget to check in a test city).

alfadriver12345

Hello all! First i'd like to say that the STR & Dual rail textures are fantastic-Very well done all involved. I have a problem with the STR. I have installed them both as in the Read me files(Using the STR controller in my NAM folder).My problem is that when my train automata travel from dual rail via an STR puzzle piece they disappear!  ()what() I guess this is some sort of pathing problem(I use left hand version of game). Any help would be very appreciated.

Jonathan

alfadriver, I'm not sure but I think the LHD paths weren't included in the upload, I think they haven't been completed yet.

Frank,
The .bak files do load in the game, just it loads before the dat files as it is in front alphabetically.
So the dat files load over the bak files.

Jonathan

alfadriver12345

Thanks Warrior! :thumbsup: Its still a good mod,though i guess i'll have to wait a little longer for the full release. Thanks again!

dedgren

This post has no real purpose other than to try to convince you not to use those newly retextured dual track default curves and switches, or any of the default STR stuff.

Just a road and a rail line, but no default curves or switches.  Notice the difference?

We'll probably take this "doodle" quad a bit further in subsequent posts.

There'll be an updated STR beta posted here over the next little bit.  It addresses a number of the issues that you have identified over the past day or so.  Thanks for all your help!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

CaptCity

Quote from: dedgren on February 10, 2009, 09:10:27 PM
This post has no real purpose other than to try to convince you not to use those newly retextured dual track default curves and switches, or any of the default STR stuff.

Was there supposed to be a  ;) at the end of that?  ;)

QuoteWe'll probably take this "doodle" quad a bit further in subsequent posts.

Sure wish I could 'doodle' like you... Can't wait to see where it goes...

And not sure I understand this...

EDITI do, and it's completely explainable in a single word.  Oooops! -DE

girlfromverona

That's doodling??!!  $%Grinno$%

Look forward to more pics of this quad!

bwatterud

Quote from: dedgren on February 10, 2009, 09:10:27 PMThis post has no real purpose other than to try to convince you not to use those newly retextured dual track default curves and switches, or any of the default STR stuff.
Reverse psychology much?   ;)

Ryan B.

David, if that's just doodling . . . . . .

Where's the Mona Lisa?

I get this strange feeling it's being cooked up somewhere in the back of your head.   :D

Pat

Ryan I bet you a buck if David could make the Mona Lisa out of the STR and other pieces he has made he would so do it!!!!

David I bet you would too!!! Looking darn great here sir!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jonathan

David, those "doodle" pictures are amazing, I wish I had the same talent as you,

CaptCity, that has been fixed and is in the next release David talked about.

Jonathan

FrankU

Quote from: Warrior on February 10, 2009, 08:46:25 AM
Frank,
The .bak files do load in the game, just it loads before the dat files as it is in front alphabetically.
So the dat files load over the bak files.

Jonathan,
Thanks. All is clear now.

And David: you convinced me. I will not use them!  $%Grinno$%

dedgren

"Dusk"

Insanity is hereditary...

...you get it from your children.

That's Liz and Jon Edgren, folks.  Be afraid.  Be very, very afraid.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...