• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

metarvo

Welcome back, Pat!  I always hoped that you would return to us one day.  I'm looking forward to seeing how all of the new stuff gets incorporated into this fine MD of yours.

;)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

jmyers2043

Quote from: Jmouse on November 17, 2011, 03:24:39 PM
... welcome back! ...

Quote from: mrbisonm on November 17, 2011, 03:53:21 PM
...Welcome back ...

Quote from: metarvo on November 17, 2011, 06:04:34 PM
... Welcome back... 

That's just great  :bomb:  now I've got the theme from "Welcome Back, Kotter." on my brain.

Welcome back, Pat   

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

bat

Welcome back!

And great set of your "old" pictures"...
Looking forward to new images... ;)

Gringamuyloca

;D Let me add my voice to the refrain...  ()flower()
Welcome back! You have been sorely missed!  :thumbsup:
Tamara

art128

How good to see your MD running again, pat! Welcome back here!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

threestooges

Pat! Great to see you back around again, and certainly glad to see Waterfalls back in the works. We'll have to catch up on what's new, but for now, glad to see you back around here again.
-Matt

Pat

Before the replies I want to get to the meat of the this update and to show when and where I started my talent and I truly owe it to three men!!! Rayden aka Silvio, David = do I really need to say aka who he really is? oooh I should also point out another person who guided me too with some very helpful tips too Badsim who is not really that bad aka Cedric... These three men have really guided me along the ways and it was with Silvio's post here and Cedrics post following that really got me thinking.....

Quote from: Rayden on March 22, 2007, 04:50:51 PM
WELCOME TO PAGE 4
Well, I just went through the all of this MD, and like the others said, your improvement was great. Streams, rivers, canals, try to mix them and disguise the connections and always look for the real side. For example on this last picture, the river goes under the bridge and stops before the canal. Why, is there a depression, if so, why not adding a way out from the canal towards the river and make a small waterfall to flow to the river and aunder that bridge. This is the real side I was talking about. Look at this picture bellow, how the water comes from up in glaciar (ploppable water), into the rapids and waterfalls, flowing water down to a Peg's stream, and another waterfall flowing into a canal. All well disguised with ploppable rocks, trees, rapids and waterfalls or water effects to hide the flaws and always trying to replicate the RL. This is just one example, there is other people like David said, Aleking, Darmok, Jeronij, David himself, just to mention a few, that are great in this peticular aspect of the game. Try to follow carefully their MDs and you will learn a great deal with them. I know because I did it, and still do ;)

Anyway, you're doing a great job and certainly I'll keep on poping by to see your improvements.  :thumbsup:

OK so that was wisdom from Silvio who I started to take to heart... Now this is what Cedric had to say and what stuck out and really made me focus on what I was doing to get my perfection going...

Quote from: Badsim on March 23, 2007, 03:26:31 AM
Quote from: patfirefghtr on March 19, 2007, 03:01:43 PM

Badsim (X's 2) :  LOL Ty i know I'm gonna work on the canal soon i have a few ideas for it and i hope it will be good.
BTW you had said that you where Less convinced about the shore in the first picJust wondering what was wrong
so i can work it out?

So my opinion is that  your use of Sorchin'rocks is too massive  on the shore ; the way you pile up them distinctely by colors doesn't look natural at all... and you shouldn't use the three colors . I would try to continue the river , make a transition to ocean with a water fall , use only green or grey rocks on shore , try to keep the "pinky/brown" rocks at the feet of the cliff (personally I would remove these last ...  ::)

I know; criticism is easy , art is difficult ... :P

You what Cedric said couldnt have rang truer at all, "Criticism is easy, art is difficult" that is soo true but when its done after how many hours spent to get the pic right its soooo worth it! like here after I really started to hone in on the skills and get the name hammered down for guess what Waterfalls! Yes thats right for a long time this md had no real name it was bouncing around lol... But that is another tribute I owe to Cedric he did invertible named my MD for me when he said make a
Quotetransition to ocean with a water fall

that right there stuck out for a looong while in my head... Before I forget Thank you all for the warm welcome back and I promise soon I will post the new stuff but I want to bring a flash back of what I have done and thank all again!! BTW Happy Thanksgiving to all that are here in America and who ever else that may be celebrating it as well!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Badsim

Oh my ....

It was the early days of Devotion , we were a few tens active members ( but we aren't  more today with 72 000 members ...  ::) ) . If you had posted that picture from Waterfalls today , I would have said nothing , as it is bad !  :D

Welcome back Pat , I've seen so many people disappear from these forums ... that's life , not only nothing lasts , but sometimes life beats hard some of us , like  you . But your tremendous enthusiast is still legendary there . You've been truly missing indeed .

I hope you'll restart your MD  , I'll be a Waterfall's regular spectator  . You know , that picture is in fact really  and unexpectedly  striking . That's a hard realism dictatorship ruling SC4 today ( it was compulsorily underlying but I'm still wondering why no more fantasy  ()what() ) . I'm surely not the dictator himself , there's no dictator , but a servant with all its pejorative connotations for sure . Some call me « Master » , some disregard me ... my glory and my shame , I even not sure of that order . ( I need vacations ...  ::) )

So , do what you want , just have fun . (And  don't forget backups , like would have added Bernhard  :D )

:thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

noahclem

I also really like that waterfall mosaic in your last posting!  &apls

Looking forward to the next update! I'm sure you'll find there are a lot of new "toys" for SC4 that have become available sense you were last active ;)

rooker1

I hope this coming year is much better for you than the last my friend and that we see you around here more often than not.
I wish you all the best in the coming new year my friend!!
Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

rooker1

After about a year off, Pat has returned to us and what better way to show off his come back than to put Pat and his MD, "Waterfalls" right into the spot light of OSITM for a third time.  January's OSITM will be very interesting for sure with Pat here!

Congratulations from The SC4D Staff!! &apls
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Patrick, congrats on getting it for the third time !

I have no doubt it will be a great month with you my friend. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Battlecat

Congratulations on your third visit to OSITM and welcome back!   &apls &apls

Glad to see life is treating you better, I look forward to seeing what you share with us this month!

Pat

OMG wow I am soo very honored to be in OSITM for my third time wow!!! I have been working on my skills behind the scenes and this month I will show off why I think I still got my talent not to toot my own horn here lol... for most of you that know me and for the ones I would like you to know me here on SC4D I gotta keep humor and tell you how it is with Real Life I am not scared to say anything... I will tell you whats going and help you if ask for help as well... I will have actual update tomorrow or maybe later tonight depending if there is a few replies after I post just because how evil I can be lol.....

cheers till then

~Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Congratulations Pat. It warms my heart to see you and Waterfalls right back where you belong. There is no doubt in my mind that you still have the magic touch, so I'm eagerly awaiting the surprises you have planned for us. :thumbsup:

-Joan

zzsteven

Welcome back, Pat.

Congratulations on the OSITM. Am looking foward to what you have to show us. :)

zz

Pat

OK so lets see if I can remember how to do a proper update here lol... So anywho lets start here with a creek bed area I gotta fix up first

so that is the before shot and now here is the after shot,

Alright so lets run with these two shots for now for this first of many OSITM updates and cont. new updates of Waterfalls.... BTW if anyone remembers or knows the shortcut to take pics ingame please let me know thanks  :thumbsup:

rooker1

lmao.....
control/shift/s
Too funny Pat, thanks for the laugh, even if you didn't mean it. $%Grinno$% ;)

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Jmouse

That's some mighty foamy water you have there, Pat. I'll have to get you to show me how you got that effect.

BTW, in addition to using ctrl+shift+s, you can use clip2pic which you'll find here. It really comes in handy sometimes.

-Joan