• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Welcome to Elizabeth County

Started by projectadam, November 11, 2008, 12:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

projectadam

Replies and Getting Cranked up for the Weekend Update

Whew, it was an intense 24 hours with some major soul searching. Unfortunately, I had a lot placed in one of my cities that became an IMMORTAL LOT OF DEATH. Well, it lead to some other problems in the city and I actually lost one of my past regions due to a similar event (completely different lot). I was very bummed out and was contemplating what to do next when ScottFTL offered some advice and it WORKED. I was able to solve the problem so construction of the region is moving forward again. Look for a major update this weekend with a region shot and some more pictures but for something to hold you over in the meantime, I have prepared a mosaic. Enjoy...

Replies:

flyinbird93: Thanks for stopping by and any house in all of my regions is for sale if you want it "$Deal"$

Karin: Thanks for the compliments and since you enjoy the second picture so much, maybe I will enter it into the picture competition sometime ;)

kbieniu7: Thanks for stopping by and I have actually seen a lot of industry located in some very nice natural areas. Something that we will disagree on but I also look forward to your suggestions :)

blade2k5: Hmmmmmm, some plop rivers/streams and ponds in the works, please let me know when that project is wrapping up. Glad that you have enjoyed the rural communities. Stinkin Water Creek received its name because many of the early citizens of Henery would dump their waste into the creek. Do not worry though, once we get a little further along the EPA will come in and clean it up $%Grinno$%

The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

metarvo

%wrd
I promise you, I was worried for the fate of Braska when I read about your dilemma.  I'm glad that you got this problem sorted out, projectadam.  The teaser on 12/01/08 looks really good, and this latest one seems to show some signs of progress.  Isn't the SAM just the most wonderful mod?  There is so much that can be done with it, and you are using it quite well.  Additionally, the streams running through the most recent teaser add much to the scene.  Again, I am relieved that this MD is up and running again.  Keep up the good work, projectadam!  :thumbsup:  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Lilojame

Hi!
I am glad to hear that everything turned out ok. It would be a shame if you would loose your work thus far.  And the mosaic looks great!  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to see more.

Have fun,
Karin ()borg()

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Simpson

Wow, this is really fantastic, your region is looking super my friend
Incredible work  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

paroch

Nice mosaic there - I really like the feel you have created for that small town.

blade2k5

Nice mosaic of the farming town.  Looks a lot like home :D

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

flyinbird93

Hello me again /wave

I got some time tonight to go through and pick out a house.  I really enjoyed this picture, and I totally know what you mean by taking a long time to be that good.  That's why I choose it!  Looks great and really captures the Braska feel I think, why not remember it.  I took the liberty to label and crop it for ya :)

Denon333

Fantastic MD.Remember me?YYou replied at my thread.

Simpson

This picture looks really fine my friend, nice effect on it  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

projectadam

12/07/08 30 - 35 Years (Part A): Starting with the New Cities First

30 - 35 (Years Founded in Parentheses)
Kent (Year 32)
Imperial (Year 32)
Papillion (Year 32)
Anne (Year 32)
Clark (Year 32)
Franklin (Year 34)

Now we are getting cranked up with development. As you can see, six new settlements in a three-year time span. I am working to try to get a picture from every town but this update will focus just on the new towns. We will head to Kent to follow up on the teaser. Shipbuilding drove Kent's economy with its great location just past the falls on the Braska River. In this shot, we look at some residential areas and in the corner you can see one of the few farms located around Kent.

Imperial is the next town to be viewed. Industry was located on the outskirts of the farm sprawl and it did not take long for people to settle around the industry.

Papillion was founded around a mill that was built alongside Papillion Creek. The mill brought in many different immigrants and a wide range of culture can be seen in the architecture of the town.

Anne is located in the southwest and is just a small farming community. The community center is a hotspot of activity where farmers discuss crops, pests and who will win the annual Anne's Days pie eating contest.

The people of Clark take great pride of the clock tower located on Main Street. It was a gift from one of the wealthiest farmers in the area and distant cousin to the famous explorer William Clark. To honor Lewis and Clark's expedition that is rumored to have started near Clark, the clock tower can be found in many of the towns in the area.

Missionaries followed the Braska River to the Northeast and decided to build a church in the hills. Many others followed with dreams of exploration like Lewis and Clark but did not have what it took to be explorers and started their new lives in Franklin.

Hope you enjoyed the first half of the update and we will look at the other towns that have already been settled in the region.

Replies:

metarvo: It is hard to imagine this game without some of the things that have been created and the SAM is definitely one of those creations. Thanks for stopping by, always appreciate seeing you around :thumbsup:

Karin: Thanks for taking the time from your MD, which congratulations is in the OSIM. I have not visited for a while since this was such a major update but am for sure I will be spending some time there in the very near future &mmm

Simpson: Thanks for stopping by :)

flyinbird93: Consider it done. Although the area that you selected has been developed and no longer looks that way :-[ Thanks for taking a look though and for stopping by.

paroch: Thanks for taking the time to comment and for checking out Braska. I grew up in a town of 1200 people so I know the small town feeling very well. I am honored that you like the way that I have captured small towns ()stsfd()

blade2k5: If you do not mind me asking, where about is home? Born and raised in Nebraska here (Go Cornhuskers on the 1st) :blahblah:

Denon333: Of course, thanks for stopping by :)

Lilojame

Hi again!
Thank you very much!  :) And don't worry, it shall be there for you to visit when you will have time, I completely understand how hard it is to work on updates, deal with RL and keep track with MDs around at same time; so there is no hard feelings there. ;)
As to your shiny new update:
Very nice progress there! I very much like how you describe each photo and like the look of all six settlements, my favorite would probably be Franklin tho (haha, Mayor has the best spot!). Anns road looks great also (you are doing a great job on using SAM). In an overall I very much like what you are showing in here.  :thumbsup:
Oh, and by the way, since our good friend flyinbird93 has a property in here, I would love to buy one also. I was thinking about the brown house besides the Mayor house in Franklin. Love the view there and the stream. I know, that the mayor will probably want to evolve the location around there in years to come but regardless of that, I would still love to live there for few years at least. ;)

See you,
Karin ()borg()

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

projectadam

12/07/08 30 - 35 Years (Part B): The Foundation of Development

This update is coming out a little later than planned, I was hoping for a midweek update but here it is. We will just be looking back at all of the developed cities from 0 - 30 years. I have the game up to year 45 with three new cities but do not know if I will get that update published this week or not. Taking a little break to celebrate a very special event out of SC4, MY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY OF 4 YEARS ()flower(). I am sure the wife will enjoy the added attention :D

So, let us start in the past and move forward with the pictures.

New Jamestown (0)

Jacksonville (0)

Jacobsville (5)

West Platte (19)

Williamsburg (19)

Washington (22)

Beatrice (23)

Henery (29)

Suh (30)

Replies:

Lilojame: Thanks for coming by and commenting on Braska. As for the property, consider it yours "$Deal"$ Enjoy the stream and the sounds of frogs at night (I also heard that the fishing is excellent off the bridge) :thumbsup:

homefryes

Hi, projectadam -- just stopping by to say, nice work! Everything is looking so nice and peaceful!

— Don.
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

dandan 777

:satisfied: You're CJ is very inspirational! I especially like that picture of the town of henry. The river behind main street gave it an elegant touch. I look forward to seeing more pics!  &apls

paroch

Those are two very nice updates there.

I liked both Clark and Kent (Super choice of names  ::) by the way).  The village church is very English - and makes me think of some villages around where I live.

And the most recent update shows us some slightly more built up areas - which is nice for variety.  I liked the small markets in Jacksonville and Jacobville.

The people of Williamsburg sure are spoilt for choice when it comes to Chinese restaurants - is there a Chinese community there?

And then I notice the market in Washington - that looks mighty familiar!!  I like the way it is squeezed in between the buildings - a nice idea.  One thing I do notice about the centre of Washington (nice idea to have it paved int he centre and dirt roads round the edges btw) is the different sidewalk textures.  I think a sidewalk modd would really make a big difference as it would be much more uniform.  I started using one quite some time ago, and I think it was created by Jeronij, so you may want to search on the LEX.  I do think it would be time well invested if you had a look at it.

I really like suburbs in SC4 (have I mentioned that before??), so I like the shot of Beatrice very much.

And Henry is very nice as well.

All in all a great update you've shown here and it's interesting to see your region grow.

All the best

Paul

Lilojame

Hi there!
Darn, didn't see the connection between Clark and Kent until Paul pointed it out.  ;D On that note, I believe that he is referring to Street Side Mod for SAM and JRJ Street Side Mod , the wonderful downloads on Lex. They are both great, by the way.

As for your update, I like it very much once again! If there would be the regular asphalt roads there and slightly different residential then it would be 70% like my home town. In any case you are doing great job and it is  most interesting to see how your region is evolving.  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to see more,
Karin

projectadam

12/15/08 35 - 65 Years: Life will be Changed

35 - 65 (Years Founded in Parentheses)
Susanna (42)
Muddy Fork (42)
Karinstown (44)
Dell (47)
Yuna (47)

After the next update, life in Braska as we know it will be completely changed. The winds of changes are starting to blow and if anyone can guess what the major change is going to be they will be rewarded with a town named after them and maybe another special recognition that will be named later. This update is coming at an appropriate time because it is coming after just a few days of Braska's ONE-MONTH ANNIVERSARY!!! To celebrate the joyous occasion I thought I would recognize two individuals. Lilojame has posted the most times in my MD and a town in this update will be named in honor of her (Karinstown). On the day of the anniversary, I also ran a stat to see who had posted the most per day since their first post and one of the counties in Braska will be named Flying Bird County in honor of flyinbird93. Thanks everyone for making it a great first month and I hope that you are and will continue to enjoy this as much as I am. Thanks again and here are some pictures.

Susanna

With this set of photos, you will notice that we are moving further and further away from New Jamestown and industry is now becoming the major force for growth as the region starts to move away from agriculture. Farming will still play a major importance and will continue to grow but many towns will now be founded because of the industry that was started there.

Muddy Fork

Muddy Fork was named because on the far west side of the town, a creek splits into two creeks. I know, that is clever that the people were able to come up with that ::)

KARINSTOWN

Here it is the recognition for constantly encouraging me in this MD, Karinstown. Since it is a special honor, I thought I should do at least two different pictures. The one above shows the edge of Main Street and some of the businesses and the great architecture for the town. The one below shows the processing plant that is a major reason for the growth of the town.

Dell

Here is another example of industry driving the growth of a town. A major mining operation and other industry is what lead many flocking to this town in search of fortunes.

Yuna

The wealthy tycoon William Braylor knew that he could invest in a large amount of land just southwest of Anne for a low price. He decided he was going to launch his enterprise from this area as if he knew something that others did not yet. He named the town after his youngest daughter, Yuna.

As I said in the introduction, if you think you know what might be the major changes to the region just comment on Braska with your answer. To cheer up your Monday Blues how about some...

Replies:

homefryes: Thanks for stopping in and offering your encouragement. For those who have not checked out Don's work, you have to see how he is going to change the way we do power in SC4! Click on his signature to be taken to a magical place &apls

dandan777: I am honored that on your second day on the site you came by and posted in my MD! Thanks again for the encouragement and if you have any questions or need any help, feel free to ask the community or me. I was involved with several SC4 communities but have made SC4devotion my home because of the wonderful people here ;)

Paul and Karin: I am grouping your reply because I have a question that you both touched on. First the Clark Kent thing happened by accident and I did not even realize it until you mentioned it. Now for the question, I currently have the street side mod but do not have the SAM version. If I download that now will I experience any major problems with my already developed regions or should I be okay :-[ In addition, I was looking at the dependences and it required one that is locked by admins, is this because it is the package that is used for the NAM? If you or anyone knows the answers please do not hesitate to speak up.

metarvo

Great work, projectadam!  :thumbsup:  It looks like Braska is growing nicely.  I especially like the Dell pic, since it features so many different businesses.  As always, keep up the good work.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

blade2k5

Quoteblade2k5: If you do not mind me asking, where about is home? Born and raised in Nebraska here (Go Cornhuskers on the 1st) blahblah

Tomahawk Wisconsin.....Go Badgers :P

QuoteMuddy Fork was named because on the far west side of the town, a creek splits into two creeks. I know, that is clever that the people were able to come up with that Roll Eyes

Very clever :D  I mean, who would have thought of Muddy Fork for a name :D  Looks like a nice little town, especially with those cobblestone streets :thumbsup:  The processing plant in Dell looks to be a pretty good sized operation, how many are employed there?

All in all, very enjoyable updates and Braska looks like it's going to continue to boom, at least for the time being.  Look forward to the next update :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.