• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tag's Residential Projects

Started by tag_one, October 15, 2008, 04:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmyers2043

Well - well - well! What do we have here? Some nicely done slope friendly buildings if you ask me.

I like the roof textures. The joins of the roof material are subtle and not distracting. There is a right amount of dirty-ness too. The walls are obviously white but do not glare due to the in game lighting. Overall the texturing is about as good as it can get and you should be proud of your effort.

I like the lots and your use of CycleDog's base textures. I am curious about the dirt overlays you used in the front yard areas. Are there a lot of dirt drive ways in your part of the Netherlands???

Cheers - Jim Myers

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

tag_one

B_schlurf, thanks! I'm actually cheating a bit since I made those building in November last year. Didn't had the time to finish it and forgot about it. I found those buildings some time ago when I was doing a cleanup of the 6 development plugins folder I have  ::)

Carlos, Thanks I'm glad to hear you like them!

Jacqulina Thank you!

SimNation Thanks, I love both European and New York styled buildings a lot :)

Jack Thanks!

Jim Thanks, the wall textures took quite a lot of time. It took me about 15 renders to  get this result. Thankfully 3DS Max renders these buildings in less than a minute ::)
These kind of buildings are actually quite uncommon in the Netherlands. As we have a lot of clay in our soil most buildings, including the old ones, are build with bricks. Those timber frame buildings are normally found in countries like Germany. Personally I'll change some of the overlay textures in brick ones, as dirt driveways become less common nowadays. I just needed a placeholder to see how the buildings grew in the game ;)

Gilikov1994

maybe, what about some Dutch houses :)

- Giel :thumbsup:
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

Silur

Hi, Tag_One
Excellent Homes and Houses !!!
... and I'm with Netherlands Football Team from 1970 - we win silver today, this is our line - no more ... %confuso

tag_one

Eloa people! It's been a couple of months again since the last time I was active. But I've got some ghetto candies again :D Life is busy but good here. I think I can slowly say that I left a very dark and gritty period behind me. Unfortunately for you all it means I hardly got time to do modeling work or be active over here. Spend most of my tume on a busy social life and messing around with girls :P Anyway here's a new public housing project I'm working on. I also made 21 story highrise version of it, but that one still needs some texturing and nightlighting.

gn_leugim

I could say a lot of things, but I'll go for one word only. Perfect!  :thumbsup:

art128

Welcome back, Merijn.

Looks really nice. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

metarvo

It's good to see you again, Merijn.  The community's really starting to hop again, and it's good that your RL is going good again.  :) 

Somehow, I never remembered you doing residential buildings, so it's a pleasant surprise to me to see one here.  I like the dilapidated brick texture and the windows.  Our medium-density R-§ areas could always use a little variety.  I suppose the tall version could work for denser areas.  Welcome back, Merijn!

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

FrankU

Hi Merijn,

Yes, good to see you active again.
In the past I myself lived through some messing around with girls too and especially the not so funny half of it can take a lot of energy.
Anyway, it brought me my beloved wife, so it all came to a good end.

Your building looks great!

Frank