• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

Thanks, Andreas- I'll follow up on this on the other side.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Danthe

Quote from: ma360 on January 06, 2008, 05:04:15 AM
Is a RHW tunnel or a bridge can be create?

Quote from: Andreas on January 06, 2008, 06:23:11 AM
As far as we know, this is not possible.

I've made the RHW tunnel, only tunnel's entrance not visible.

Jonathan

OK it is already possible for RHW-2 and RHW if it is not together like an avenue as two tunnels can not be next to each other, just a small tweak and a model should appear.
Not possible

Dexter

The MIS is great, although it takes a while to get used to when making complex interchanges.

I just wanted to know what happened to these pieces (the elevated MIS ramps), and if they will be included in v.21  ()what().

Quote from: Danthe
Quote from: ma360
Is a RHW tunnel or a bridge can be create?

Quote from: Andreas
As far as we know, this is not possible.

I've made the RHW tunnel, only tunnel's entrance not visible.

I am sure Fukuda was working on RHW-4 bridges at some point in time, although I am not sure what happened to them  :( .
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

memo

@Warrior: It requires some changes to the "slope mod"-exemplar file of the ANT.

@Danthe: However, if I remember correctly, it won't be functional. We have already tried to make street tunnels, ANT tunnels and lightrail tunnels. Although it was possible to use them with UDI, by adding paths, the traffic engine wouldn't recognise the tunnel as a functional network piece. &mmm

Ennedi

Some comments:

1. RHW tunnel:
It is possible to build RHW tunnel.
The original, unfinished Maxis network used to make RHW was called "Dirt Road" (=ANT=RHW). It has it's own exemplar "Dirt Road Placement Tuning Parameters". This exemplar is present in bones1 slope mod, in kt3 slope mod (especially dedicated for RHW) and in all versions of my slope mods.
To make a tunnel we must change the property "MinSlopeForTunnelStart". It was set for 89,5 degrees (making a tunnel practically impossible) and I changed it to 17,5 degrees.
But I did it a while ago. How Danthe did it, I don't know too  :D

2. As I said it's possible to build a tunnel, but the entrance doesn't appear.
Why? I think we simply haven't the entrance model dedicatet to this network.
Why I'm not sure - only think?
Every exemplar "Street/Road/etc... Placement Tuning parameters (every network has it's own) consists a property called "Street/Road/etc...ResourceIds". I checked this property values for each network.
As we know, we can make street and El Rail tunnel (not if you use bones1 slope mod, he blocked this possibility by setting the MinSlopeForTunnelStart to 89,5 degrees, but you can do it using other mods or don't using them). But the street tunnel entrance doesn't appear.
And what about the Street Tunnel Resource Id? It is the same as for road. Conclusion? Bad mode for this network, the entrance doesn't appear. (It's my conclusion, maybe I'm wrong  ::))
The same for ElRail. The Tunnel Resource Id - the same as for rail, and we don't see the tunnel entrance.
And for RHW? Yes, it has the same Tunnel Resource Id as road.

So maybe someone will make use from this information? Maybe we only need proper models to make all these tunnels?  ;)

3. It is possible to make smooth RHW (Danthe's problem).

Mariusz, we will research your problem by PM, I think it's connected with positions of RHW and slope mod in you Plugins folder.
One note: If you make RHW4 and use starter piece, level the terrain one tile away from it. If you won't do it, you can have a crease next to the starter.

4. No road zots at RHW:
Yes, Andreas is right, but this problem has more aspects  :D
Look at these pictures from my test city:

However  ;D

...And the building query (commute time - short)

?  :D

Edit: I have just read memo's message. Yes, I didn't check the functionality of these tunnels. I will do it. But again, maybe it's only a question of tunnel entrance models?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

memo

Quote from: Ennedi on January 06, 2008, 12:01:31 PM
And what about the Street Tunnel Resource Id? It is the same as for road. Conclusion? Bad mode for this network, the entrance doesn't appear. (It's my conclusion, maybe I'm wrong  ::))
The same for ElRail. The Tunnel Resource Id - the same as for rail, and we don't see the tunnel entrance.
And for RHW? Yes, it has the same Tunnel Resource Id as road.

So maybe someone will make use from this information? Maybe we only need proper models to make all these tunnels?  ;)

Probably you did not know that - in order to make the models for street tunnels etc. appear - you would have had to add an exemplar file which links to these models. Actually, the exemplar file for the road tunnel models doesn't work for other networks. What you would have to do to make the road tunnel models appear for street tunnels, for instance, is to copy the road exemplar (the one with the ID of the TunnelResourceID) and change the GroupID of the copy to 0xA92A02EA (for streets) or to 0x6BE08658 (for ANT/RHW). ;)
I think that the models won't make the tunnel functional though. &mmm

JGCarter

Not sure if this helps, but Blahdy is working on a Big Dig set for the RHW/MIS. Its supposed to be UDI compatible. As for bridges, Fukuda was working on a bridge set for the RHW-4 but he disapeared (I think he said he was taking a break from SC4, ST, SC4D, etc). Dunno if this helps...

Shadow Assassin

Just might want to point out that despite giving the tunnel exemplar property totally new IIDs and the model new IIDs, it still doesn't work. So, I dunno how to get it working...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

allan_kuan1992

Um... the elevated and draggable RHW4 is already in progress: (picture from page 30 or so)

However, I do not know if there is an elevated RHWMIS yet.

- Allan Kuan

Shadow Assassin

The RHW-4 has already been completed functionally, all that needs to be done is for the models to be revamped so they look pretty. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

BigSlark

And, if you look around Allan, blahdy has shared photos of the upgraded EL-RHW4 viaducts pieces, complete with traffic control and signs...

Cheers,
Kevin

blahdy

Quote from: BigSlark on January 07, 2008, 12:58:45 AM
And, if you look around Allan, blahdy has shared photos of the upgraded EL-RHW4 viaducts pieces, complete with traffic control and signs...

Cheers,
Kevin

yup, as soon as alex gives me an update on how the elevated piece works out, i'll have ground transition/abutment model delivered for RHWMIS project as well.  just need to see if there are any problems with the model that need to be addressed before i pump out more models.

Haljackey

Well, after playing with the MIS for less than 5 minutes, I discovered this:

I give you the RHW-6!  (Not 6-C!).  At 2 tiles wide, it takes up the same size as the in-game highway, and looks a little different! 

*Warning to motorists: contains no shoulder  :P

Once I actually figure out how I made this, I will post a guide how to make it for those who are interested.

I will continue to tinker with Version 20, and see what I can make next!

Best,
-Haljackey

Filasimo

@ hal: There is already some concepts on that being underway and worked on the RHW-6SC as tested by Rickmastfan67:

it was tested on the default RHW-4 texture ID and should be workable once a additional puzzle pieces are created for it

in addition, there already is a reference guide for the RHW here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3355.0
it covers proper usage for this version of the RHW. Stepping on peoples toes is not a good idea.and i strongly advise you to think about that
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Haljackey

Filasimo: Hmm... Thats good to know.  Glad to hear that its being worked on.  Oh, and I have read your guide, its very useful and informative.  Nice job! :thumbsup:

About stepping on people's toes, this was in no way intended to be an offense to the RHW team.  Its merely a glitch in the system (like Multi-RHW's prior to this release) and was something interesting to see when I was playing around with the new version.  You should know that I would never "Step on people's toes", its just something I don't do.

Anyways, I have constructed my first interchange with the new RHW network.

Click on the image to view it in FULL RESOLUTION!

Compare that to the interchange that laid there before:

What a difference, eh?

Best,
-Haljackey

Kitsune

The the way to get the RHW-6C is to draw a stretch of RHW 4, then plop of the 3 lane pieces down, and viola, you have the the 3C on one side. Actually, this is about the only way I can get the 3 lane version to work, to get it double I have "draw" in the shoulder ......
~ NAM Team Member

Filasimo

@ kitsune: there is also another way as i desribed in the RHW reference guide as well  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//