• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

Can I get a Big Mac? No mayo please  :D

Nicely done Matt  &apls

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

fantozzi

Looking at your major's diary and seeing Alex Tower growing in your Test City, something crossed my mind.

It could be nice, having a complementary building in the same style as Kyneton Suqare making company to create some nice office parks.

Just one of those "fantozzi ideas" ... :popcorn:

(please! don't look that close. The proportions of my HQ bat aren't right, I know)

Tyberius06

Hi Matt!

Thanks for the recent upload. Really nice modern McDonalds.
I'd join to Fantozzi's idea with a little addition: skybridge between the two buildings? In London (or even Budapest) I've seen a bunch of building complexes where actual multilane roads going through on the complex or under skybridges between building parts.
By the way I love the kyneton Square building, it's in my dev. package for the urban rail stations (based on your multi-station pack).

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

mattb325

Thanks everyone! I quite like that idea...I'll see what I can whip up  &opr

In the meantime, the diagonal DTR rail, STR Rail, GLR, bus and subway station is released....(what a mouthful)  :blahblah:

click click click

Here

https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3814

mattb325

Another little trinket I whipped up....everywhere now-days you see these awful townhouses springing up in monochrome colours (the black supposedly representing burnt larch by the Shou-sugi-ban technique) and really simplistic shapes. I've made a 2x2 & 4x4 out of it.

bladeberkman

"Awful"?! I love it! That'll be an instant download for me. I mean, that's not saying much; all of your content is an instant download for me. But still, great work. :P Feels like I'm looking at my Pinterest feed. Thank you!  &apls &apls &apls

Ramona Brie

Big fan!

What I'm missing and think SC4 could use more of are the podium wood-frame apartment buildings that are springing up all over here.

FrankU

Really nice! They could come in handy for my Dutch post 1970 housing set which has not been released because of lack of models. So if you feel like.... When there are enough I will start making my fourth housing set.

Quote from: mattb325 on March 30, 2019, 06:59:38 PM

fantozzi

We need definitely more of those modern rowhouses - they reflect the changing of time so much! You know 60 years ago, 100 years ago, 200 years ago ... house builder and house owner was the same person. Today houses are build on large scale by investors by banks and real estate investment trust and they sell houses to the final owner. So like cars more and more cities are crowded with "mainstream houses" very similar as if coming from a "house factory". Often they come in different color schemes, one has blue window frames the next orange window frames, one balcony to the west, one balcony to the south  - so they even try to fake individual living. The link by Ramona Brie is the perfect example. Three times the same structure with small variations.

I often thought - one could bring this "serial architecture" in SC4 - one would do 3 or 4 "halfs" of similar size and slightly different layout, so one half with the balconies one with the windows or something else and then put them together in different ways, just mirrored, creating different bat from those modules in your modelling software. So to put up whole housing estate with a few modular elements.

Just on this picture from Heidelberg - imagine to use a big saw and cutting the buildings in different pieces. You'll see: they are just partially mirrored, partially inverted painted modules, – but it's the same "module" used several times and combining those modules in different ways - north-south, eastr-west etc. you'll get the different buildings. The whole area consists of a few modular boxes smashed together in different ways.

c.p.

Yes, this is just the kind of thing the game needs more of :thumbsup:

PaPa-J

I agree with everyone, we need more of these types of buildings in the game.  Nice work.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

mattb325

Thanks guys, glad you like these....far be it from me to with-hold them, then  :D

Available here:

https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3817

I agree, that the game is all about residential variety, even though custom content generally centers on commercial skyscrapers, so I've stashed some of the images away that you've provided for subsequent projects  :thumbsup:

gutterclub

Great work, big fan of these and having more in game. I've tried a few myself...definitely need more 3-10 Level buildings.

Simmer2

I used to live in one townhouse very similar to that one! :thumbsup:

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

mattb325

Thanks!

Now I know we (including me) all want more residentials, but the game absolutely craves Commercial Services, so here's a couple.

One I absolutely forgot about, even after last year's clean-out:

Here: https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3819

And another CS$$. It's fictional, but you see this building design everywhere in some form or another  &hurl :sleeping: I've modded it as a high rise mid-range hotel, and will release shortly.

metarvo

This is how to play the game after all.  Sometimes you have to build according to what that RCI meter tells you.  Thanks for bringing us this oldie-but-goodie at long last; I still believe this game has some hidden treasures we are yet to find.  I like the high-rise too, with the highly reflective glass.  Good job!  :thumbsup
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

belfastsocrates

Crosstown looks fantastic!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Simmer2

Love it! &apls

Simmer2

mattb325

Thanks!

Indeed the RCI meter is definitely forcing my hand...but if I must do CS$$, how about something a little more retro. That's real pebble-dash/pebblecrete on the first two floors  :troutslap:

Tyberius06

Hi!

Wow, another pretty nice building! It's actually pretty close to some w2w set-up (what I'm always crying for). However I'm not sure about those planters on the front underneath the arcade, it might look better without them, BUT I can get use to it, and I feel I'm gonna love this building!

Thanks for making it!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.