• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ashtabula

Started by homefryes, March 14, 2009, 04:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

It would be and great honor to bring such a magnificent MD to 100 posts, and onto the Best Sellers! Congratulations, Don!

Sorry for being absent for a bit, I do apologize. But from what I've seen catching up, I am impressed--falling-off-my-seat-in-amazement impressed! With outstanding work like this, Ashtabula is going to be one for the record books, my friend.

Here's to 100, 200, 300 more!

Dustin

Battlecat

This continues to be amazing.  The amount of pre-planning you do for each tile is incredible and it really shows on the resulting product.  You certainly earned you OSITM award!   &apls

metarvo

I'm looking forward to seeing the development that takes place in this area.  With all of the excellent planning, I'm sure it will look great.  Keep it going, Don!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Swesim

This MD is really interesting to read, You put so much thought and planning into this that I am amazed everytime I read Your updates.
I can´t say that I have Your patience for planning when it comes to playing the game, but it is interesting to see how others do nonetheless...

Jmouse

Don, the way you lay out your quads gets more and more interesting with every update. I've tried using the signs, for now just blocking in areas for R, C and I, and I think it's going to be a great help. So guess I'll be trying out your method of leveling the terrain next! :)

And I just noticed another advantage of using the signs - you've reserved space for churches, schools, etc., which I always forget to do. Great idea.

Later...
Joan

homefryes

Dustin (thundercrack83): Thanks for taking Ashtabula over the 100 mark! I've not been around Marathon as much lately either, but I do stop in when I can! Take care, my friend!

Battlecat: I appreciate the compliments!

Metarvo: Thanks so much; sorry the development will have to wait a bit; but hang in there!

Sweism: I'm analytical by nature, so I have to plan! But I enjoy it, and I'm glad you like what you see.

Joan (Jmouse): I'm glad you are finding other uses for the signposts. They really are handy, in my opinion. In actuality what you saw in respects to the "Church" and "School" signposts were street names, but I have indeed used them to mark proposed locations for zones and buildings as you've pointed out. Thanks!

5.3 – Kingsville, roadways (almost) complete

I apologize to all of you, my loyal viewers, because I didn't get to my mid-week update as planned; and as mentioned before, I'm heading off for vacation tomorrow!

5.3.a - Paris Las Vegas

I won't be posting while I'm away. (No free internet access! Bummer!!) To tide you over, I have a sort of lame update, since I haven't been able to devote as much time this week as I'd hoped, so I haven't gotten very far. But I hope you enjoy the pics regardless.

5.3.1 - Kingsville - Dibble Rd. at Creamer Rd. and Buie Rd.

5.3.2 - Kingsville - SR 84 (S. Ridge Rd.) at Dibble Rd. and Infirmary Rd.

5.3.3 - Kingsville - US 20 (W. Center St.) at Infirmary Rd., and Middle Rd. (to the north)

5.3.4 - Kingsville - SR 531 (Lake Rd.)

I wonder what I'll do to connect this dirt road to the FAR piece? ......... ;)

5.3.5 - Kingsville - US 20 (E. Center St.) at Harmon Rd.

5.3.6 - Kingsville - Poor Rd. at Gore Rd.

5.3.7 - Kingsville - village center

5.3.8 - Kingsville - South Kingsville (junction of SR 84 & SR 90)

5.3.9 - Kingsville - Fox Rd. aside Conneaut Creek.

To all my friends in the US, have a safe Memorial Day weekend! I'll see you all on or after the 31st!

-- Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

meinhosen

Have a great time in Vegas, Don!

Hmm, nowhere to connect a dirt road to the FAR?  I'm sure if you send it up to David (dedgren) you might find yourself with a puzzle piece to fit the bill  ;)
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Battlecat

Nice setup to the road network.  Enjoy your trip, I'm looking forward to the next update!

woodb3kmaster

I've been following Ashtabula from the start, and it's been wonderful watching your meticulous planning and developing these first few quads. IMHO, you're really on a par with The JerseyDevil73's famed recreation of Edmonton! Keep up the outstanding work!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

threestooges

Hope the Vegas trip was good. The detail in this MD continues to impress me and, looking at the region shots, the benefits of the signpost development really show themselves. It looks great. Also, the powerpole tutorial (and its usage of course) just adds to things, as does your bridge selection and the history behind it all. I know I don't comment here much, but I'm certainly following along. Great work.
-Matt

thundercrack83

Hi, Don!

Happy birthday, my friend!

There's not a better time to stop by the shores of Lake Erie than that! Ashtabula continues impress the heck out of me and knock my socks right off! I hope you had a good time out in the desert, and I look forward to more here in northeast Ohio!

Take care!

Dustin

Jmouse

Happy Birthday, Don! The latest update was an interesting one and I'm anxious to see where you take Ashtabula from here!

Later...
Joan

dedgren

QuoteI wonder what I'll do to connect this dirt road to the FAR piece? ......... ;)

5.3.5 - Kingsville - US 20 (E. Center St.) at Harmon Rd.

Be watching your email over the coming weekend, my friend.

Help is on the way!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

girlfromverona

Wow! I love your attention to detail. Great job on your MD, Don!  :thumbsup:

beutelschlurf

moin homefryes,

looks like a testig base for the farr, in here!
great job :thumbsup:

b_schlurf

tahill79

Wow.  Nice attention to detail!!!  Ive been there a few times and this looks very good.  I live in Mansfield.  I love CJ/MD's about Ohio.  Its funny tho, I was looking at a map of Ohio to find some names for my new region I was starting and came up with Ashtabula as my downtown.  Great Job!!!!

Nexis4Jersey

I love all the detail that goes into this MD  :thumbsup:

superhands

Don, I should check the mds section more often. :P
I didn't know this region existed until know :o
the region shot blew my hair back.
great, great work!

dave

rhizome21

very impressive

your last region view seems like a shot taken straight from Google Earth ! Wonderful achievement at realism  &apls

jf

KoV Liberty

Very cool indeed!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.