• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Winding River Project

Started by mrbisonm, March 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Thank you all for dropping in and leaving a note. Always appreciated to hear from you.

««Next morning Charlie was already down at the creek fishing before Grandpa, John and Mike woke up, and it wasn't early since they spent most of night talking about the development project of this area. Again this morning during breakfast, they had some talk about it.

I heard Grandpa say, " I'm in, spending a couple of millions at my age won't change anything anyways, let's do it", Mike couldn't resist answering, " When the old man says it's ok, then we should listen, John." while looking at John with eagerness.
I think Pa and Grandpa will buy some land here, that'll be great, We will have a weekend home and can come fishing every weekend I thought. Maybe a dream come true? »»

In the early afternoon that day, the Chiefsurgeon of the Bluebay General Hospital announced the improvement of Ms Gabber to her children and brother. Out of danger she finally was. Because of the broken ribs some parts of her lung were damaged, but now the internal bleeding is under total control. What a relief that was for the familly who spent the whole night in the hospital. The Coastguard came back without success of having found John Gabber and his plane. Understandable, they didn't know where the anglers went and the planes were searching in the wrong area.

Once packed up after having caught enough smaller and medium sized trout to partially fill the cooler, the Gabbers got ready to leave and started putting the hydroplane back into the water, when all of sudden Mike started yelling that he found another skull, while pushing Rusty Rover out into deeper water.
Yes, one more skullhut, this time in the water just about where the creek enters the river.

«« "Funny, I was fishing just beside it this morning for an hour," Mike said, "and I thought it was a big rock because the frontpart is towards the river thatI didn't see it". I had to see this too and yes, another skull, but in less nice condition as the one on the rockledge, grown over with moss and broken parts. Now I got interested in this too, maybe there are many more if we could look around more. But Dad had to go saying, " We'll be back soon I think, no time to go searching the whole valley now." »»

So off they went making a full turn around the riverbend to have a detailed look at the region for the last time today.

«« " You see the hills with the redwood trees there, John?" yelled Mike, " Imagine if that belongs to us, there's a lot of money in these woods, they're all never been cut before. I am sure if the Corporation buys the land, I will be able to manage the whole region. You know that I'm one of your best Project Managers anyways," looking up at John as if he was asking. " I know Mike, listen, " a moment of silence, " I will put the Corporation's advisors together tomorrow in the Mainoffice in Beecher Falls and we'll discuss the matter seriously. How does that sound, Mike?", " That's all I ask for John, thanks," Mike added »»

And with this said the plane went into the direction of Bluebay, flying over a different swamp this time, when Mike started screaming again.
«« " Hey look down there....there is  something...near that rock that leads into the water....it's a .....plane?" almost confused he looked at John and Grandpa and the plane went immediately down in a semi circle to have a good and close look at this.

Yes, it was a plane as if crashed into the water. " Darn" John said, "haven't seen one of those fighterplanes around for 10 years or so, since the last war."

Grandpa added, " looks like it's been there for quite awhile, it's rusted through on the body." I wanted to see and almost pushed Grandpa out of the window, if it wasn't closed. " this is funny", Mike said, " so many things in only 24 hrs. I feel like having discovered a complete new world."»»

John nodded concentrated and started to pull up the nose of the plane to take the route home this time.

I am pretty busy with the GRV II Challenge at the moment, trying to make ends meet, so I will be a little slower to update this CJ/MD. Hoppe you liked the story and pictures anyways.

mrb

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

metarvo

The appearance of these skulls, while seeming unusual to me at first, has combined with the storyline to make an interesting read.  I wonder what kind of backstory is connected to the rusty, old plane?  The pictures are also done very well, Fred.  I can tell that some time and effort went into that lake.  Nice work!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

BarbarossaS

How can we not like the story and the pics, there great!
I think you're creating a whole new standard here  :thumbsup:

And take as much time as you need to make the next updates, if they're
all as good as the last ones, I don't think anyone will mind  ;)

Stijn

Battlecat

A lot of interesting stuff in a very small neighborhood already.  Beautiful region, love the terraforming. 

NASCAR_Guy

Love the map Freddie.

BTW I am interested in purchasing a large amount of land, ae you interested?
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

mrbisonm

Quote from: NASCAR_Guy on March 19, 2009, 12:30:28 PM
Love the map Freddie.

BTW I am interested in purchasing a large amount of land, ae you interested?

The government will not sell any swampy land. The flatlands are about tbe sold to the Gabbers. There are some parts left. Choose one, give me a good reason why.

Pm me a name of character, where he/she lives, Company's name (see map of surrounding cities), where the Company is, a story behind it and what they do/manufacture. Also some details of the fellow that buys the land, age, sexe, married or not, children, etc.
Then decide the number you would like and tell me what you want to do with it in the future , then I talk to the Governor of the region and see what we can do. ;)

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/89029958/file.html

mrb

mrbisonm

I hope you will like the next updates, because I have put a lot of work into this, creating 62 new BATs and LOTs only for the next 4 updates....oufff, and here's what it looks like. This is only a teaser and contains only about a dozen or so new Nexis BATs/Lots. The story will be hot too. Interested?

To Later this weekend maybe, if I can find the time.... ;)

mrb

kimcar

&apls &apls I just can`t take my eyes off of your pics, because i really like them. very good layout and scenery that you have done my frienf. and as for the war plane in the water , conclude that you got a great imagination . Looking forard :thumbsup:

threestooges

Very nice little bit you've put together there Fred. I've seen a few tries at lumber camps (and tried a few myself) and this is one of the best. It looks like operations are just getting started. I'd say your effort was worth it. Curious to know how they will get the logs to market (because I happen to know an investor with a little bit of capital who is interested in a railroading venture... just needs the right opportunity). Looking forward to seeing where the story goes from here. Things seem to be going well so far.
-Matt

BarbarossaS

Looking very good Fred  :thumbsup:
I'm staying tuned in this weekend, in case you'll find the time for
more fantastic updates  ;D

mightygoose

fred where do you get your time from....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mrbisonm

Quote from: mightygoose on March 20, 2009, 05:27:58 PM
fred where do you get your time from....

......don't know, yet.....lol....having less sleep, that's for sure. &Thk/(

kimcar, imagination I got tons.....lol, thanks
threestooges, I live in a wooded area in north-eastern Canada/Quebec and logging is a part of the region here, I see it everyday, even on my own land. I love these scenes and since peg did not make enough Logger's BAT's I just had to do some more myself.
**I happen to know an investor with a little bit of capital who is interested in a railroading venture**...is that what you would like as a character in this MD/CJ? Whenever you're ready let me know. The Gabbers are looking for someone to buy or transport the logs.
BarbarossaS, can't promiss it, but it looks like I'll have the time tomorrow night or on sunday afternoon to bring the next update.

Hey thanks all, for dropping on and say Hi....  :thumbsup:

Fred/mrb

CaptCity

Wonderfully realistic access road there, mrb... And "creating 62 new BATs and LOTs only for the next 4 updates"...
...can anyone say 'workhorse'?  %BUd%

Looking forward to what else comes out of that imagination of yours, and the next segment of the 'hot' story.
I'm sure we'll all be talking about it!  ()meeting()

Pat

Fred another fantastic update here wow!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Yeah, I've looked a bit at those lumber lots, but haven't done much with them yet. I probably should given that I have that sawmill by (I think) onlyplace4, but no visible harvesting equipment. As for a character, well, I had intended to wait and see if you wanted me for something, but since I have the chance to choose, the opportunity to run the rails is a tough one to pass up. You say "whenever [I'm] ready," what all would I have to do?
-Matt

meinhosen

I really need to say that you ought to think about putting your city journals/mayor's diaries together into a graphic novel.  Your stories have always been a interesting and good distraction for me, but the scenery (especially here) is in a league of its own.  I think I'm going to have to go and mark this thread so I don't miss any updates.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

JoeST

oh thats just... *DRUUUUUUUUUUUUULE*

:) Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

TheTeaCat

Well now that was certainly worth the cuppa I brewed just before I sat to to read this :D :D

What an enjoyable breakfast treat I had &apls &apls
What amazes me is how much you can get done and so quickly.
And creating 62 lots and bats just for 4 updates  :o :o Incredible &apls

looking forward to the next installment :thumbsup:
regards

Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

mrbisonm

Amazing, so many nice replies, who would have thought of this. I am flattered. :satisfied:

CaptCity, those 62 BATS are all small and mostly for the logging and construction scenes that will come in the next two updates, starting after this one below.

Pat, thanks for coming again

threestooges, when ever you're ready , just pm me and I'll get back to you with the details I need to know. Btw, you can join your character now or jump in later.

I still need three characters that  start off as kids in the same age as Charlie and as his friends, 2 Boys and 1 Girl. Make sure that you'll be around when joining your character, otherwise I will let him die if I don't hear from you within a month or so.
These 3 characters I have big plans for them.........big.

meinhosen, glad you bookmarked this MD, to me that means you like it . ;)

JoeST, wait 'till you see the rest....lol

TheTeaCat , so much so quickly.....I'm up all night....lol ;)

Now that they saw that it was a crashed plane in the swamps, they continued the route home talking about their two new finds. They soon reached the Bluebay area and down first to drop of Mike at his place and then like always, make the final big circle around the bay , and finally land near their house.

Vera, the oldest girl, was waving on the beach as if there was no tomorrow and John got worried for a minute seeing her jumping like this on the pebbles. The motor was still running when Vera started yelling but no way John could understand a word and pointed Vera to stand aside and wait until the plane came to a total stop. Finally the motor shutt off and he could Vera yelling everything that hapeened in one breath and a half. John didn't understand a thing but got the message of his wife being hurt and being in the hospital.
Grandpa told John to go right away while he will take care of tying the plane and the rest. Within a second John, Vera and Charlie who was already in tears ran to the house and got into their car to head towards the hospital, while Vera was telling all the details on the way there and Charlie cried as if his mother already died. It started to get dark when they reached the hospital.

Luckily everything was under control and there was more confusion and fear than anything else. Mary Moondall was awake when they arrived and John was surprized to even see his brother Gary there.

«« " Well, you weren't here and no one knew where you were, even the coastguard were looking for ya and someone had to take care of the medical decisions", Uncle Gary told father who doesn't really have a good relationship with his brother, " Hope you're not telling me that it is my fault now" father answered with a harsher and dry voice, " you weren't even there when sister died." Oh yeah.....I remember that incident very well when aunt lisa died. She died of cancer only 2 years ago and Dad wanted the whole family together when she was leaving for eternity. Uncle Gary never showed up, not even for her burrial. He had his reasons he said but never detailed them out.
When I saw Mom I wanted to jump on her, but father somehow caught my arm in midair and stopped me before doing the dumb gesture. With eyes all wet and drowny, I couldn't even see all of her in the bed, but I was glad to hear her voice telling us that she scrapped the convertable. " Forget the darn car," John said, " Glad to see you're still alive, what were you trying to do? Can't I leave you alone anymore?"»»

Later that evening the Surgeon explained that everything was running smoothly and that probably in two weeks or so, Mary may go home. What a relief for the whole family. It looked worse than it was.
Early next morning John called his brother Gary, the president of the Construction department of the Corporation, excused himself to have brought up the subject of their sister again and told him that an important meeting was to be held in the Mainoffice at 13:30 hrs and to make sure to be there.

That day, the kids didn't go to school, but went to the hospital again with Henry's wife, their Grandmother.
John, Mike, the advisors and Gary were on time for the meeting and what a meeting it was. It wasn't before 16:30 hrs when the first members left the meeting and it seemed that everything was finalized, since their lawers and notaries were invited to be there tomorrow morning in John Gabber's office.

While we are in Beecherfalls, let's have a small tour of it, just to get to know it better. Beecherfalls is where the Mainoffice of the Gabber's Managements Inc is. It is the biggest city in the vast region, but not the busiest one. Connected by the Elmriver with the harbour town of Frampton, it's downtown is almost entirely build on one side of the river right in the middle of a gerat agricultural area, therefore it has that rural look sometimes while being a city. Beecherfalls almost has no industry , leaving that to Frampton which is very industrial.

A good two weeks went by and Mary was back home again, getting treated like a queen. John left the same day when she returned home, to the Regional Administration Office in Frampton to meet his notary and lawyer for the last time and finally get the transfer of the land that the Corporation bought form the federal Government signed. It was a big part of the Winding River Wilderness without touching any of the swampy lands around. The deal was signed, the check was handed over and hands were shaken. At the same time, one of his neighbors, Tony Racsan, and a good friend of grandpa Henry was in the office also and had bought some land for his Company, Kent Engineering Company, in the Winding River Wilderness. Tony is the head of one of the 10 richest families in the region, maybe even richer than the Gabbers. I guess it was time for the Gabbers to decide to get going, many other Companies started buying off the valley in pieces.

Let's now have a small look around the original place where the Gabbers came from. Frampton is at the end of the mighty Elmriver and very close to the sea. It has the harbour and a very intensive industrial influence. Extremely widespred is the city on both riversides. This below is the center of the city, under moist clouds almost all the time because of the nearby sea. You can slightly see the industries on the riverbanks on the left side of highway 30.

Henry Gabber was born in this city, grew up in a poor neighborhood and slowly started his buissness during the last war. John also was born here and partially grew up in the neighborhood you see the picture of below. After the war,Henry made his fortune and moved to Bluebay with his two sons, John, Gary and his deceased daughter Lisa, when they all still were teenagers.

Today Frampton is the most growing community in the east and has all the potentials to grow bigger than Beecherfalls within the next decade. Construction is everywhere and who do you think is on top of managing all that? Yeah, you're right, it's the Gabber Mgs.

Now poorer of a few million of Simoleons, John Gabber went to see the Transportation office to offer the deal of his Corporation building a connection of Highway 15 from Bluebay with Highway 30 in Fampton. A project that will take a a whole year to analyse and another three or four years to realize. (see the pink line in the map below) I guess he wants his investment to make profits already.

Click on the link below to get a big view in paint or irfanview of all the details of WrW region that has been seen or planned sofar.

11map region sc4
http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=windingriverprojectphas.jpg

Again the deal was accepted to study by the federal Government.
Six Months later the construction of a gravel road leading over the hills and mountains towards the Winding River was undertaken, a task that Mike Allheimer will manage together with Gary Gabber. Over two hundred workers, architects, Loggers, heavy machinery drivers etc were hired for this project, first deciding where to wind the roads through the mountains and then start logging out the line to finally bulldoze a nice road down to the other side of the valley.

We will have a look at this the next time, where the Winding River Project really starts to show. Hope you again enjoyed this period of the MD. Thanks for commenting and following the story. Have fun....

mrb

CaptCity

Quote from: mrbisonm on March 21, 2009, 08:54:41 PM
CaptCity, those 62 BATS are all small and mostly for the logging and construction scenes that will come in the next two updates...

Yes, but it's still 62  :o  Can't wait to see how you use them. Sounds like things are revving up...