• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments

Started by Tyberius06, August 09, 2016, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Hello Everybody! :)

Well this is my lotting development thread. I repurpose this first thread, since it's lost its original function and due to my previous image hosts were ceased I lost the pictures from here and from most of my post.
In this first post (and the first section of it) I'm gonna collect all of my upload from LEX and STEX too and will update when I release some new stuffs. (Klicking onto the picture you can reach the primary release - by default that is the LEX -, and where there is alternative download option you can find that under the picture, but some of my releases only available on STEX.)

I. Section

1) Heretic Seaport Project v1.5

STEX link

2) Heretic Seaport Project Expansion vol. 1

STEX Link

3) Heretic Slope Side Walls

STEX Link

4) Heretic IRM Fillers Diagonal Walls Expansion

STEX Link

5) Heretic-Tariel Various Plaza Lots (Only available on STEX atm)

6) Heretic-Tariel EBLT Plaza Expansion (Mirror Pieces) (Only available on STEX atm)

7) Heretic Paeng's Urban Recreational Canal Expansion (Only available on STEX atm)

8) Heretic SG CAL Canal Expansions

STEX Link

9) Heretic Essentials v1.1 (built: 13.09.2018),

STEX Link

10) Heretic Shell Service Station

STEX Link

11) Heretic GLR Station and Terminus Pack volume 1 - You got a Name

STEX Link

12) Heretic GLR Station and Terminus Pack volume 2 - Custome Made

STEX Link

12) Heretic GLR Station and Terminus Pack volume 3 - The Big Fellas

STEX Link

13) Heretic-Caribou GLR Ramp Transitions Relot v2 - updated: 13.11.2018

STEX Link

14) Heretic URHTS Project 01 - Strickland Terminal

STEX Link

15) Heretic URHTS Project 02 - CounterPoint Shinjuku Station Complex

STEX Link

16) Heretic-Neko's Fountain Park Expansion (Extenders)

STEX Link

TBC...

II. Section - Restoration works (only available on STEX under the original creator's name)

Don Miguel's CSX Pier Mall

Jason5871's Cruise Ship Port Set

Paeng's PEG-PPOND Tahoe Three Pontoon Boats

Paeng's Urban Recreational Canal set

Paeng's Sandstone Parks (Beta)

NDEX ITS High Level NAM Terminus by Ill Tonkso

Paeng's Abandoned Parking Lot

Paeng's Prepos Automobile Shredder (expanded)

Paeng's Break Bulk Station

Paeng's Surf Shacks

NHP DMScopio - Shenzhen Library and Music Hall

NHP DMScopio - Simlympic Set vol 1

NHP DMScopio - University Sport Pack Vol1

NHP DMScopio - New Anfield Stadium V3

NHP DMScopio - Anfield (LFC) Stadium

NHP DMScopio - Boleyn Ground aka the Upton Park Stadium

NHP DMScopio - University Campus Pack Vol1

TBC...

III. Section - Sharing Custom Lots Projects (There will be a Google Drive link here with the contents of these projects. Originally these projects not for official release, mostly Take It Or Leave It stuffs, mostly related to my city building projects. All of them will contain a list of dependencies and pics, but they have limited support)

Heretic SeaPort Project Expnsion Vol. 2.0 BETA You can find more details  about this into the LINKED post.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Alan_Waters

The grandiose project!  &apls
I want it myself.  :thumbsup:

FrankU

This is a reat project! Nice that you share it already while it is in progress. I'll follow your work!

art128

Interesting work over here. The canal lock piece is definitely an interesting idea! You might want to give mgb204 a heads up, maybe he can craft a lock for CAL's canals.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Missvanleider

It's really wonderful the things that are being done here lately. I like the fact that the community seems to be working on specific solutions and joining together a lot of the variety already available into a coherent whole. I am inspired to try some texture unification myself but I would much rather SC4 with the fantastic stuff that everyone else has made. Well done. P.S. such a Canal Lock would be lovely.

Tyberius06

Hello again! :)

EDIT - 27.04.2019: Since the original image links are gone, I repurpose all the Heretic Seaport Project and its Expansion related WIP develomental posts, because they lost their purpose by now and I can not restore the original images. Therefore this first post will show all the different pieces what the Heretic SeaPort Project v1.5 contains and the later WIP posts will refer to this post back with a link.

Also the Heretic SeaPort Project v1.5 and the Expansion will get some technical update, which came to my attention in the past couple of years while I got involved more and more modding and LOT making. The earlier proposed second expansion with the modified (less light cones) base lots and new items however got cancelled (mostly the new items part). The reason behind this is, that I found a new approach and I'm gonna repurpose the new items into a brand new Heretic Seaport Set. It's like an evolution. However with the update the previously shared "beta" items (less light cones, or NO light cones) will be merged into the base sets with some additional filler pieces which came up as a request during the past couple of years. With this the previously called Heretic SeaPort Project will be re-branded to Heretic PEG-CDK3 Costal Remake Project (or something like this). The planned new set (let's call it for now Heretic SeaPort Project II.) and the updated set will be fully compatible, but the new set will be able to stand alone without the need of the old set - of course mix and match options will work perfectly.

Well I just realized the last couple of days that I have a lot of things to learn about playing with PIM-X. Thanks to Nick (Simmer2) who explained the mirroring trick for the base and overlays, which led me to mining out the PIM-X user guide and realized the possibilites of the multiple overlays on each tile and other useful things. Well after this I have to remake some of the original Lots, where I deleted every other overlays which were on the way of the new train tracks (because the PEG CDK3 SP lots use everywhere base textures for the rail track configurations).
Anyway I made some progress with my PEG Seaport Retexturing Project.
I gave names of the lots, but most of them just conception/working title. The original lots (which were chosen to remake) apart from minor overlay fixing (as I mentioned above) are ready (the pictures above show the current status).
I started to make some 6 tile deep "filler" pieces, some of them have a DTR and an STR line too, and these got ENDING Lots both the DTR and STR on both side. There will be more filler, I make some only STR version.

Well let see the picture catalogue of the current and probably in the future re-branded Heretic PEG-CDK3 Costal Remake Project:

1. PEG-CDK3-SP Docks and Heretic Additions/Fillers
a; bulk-cargo and container docks

b; warehouse docks

c; RCI Fillers

d; various corner pieces

e; END sections

f; Heretic DTR-STR and STR ONLY filler sets

g; Transportation Docks (parking and Bus)

2. PEG-CDK3-SP SeaPort overrides (these three only the functional seaports)
a-b; Pier One Seaport and Break-Bulk Seaport

c; Container Seaport

3. PEG-CDK3-SP Larger cargo and processing ports
a; Break-bulk Port and Container Processing Dock

b; Pier One Freight Port

c; Vandy Shipping by PEG and Bob's CSK Transfer Dock by Tamorr

d; PEG-CDK3-SP NBVC Outer Corner

4. NBVC Container Port sets and Heretic Additions
a; NBVC Container Port set

b; NBVC Container Port Transition 01 10x20 Lot. It can be connected to some of my new 6 tile deep "filler" or the RRW STR line, because that will be TE.

c; NBVC Container Port Transition 02 16x8 Lot. This is the other half, or other ending. It's a different sized and shaped lot, I deliberately made like this and not a mirror version (for me that would be so boring). I made this these two lots to supplement each other, but the user also can put any of the NBVC Modular Container Port pieces. It would be some kind of transition between the CDK3 seaport and NBVC's Container Port. At this moment I'm not sure how to make some parts of these two lots, because NBVC used the same base textures as Pegasus, but I made to myself a new version about a years ago. Probably the best will be if I make contact with NBVC and ask his/her opinion about this.

5. Heretic CDK3-SP DTR-STR Transitions and Large Yards
a; CDK3-SP Transitions

b; DTR-STR - STR ONLY Transition Industrial Yard 01

c; STR ONLY - DTR-STR Transition Industrial Yard 02

d; STR Only Freight Yard 03

e; Industrial Rail Yard 04 – DTR-STR Warehouses 01

f; Industrial Rail Yard 04 – DTR-STR Warehouses 02

g; Industrial Rail Yard 06 – Container Rail Port

6. Tamorr Freight and Warehouse Rail Port additions
a; Tamorr Freight Rail Port

b;

7. CDK3-SP and various canal transition pieces:
a; SG-CAL Canal Lock

b; SG-CAL Canal Wharf and Lock

c; PPond Canal Lock Transition

8. Heretic Land Fillers

The catalogue of the Expansion will be available in the first post where I introduced the Expansion at the first time.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

mgb204

Firstly can I say that this is a great project I'll be following with much interest. I'm a fan of Pegasus' harbours and am interested in seeing how your new lots evolve. I'm especially pleased to see these getting updated with RRW textures.  :thumbsup:

This setup only uses the existing pieces:

I know the bridge isn't ideal, since there is no way for large ships to pass under. But that's not a problem that's easily solved. To make a custom model for this purpose would involve many hours of work, I personally don't have any motivation to do so.

I think the easiest solution is simply to move the canal, so that it was at the edge of the harbour, rather than in the middle of it. That way you could avoid intersecting with ground-level networks. A tunnel, perhaps U-Rail could be used to take the rail under the canal. CAN-AM supports FLUPs for the canals too, so it would be fully transit-enabled. Then you could use the CAN-AM bridges for any roads, which would cross at 15m so that visually, shipping could traverse the canal to the sea.

Tyberius06

EDIT - 27.04.2019: Since the original image links are gone, I repurpose all the Heretic Seaport Project and its Expansion related WIP develomental posts, because they lost their purpose by now and I can not restore the original images. Therefore this first post will show all the different pieces what the Heretic SeaPort Project v1.5 contains and the later WIP posts will refer to this post back with a link.

Thank you for your kind words! :)

Yepp, the original idea what I used to make was something like on your picture, I made a very similiar way the things.

Why I'm trying to make a different setting is because with the "old" method the Port rail lines are broken, or have to use the END lots, but you don't have continuous rail line with the port. Although what you suggested to moving the Lock to the egde of the Lot is a good idea. :) And also with the flups you gave me an idea to check if I can use anything from the NAM FLUP entrances as just a visually solution. I remember somewhere I have a rail underpass/tunel Lot made by Uki (I guess), I think give these a try.

Thank You! :)

- Tyberius

art128

Remember to resize your pictures using "width=1024" like in the edits I've done. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tyberius06

Hello!

Well most of the lots are nearly ready, I have to fix some minor glitches (mostly with the timed props). As MGB204 suggested I took an another look at the Cal Canal Lock-PEG Seaport transition. There will be two of them; one where the canal lock is in the center (1st picture), and the second one where it is left side. This 2nd one has an other purpose too, similiar than the already shown Bob's CSK2 Transfer Dock (picture 2).

I share a few more in development picture aswell.

Conception of using the SG-CAL Canal Lock as a center piece. Probably I will use the GLR FLUP piece to lead the trains under the Canal. It's not ideal, but for me it looks the best choice, but I'm very open any other suggestions. I've been thinking about uki's rail underpass aswell, but I don't like those modelbased catenaries, and the rail tracks neither RRW textures, so...
Left side the canal lock, and we have a tranfer dock too.
I already showed this (transition piece) in an earlier development stage. Well it needs some fixing here-and-there, but nearly ready.
This is the so called Industrial Rail Yard (development name) 02 in the finish line... :)
Industrial Rail Yard 01.
Transition Piece 01

That's all for now. :)

- Tyberius

mgb204

I like the changes for the canal pieces. I personally think the side "exit" works best.

However, for the middle piece, FLUPs are fine for the roads. Personally I'd move the tunnel portals further from the canal pieces. If you see the water is already below ground level, so the tunnel portal you see would need to have space to go deeper at a safe height under the water.

For the rail tunnels, would this help?

It's an early sample, but with some texture tweaks and a few additions, that should work? I can remove the ballast/sleeps and just leave the rails on concrete if you prefer too?

Tyberius06

Hello Everybody! :)

Well I'm in the final chapter of my PEG-CDK3-SP Re-Lotting Project which contains (as I previously mentioned) the relotting of Tamorr's PEG-CDK3 related contents (except his fillers packs), NBVC's PEG-CDK3-SP WH Larger outer corner and NBVC's Modular Container Port. You can find all these original lots here on STEX. And as I mentioned I expand the set with my own creations. Most of the lotting works are ready, only two lots are waiting for a little touch, so after I'll get the last missing NSB overlay pieces from Simmer2 (thanks to him his hard work with the whole NSB pack :) ), I can finish them.

Let see some pictures:

1. The finished SG-CAL Canal Lock transition. Huge thanks for MGB204, who shared his amezing RRW tunnel modell, and doing so he solved my problem with a CAL lock transition.
2. Well, there is an another conception for the SG-CAL Canal transion, this lot still in progress. I used Tamorr's original ideas about his Bob's CSK2 Transfer dock.

*EDIT: As MGB204 suggested, i changed the wharf bay a little bit, and Simmer2 was so kind to make some additional overlays to me, so here's the "finalized" version of this lot.
3. And of course we have a CSK2 Canal Lock aswell.
4. Well there is some filler, but not all of them on the picture.
5. Altogether I made two so called Industrial Yard, and two "transition" pieces between my 6 tiles deep DTR-STR filler pieces and the PEG 5 tiles deep set. I also made some filler with only STR tracks and some kind of end lots for closing the DTR tracks and closing separately STR tracks aswell.
6-7. The other "transition" piece and the other Industrial Yard.
8-10. Transitions for NBVC's Modular Container Port and on the third picture some of the re-"base"-textured NBVC's Modular Container Port pieces with my transitions...

Well, according to my plans I would like to make some modding with them, but I don't know what sould I do. All the filler pieces should be normal neutral lots, nothing special, but in the case of the big lots I would like to give them some IM jobs. I also don't know how to make a unified cover for these lots as the original PEGs looked like (I mean when you click on the Lot in game and appeared a little box and has a unique  frame etc...)

Any notice, advice would be greatfull, about modding and about the Lots what I already made aswell.

Thank you!

FrankU

Vizoria

Fantastic work, lotting, experimentation and imagination! Some seriously cool grungy stuff is being made in this topic. Keep it up!

Tyberius06

Hello!

During the boring modding stuff (editing the lots in Reader, give some final touch, fixing some error here-and-there) I made a wild conception. The only problem is that I'm not sure that is even possable with given game circumstances. What I would like to make, that total transparant edges/tiles next to the seawalls, while the rest of the lot has normal base texture (the lot is 11x20, and there are 14 tiles of each longer side on the edges what I would like transparent). I followed the tutorial (from wiki http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=Tutorial:True_Transparent_Lots), which suggested me to edit the lotconfig... properties of the Lot Examplar in Reader, but I got the same result as if I just delete the base textures in PIM-X from the unwanted tiles. And neither solution has worked as I wanted.
So is it possible what I want to achive, or not? :)

Any help, advise etc would be welcome :)

- Tyberius

mgb204

Transparency can only work if you use no textures on a given tile. Otherwise it causes the water bug to appear. If the whole of a given tile should be transparent, simply remove it in PIM-X. The instructions for the reader are only necessary if you use the Maxis LE. Since that won't allow you to save a lot with no textures on them.

However the problem here is not really related. You really need to make the lot 2 tiles less wide, so that the width fits with the pier. If need be you can use overhanging props and separate filler lots to cover the gaps. I guess the idea was to use transparency on the overhang, but I don't think you can make this work. The game knows the lot is there and it's messing with the transparency/shadows as a result.

Tyberius06

Thank you FrankU and Vizoria those kind words, and huge gratitude for mgb204 for his help and of course thank you Simmer2 for those requested additional overlays.  &apls &apls :)

Well, eventually I decided to retexture all of the original PEG lots (with the bustop, the original parking lot and the inner corner crossings), and I made one more additional bigger piece, I call this Container Rail Port.
With this all together, I have more than 100 lots (32 additional pieces by myself, the original PEG Contents plusz 2 additional Inner Corner piece, Tamorr's END Lots, NBVC's Larger Warehouse Outer Corner and NBVC's Modular Container Port). I'm a little bit stucked with the modding, but I can release this monster soon...

1. The new piece: Container Rail Port
2. The three Container Port of mine...

FrankU

I had a relot of the PEG containerport on my list, but I can remove that now and do something else with my time. These are really nice ports!

Dublin

Awesome lotting going on here, love what your doing and can't wait to use them. One Question though, I know you can't change the brightness of the cranes and thats ok i'll use the anyway but have you considered these. Not where sure they are from but not a deal breaker anyways. Great work.

Where ever you go, there you are.

FrankU

Yes, the PEG cranes are a bit too bright to be realistic, but only Pegasus can change that and he left the community.

These cranes are really nice indeed. I once saw an image of them and did a search, but I never found them. So if anyone does know where they are from? I guess some or other Japanese site that has disappeared.  :(