• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

God Terraforming in Mayor Mode (GTM)

Started by Jonathan, July 04, 2008, 02:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

I tried the GTM as well and one thing I noticed was that after going into Water Pollution dataview (to see the ocean floor) and using the GTM God tools, was that seaports tended to like to auto-level to the seafloor.

The only way to solve this was to a] terraform w/o the Water Pollution Dataview on or b]terraform w/the Water Pollution Dataview on, save and exit to region, then use land/water lots.

~~Dragonshardz~~

Jonathan

Thanks Mrtnrln,

Dragonshardz, I placed a seaport, switched to water pollution, used GTM God Tools and nothing happened, when I was away from the seaport or near the seaport, and when I went over the seaport it demolsihed like it should, I didn't find the seaport sinking.

And I only use the Maxis seaport, if it makes a difference, try using the Ctrl-Alt-Shift thing to go back to god mode, and try remove the GTM.

dragonshardz

No, this only happened AFTER terraforming with the GTM in Water Pollution, then placing a custom land/water lot. One of the lots I tested this out with happened to be a seaport that replaces the Maxis seaport.

Jonathan

OK now I switched to water pollution, terraformed, plopped a seaport, and everything was normal,

So I start again, switch to water pollution, terraformed, switched back to nomral, ploped a seaport, and still everything is normal.

Is anyone else having this problem?

girlfromverona

This is an awesome mod! I've just noticed, though, that the text for Seed Forests on the God mode menu is missing. Is it like that for everyone else, or is my game just acting quirky today?

Andreas

Quote from: girlfromverona on July 06, 2008, 09:46:34 PM
This is an awesome mod! I've just noticed, though, that the text for Seed Forests on the God mode menu is missing. Is it like that for everyone else, or is my game just acting quirky today?

No, I noticed that myself in my German version of the game. Must be a bug in the UI file (probably a wrong or missing LTEXT ID).
Andreas

Jonathan

Somehow when copying the buttons to the new UI, some of the properties of that button got lost, I'm transferring them now.

Can someone try and replicate the problem Dragonshardz had, and post what happened?

el_cozu

may I ask what does UI mean?... cuz there's an option of that in SC4 and i don't really notice a difference between having it activated or not

dragonshardz

UI: User Interface.

And Warrior, I suspect that what happened to me may be a unique event. However, if someone can reproduce it, I'll be happy because I'll know I'm not crazy.  ;D

Unassigned

Warrior, I did some God mode terraforming on a fresh all-land tile in water pollution mode (created some water areas), went back to n ormal mode and plopped Maxis seaport, car/passenger & passenger ferriy terminals then plopped some PEG auto-level ports and terminals, Goldiva's water taxi and Yacht Club and some JRJ Seawalls without encountering any unexpected ssues.

dragonshardz, most crazy people "know" they're not crazy  ;)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Jonathan

Na  I highly doubt your crazy, it's more likely the game.

Here is version 3, updated readme, fixed text for Seed Forests and more languages (now thats 12) (thanks to Travis, RippleJet and Google)
The new languages are,
French
Swedish
Finnish
Norwegian
Italian
Spanish
Polish

These need testing on their respective languages games. Hopefully the ones by Google(Italian, Spanish, Polish) aren't wrong contextual or not.

Please test and report back soon, I'll have an installer and LEX stuff ready soon once no more bugs are found.

Thanks to everyone who's downloaded and given feedback and shown their support.

Jonathan.

dragonshardz

Ah, slight note: my problems were encountered with the English v1.

sithlrd98

I just wanted to say that although I didn't have any issues with the previous mod, this one is much nicer! Thanks for the hard work ! &apls

Jonathan

I'm just wondering if there is still interest in this, and if it has any bugs and can be released properly on the LEX and STEX. Hopefully there still is.

Jonathan

BarbyW

I haven't had any problems with this at all but I haven't yet tested the latest version. I am away from Wed but will be calling in daily so if you want to prepare the Readme and LEX image ready I will let you know when we can upload it for you.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Jonathan

I have got the installer version ready. It includes the readme and LEX image(I only have one image as I couldn't think of what to put in the other one)

Thank you very much, Barby.

Jonathan

BarbyW

I have the file, Jonathan, and I am sure we can get this to the LEX very quickly.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

homefryes

Warrior, thanks for your excellent work on this.  I did download your latest version, and it works beautifully and looks great.  What an awesome tool!

Homefryes
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

Unassigned

Quote from: Warrior on July 14, 2008, 11:22:46 AM
I'm just wondering if there is still interest in this,
But of course! As the last version I tested gives me no problems I'm simply waiting for a release and will then upgrade. Am using your GTM every day.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Jonathan

Thanks Barby, when it is up on the LEX, I shall upload it to the TPPEX and STEX.
Thanks for showing your interest, hopefully the installer version will be up very soon.

EDIT: As it gets towards the end of the school year, and I will be going to France soon, things look to get busier, so I'm going to upload the installer to the STEX and TPPEX (www.theplanningpages.com) now. And hopefully it will be added to the LEX soon.

Jonathan