• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Provo : We're back! 7/4/14

Started by sunv123, December 16, 2012, 12:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sim_link

Your updates are looking fantastic, definitely deserving of the OSITM spotlight! I look forward to what you have in store. ;D

sunv123

Welcome to the special OSITM update!

City Planning

I thought about it and YOU guys are the only reason I got this OSITM. It belongs to you. I want to make it commenter/viewer friendly, so i decided to make a poll today. I want you guys to be part of all of my OSITM. So here are the choices that you can say yes or no to.

Starting in Kingston, a small residential boom has occurred, fueled by rising housing prices and increased demand in the region. Developers are trying to use every single strip of land that is open to earn big money for their companies.

Here is an area proposed for luxury townhouse development.

Pros

• Provides housing for the growing middle/high class citizens.
  • Convenient to I-17 and only 15-20 minutes from downtown.

Cons

• Would require widening of the roads on the left into TLA-3.
  • Noise from the busy highway may cause some moderate disturbance and might not be good for the resident's health.

Proposed Condo Development near Kingston's downtown. This plot of land used to be an old grocery store demolished after being abandoned for 12 years. (sorry for the quad edge, there was not much space for me to use.)

Pros

• Convenient to Downtown with great restaurants, shopping, and jobs.
  • Again, right next to I- 17 for easy access all across Simnation.

Cons

• Noise and pollution from the I-17 skyway can be disturbing especially at night.
  • Would need to widen the tightly packed roads in an already congested area.

Now moving to Voittaja, development is also pacing up.

Proposed single-family homes starting at $300,000 Simoleons.

Pros

• Beautiful wooded area with convenient access to all of Robinsim's and Voittaja's amenities.
  • Close to Hwy 25, a semi-major east-west route in Simnation.

Cons

• Next to a railroad track, which can be disturbing at times.(especially at night)
  • Near the Harris Moore Power Plant in Robinsim.

Proposed commercial area in Voittaja, with a Wal-Mart in the plans.

Pros

• Provides jobs for the fast-growing town of Voittaja.
  • Convenient to the citizens of Voittaja who rely on Robinsim for groceries.

Cons

• May bring crime to the area.

Proposed Office space in the old Industrial district. Also in the plans is revitalizing the district.

Pros

• Provides jobs for Voittaja.
  • Uses the old crime area and could bring new development to the area.

Cons

• Costly process.
  • Would require shutting down the road for a while, making all traffic use the congested Hwy 25.

Now go ahead and vote, only the top 3 goes into the cities! Let's see what wins! ;D Tell us what you voted for if you want, or you can keep it personal. ;)

Replies will be in the results, thanks for commenting!

Special thanks to the OSITM team for their hard work! :thumbsup:
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

M4346

I supported the first two and the last options, development is good and proper planning pivotal.

As for the other two options, I will join those who are protesting against the move by shouting:

"Save the Trees and Our Community!" :angrymore:

Nothing quite like a bit of armchair activism %BUd%

:P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

sunv123

Quick little pic today, here's the region we'll be mainly focusing on. I'll be taking Ideas on what you would like in this region.

So here it is, the region.

I'll be showing plans for the region later, focusing on realism as much as I can.(especially details and MMPs.) Infrastructure will also play a big role in this region.

Mr.Lin

THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

metarvo

I voted for the second, third, and fourth options.  Condos, and particularly affordable ones, will go a long way towards curtailing a housing shortage.  The single-family homes will provide additional housing options.  As for the commercial development, I think it's a must.  The new residents will need a Wal-Mart.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

sunv123

:-X

*slams it on the table*

"What's this?"

What does this mean.......

Replies

M4346: Thanks, M! Glad you like it. ;D

Swordmaster: Thanks, Willy, glad you liked it as well! ;D I think the steepest grade on the road is around the 5% to 6% mark.

Quote from: RickD on January 31, 2013, 07:48:06 AM
Wait a second ... I have never commented in your MD? Really? This is inexcusable.  ()sad()
I really like, what you are doing here.
Thanks, Raphael! It's okay, many people are just finding out about this as well. ;) But I hope it will change.

Quote from: Dantes on January 31, 2013, 08:18:30 AM
I like the third picture.  :) I like the fact the contrast between industrial and residential skyscrapers.   :thumbsup:

You have on the small map to the tower operated very impressive landscaping.  &apls &apls &apls
Thanks, Onii, is that your name? :P Glad you liked the skyscrapers and the mountain! ;D

Quote from: Gugu3 on January 31, 2013, 09:28:12 AM
Very nice work! &apls
cheers
Gugu3
Thanks, Gugu!

Quote from: nbvc on January 31, 2013, 10:53:49 AM
Nice industrial area and road to Euromast. &apls
Thanks, nbvc!

Quote from: Schulmanator on January 31, 2013, 01:09:57 PM
Nice new stuff. I am sure the cat regrets its actions! :D
I hope.... I think i'll have to send him to Schulmania with the other cats. (not. I'd never send my little meowie out, even if it's such a great place.)

Quote from: Jmouse on January 31, 2013, 10:00:45 PM
Congratulations! Your MD is really looking great! The neighborhoods look terrific, and so does everything else. :)

Thank you, thank you, thanks you and a billion more thank yous. I am glad to be in such a great place in this great community. Thanks so much, OSITM team! &bis& ()flower() &bis& ()flower()

Quote from: dobdriver on January 31, 2013, 11:23:42 PM

And to you mate, congratulations SunV123.

Cheers

Thanks, mate. $%Grinno$% Glad to hear that you got an OSITM for your work too, dobs. We'll spend this month together. :D

Quote from: rooker1 on February 01, 2013, 04:16:03 AM
Great MD you have here.  Congrats on getting intot he OSITM.
Recently Published to OSITM with a few months and you'll be going straight into Best Sellers at the end of the month, congrats all around!

Robin
Thanks, Robin! It is a big milestone for me to enter the best sellers, now I'll just travel along into the classics if i believe. :D

Quote from: noahclem on February 01, 2013, 05:56:26 AM
Congratulations on your OSITM Victor! Great work  &apls
Thanks, Noah! :)

Quote from: vortext on February 01, 2013, 05:58:14 AM
Congrats for being OSITM!  &apls I'm looking forward to what you have in store for us!

Thanks, vortext, just sit tight. :D

Quote from: art128 on February 01, 2013, 06:05:23 AM
Congrats on OSITM!

Last update was really nice, good job on Voittaja, the city is beautiful. Nice work doing the up-hill road too! :)
Thanks, Arthur! Glad you liked them! ;D

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 01, 2013, 06:37:00 AM
Congrats on making it here. These well-wishes alone may push you to best seller status ;)

Cheers
Willy
Oh they have... but like David said, views are worth more than comments, so moving on is still great, but as long as more people come, comments + views would make my day. :sunny:

Quote from: metarvo on February 01, 2013, 07:33:57 AM
After all the bad luck you've had between prop pox and deleted updates, you've managed to rise back up and score OSITM.  Now, that's resilience!  :)  The mountain road and observation tower are well placed, and the growing town is made that much more realistic by the houses under construction.  Good work, Sunv123!

&apls

It's a little annoying at first, but later on, it pays for itself. ;) Thanks, Metarvo! :)

Quote from: sim_link on February 01, 2013, 07:57:43 AM
Your updates are looking fantastic, definitely deserving of the OSITM spotlight! I look forward to what you have in store. ;D

Thanks, sim_link! Hope to see you again...... :)

Quote from: M4346 on February 02, 2013, 02:01:32 AM
I supported the first two and the last options, development is good and proper planning pivotal.

As for the other two options, I will join those who are protesting against the move by shouting:

"Save the Trees and Our Community!" :angrymore:

Nothing quite like a bit of armchair activism %BUd%

:P

Glad you voted! :) Gotta save those trees! :D

Quote from: Mr.Lin on February 02, 2013, 06:05:32 AM
You have a nice city ~

Thanks, Mr.Lin! :)

Quote from: metarvo on February 02, 2013, 07:59:35 AM
I voted for the second, third, and fourth options.  Condos, and particularly affordable ones, will go a long way towards curtailing a housing shortage.  The single-family homes will provide additional housing options.  As for the commercial development, I think it's a must.  The new residents will need a Wal-Mart.

Thanks, again, Metarvo! :) Gotta love those Wal-Marts! :D

Kergelen

Congrats on the OSITM sunv! &apls

Nice MMP work on the industrial district. Waiting how you develope the region :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

sunv123

bat

Great MD there! Also congrats on the OSITM-award! &apls
And nice work on your city. The airport is looking great, too.

sunv123

Welcome to the LaCrosse River!

Today we'll be visiting an area far far away from any city...

With deep, thick forests,

Snowy winters,

Winding creeks,

Wetlands,

Lake shores,

And small Islands, you wouldn't think that there is any human development, and there isn't.

But what's this?

"Ahem, this is Tim Mathews, CEO of Geron Developments. I'll explain what's going on."

What are the rocks there for? "For crushing into gravel, duh". "We're building a highway from Kingston to LaCrosse, we're going to have to cut down some of this forest, sorry."

I'll miss this forest. :(

Replies

Quote from: Kergelen on February 03, 2013, 01:19:08 AM
Congrats on the OSITM sunv! &apls

Nice MMP work on the industrial district. Waiting how you develope the region :thumbsup:

Thanks, Kergelen! :)

Quote from: bat on February 06, 2013, 08:00:02 AM
Great MD there! Also congrats on the OSITM-award! &apls
And nice work on your city. The airport is looking great, too.

Thanks, bat! :)

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

M4346

Words cannot even begin to describe how awesome and beautiful those pictures are! :O
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

metarvo

Progress marches on, and sometimes the timber must be cut.  Hopefully, the wood goes to the lumber mill to be useful for something after having been cut down.  Your use of MMP's is stunningly good.  MMPs have to be one of the hottest new SC4 developments to surface in recent years.

Good work, Sunv123!  &apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

noahclem

I hate to see the forest go but the last couple are my favorite  :thumbsup:  Nice MMPing!

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

dobdriver

That's a great new twist Sunv, off to La Crosse

Beaut swamp logging too.

Cheers

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

sunv123

Ok guys, the results are in...

The condos and the Office space are in the top 3, and we have a tie between Luxury Townhomes and the Single-Family homes.

So I will flip a coin later to see what side wins!.....

Mr.Lin

THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术