• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NEW - Turning Lanes Plugin - POLL Closed

Started by jplumbley, October 09, 2007, 03:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should I do?      Please read below before voting.

Re-write the RTL Plugin.
81 (89%)
Leave it as is.
7 (7.7%)
Dont care (dont use it)
3 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 90

jplumbley

I have had a breakthrough today!!  &apls  &apls  &apls

I have gotten the RULs to work for the 4 way intersection.   :satisfied:  As shown in the picture there are 4 different intersections simultaneously holding different #s of Left Turn Lanes.  There is still some work left to do but the basic portion of the mod is working.

"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

figui

&apls &apls
now you will need to teach us how to do that ::)

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Tarkus

Congratulations, Jason!  This is truly awesome news!  This going to make the TLAs so much easier to code. :thumbsup:

-Alex

JoeST

Thankyou for sharing that amazing piece of news.. *bows*
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Andreas

Now this is very cool! Let me guess: The turning lane appears depending on the way you draw the intersection, i. e. drawing it from the center tile or the outside? In any case, that's much better than anything we had before. :)
Andreas

jplumbley

Quote from: Andreas on November 05, 2007, 07:53:21 AM
Now this is very cool! Let me guess: The turning lane appears depending on the way you draw the intersection, i. e. drawing it from the center tile or the outside? In any case, that's much better than anything we had before. :)

Not quite...  To draw it the RTL overrides a Road to Street Connection before the intersection, I will have to get an in-game picture of it later.  This is an override that will eliminate one option, but I will reinstate that option in time it only takes a few extra lines of code and 1 duplicate texture with a different IID than the MAXIS one.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

jmyers2043

This is nice indeed. I like turning lanes but sometimes they are too much of a good thing.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Pat

great job on this Jp and that is such wonderful news to know you are getting closer - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rickmastfan67

Quote from: jplumbley on November 05, 2007, 08:25:16 AM
Not quite...  To draw it the RTL overrides a Road to Street Connection before the intersection, I will have to get an in-game picture of it later.  This is an override that will eliminate one option, but I will reinstate that option in time it only takes a few extra lines of code and 1 duplicate texture with a different IID than the MAXIS one.

Interesting concept there Jason.  Can't wait to see the picture of how to to it. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Starmanw402007

Those different types of turning lanes are awesome. Keep Up the great work &apls &apls &apls.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;

jplumbley

Well...  I have been playing with some textures as of late, in my absence of doing anything SC4 related...  Although, I do get the urge once in a while to do something useful.

Here are the results of what I have done so far for right turn lanes.  As you can see from the 4 attached textures I am looking at bringing these right turn lanes into the NWM and other networks.  I will be making it so that you can use these between networks for any combination of Road, Avenue, TLA-3,5,7, RHW-2,4..  This will all be included in the new Turning Lanes Plugin I am slowly but surely building.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Starmanw402007

I agree with Warrior those look Brilliant! Keep Up the Great work :thumbsup: &apls.

Your Friend
Your Friend;

Pat

&apls &apls &apls Jp that is wonderful and remember to take your time and dont rush OK!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Diggis

Quote from: jplumbley on November 04, 2007, 07:25:03 PM
I have had a breakthrough today!!  &apls  &apls  &apls

I have gotten the RULs to work for the 4 way intersection.   :satisfied:  As shown in the picture there are 4 different intersections simultaneously holding different #s of Left Turn Lanes.  There is still some work left to do but the basic portion of the mod is working.

Now I know why I haven't heard from you regarding the SAM.  I did wonder where you were hiding.  How did I miss this thread?  ()what()

jplumbley

Due to this thread being open for two months, I have now changed the title to:

NEW - Turning Lanes Plugin

The poll is now closed.  Votes are more than 90% in favour of me re-writing the RTL Plugin to make it better and optional.  Poll results:

What should I do?      Please read below before voting. Re-write the RTL Plugin.  76 (90.5%)
Leave it as is.              5 (6%)
Dont care (dont use it)  3 (3.6%)

Total Voters: 84

As you can see from previous posts, I have been able to do so.  I am also expanding this to be a plugin for all Turning Lanes.  For those of you who would like to know what I am planning for this plugin... well... Here goes:

Optional Left Turn Lanes
- Avenue
- Road
- RHW-2,4

I would definately like to get these working for Diagonals, but that will take much more time and effort.  Orthogonals for RHW-2 and Road have been written, some variations need to be added.  Textures are still needed for some things.

Optional Right Turn Lanes
- Avenue
- Road
- TLA-3,5,7
- RHW-2,4

This is an addition based on the original idea and textures by Lakeyboy over at ST.  These right turn lanes will be drawn by dragging a one way road in a counterclockwise fashion at the corner of an intersection.  Much work on textures is left to be desired and it will take some time to get these done.  I am trying to reuse some of the textures to make RULing easier and keep everything simple.  We shall see how it works out.  My goal is to get these working for diagonal networks aswell, but that is a whole new challenge again.  I have posted the following right turn lane pictures before when I initially started working on them but here they are again since they are not part of this thread:

Street Addon Mod - SAM

rooker1

Those turning lanes are a beautiful thing.  I hope you can get them working.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Diggis

If you want more textures done, you know where to get me.

figui

first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________