• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Dustin great job there so far and I am loving what you are doing!!!! I also love the video here to another fine find here!!  I am still in shock by your mosaics!!! I Do hope you have a great birthday and dont get to hooked on that DS it can be very evil lol hehehehe

Hey Dustin didnt realize with my post I dropped you into the best sellers section, so with that my friend a biiiiiiiiiiig hugh congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dsrwhat316

Most people know I enjoy a good mosaic  :thumbsup: Your industrial shots are awesome, Dustin!

Also, I hope you're having a happy birthday and let me be the first to welcome you to the Best Sellers section (in record time, I might add)!  &apls &apls

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Lilojame

Hi there again! First let me congratulate you on getting over 100th post in this marvelous MD of yours!

And second:

And third:
I liked the teaser very much! And as for the update I think it is flavless! A masterpiece at its best. Yet again you managed to do show us something interesting and beutiful.
I also very much liked your both videos (yep, my kids of music).  &apls

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Simpson

Hey dustin
First, :wings: Happy birthday my friend  ()flower()
Second, your new update is really incredible, all these mosaics are fantastic and so réalistic. These industries are very good  &apls
Congratulation for more than 100 posts in your super MD my friend.
I'm looking forward to the next update
Take care, David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

kimcar

:party: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :party:
Dear Dustin i guess you don`t know the rules of birthday , It`s us that we suppose to give you a gift , here you gave us 3 great ones.  ;D

Hey mate thanks to sharing those beauty , and excellent work very realistic and great layout. &apls &apls :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Welcome to Best Sellers, Dustin - what a fitting birthday gift! The mosaics are very well done - a little tricky at first, but it doesn't take long to master the technique.

The industrial areas look as good as can be expected - it is industry after all - and look far superior to most. And I appreciate the PS tips - gives me something to try out next weekend or so.

Marathon is phenomenal and must be setting records for popularity/rapid growth and quality of content. So if I may borrow one of your lines, "Keep up the good work, my friend!"

Later...
Joan

Earth quake

HAPPY BIRTHDAY To YOU
Wown this update is really, splendid, no fabulous, I love your indsutrial district.
Excellent choice for the JES and Tag_one bat.  &apls
And the details.  :o
And congrulation for your 100 comments, welcome to Best-sellers section.  $%Grinno$%

I'm impatient o see a new upadte.

Sheep49

Great update, Dustin! Mosaics look good. The last one is my favourite. :thumbsup: The choice of Jestarr's and Tag_one's BATs is superb too! Still, I see some Maxis industrials next to the highway, which is the source of a 0.5 minus point for this pic. I would also suggest making the whole embankment industrial green one. The transition from Marrast to that one doesn't look too good IMO. Apart from that, very good work :thumbsup:

Over info...
1. Happy Birthday ;)
2. Congratz on Nintendo DS :thumbsup: It's the great console
3. Good to see your MD here in Best Sellers

The last thing... I loved the Dire Strait's song. Really fits. Though another song came to my mind when looking at your update (WARNING: The song, as well as video is pretty haunting. Especially at night): Welcome To The Machine by Pink Floyd

See you later ;)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

art128

Dustin, first of all, happy birthday  :thumbsup:
now for these mosaics , they ares pretty good my friend , excellent photoshopping  &apls
looking forward to the next update !
Arthur

and BTW, welcome to the Best-sellers  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Fantastic mosaics there, Dustin! Great work on these areas! :thumbsup:

Also congrats on the new section (Best Sellers) &apls - in the first 10 days 100+ replies... Congrats for that, too... &apls &apls

And (belated)  :party: Happy Birthday :party: also from me.... :sunny:

metarvo

Sadly, I don't even have Photoshop  :(, but this still looks like a detailed and organized tutorial, Dustin.  I realize it's a little late, but I hope you had a happy birthday.  Although I hope you enjoy your new DS :), I wonder how it will affect your SC4 playing time.... $%Grinno$%
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

thundercrack83

Robin (rooker1): Thanks very much, Robin! It's always great to see you here, my friend!

Paul (paroch): Hi, Paul! Thanks for your LE advice and for your great support! I've already skimmed your tutorial, and I'll be checking it out more in-depth when I head back into the LE. Take care!

Pat: Thanks for your kind words, my friend! And for the bump into the "Best Sellers!"

Dan (dsrwhat316): Thanks, Dan! Much appreciated!

Lilojame: Wow! Thanks so much for the great birthday wishes, my friend!

David (Simpson): Thank you so much!

kimcar: Thanks, my friend! I thought I try to spread some of my birthday cheer with my friends here! Thanks for stopping by!

Joan (Jmouse): Hey, you stole my line! Just kidding, my friend—many thanks for your continued support!

Earth quake: Thank you, Earth quake!

Piotr (Sheep49): Thanks!

Arthur (art128): Hi, Arthur! Thanks so much, my friend!

bat: Belated is just fine with me! Thanks for your kind words! Come again!

metarvo: Don't worry, the DS shouldn't effect things too much. After all, it takes my SC4 game quite a little while to load up, anyway, so that'll give me DS time! Thanks for coming by!

Well, looks like Marathon has made it to the Best Sellers!

I don't even really know what to say—in just ten days, thanks to all of you, we've got over 100 comments and close to 2000 views! Your support is the best birthday present that I could have asked for, and without it, none of this would be possible! My thanks go out to each and every one of you!

Now that we're onto the Best Sellers, I figured that it would be prudent to get some kind of Table of Contents in my first post. In doing so, I decided to move the pictures from my initial post...

...here, for posterity.

The Table of Contents (in its current form, anyway) is now in my first post.

But, I'm not trying to pass off old pictures for new ones! No, that would be quite dirty. So, I bit of a teaser for where we will be heading in the future...

Looks like...nothing, right? Well, stay tuned, and hopefully I can clear things up!

Thanks again, to all of you, for not only your continued support here in Marathon, but for all the great birthday wishes I've received here and throughout SC4D. You folks truly are the greatest!

woodb3kmaster

It may be a little late coming, but happy 27th! I hope you had fun yesterday.

Thank you so much for that Photoshop tutorial - and showing the results! Not only did I find the tutorial really informative, you also made top-notch mosaics with it! I'll have to refer back to that update for future image-editing.

You really deserve your move up to Best Sellers, Dustin! Keep up the outstanding work!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Pat

Well I will fore sure be staying tuned to see how you clear things up!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Lilojame

You are welcome, my friend!

Nice looking table on your first page. Thats something I need to learn to do in future.  :D

Hmmm, that teaser, I believe, is a great founding block. I can already say that I like how you placed the highway and can imagine the exit and entance points on it...and walls... and... buh oh,ah, I will just wait and see what you have in store for us. But taking your previous work in this MD into consideration, I am preaty sure that a shugarcane candy shall be seen. :thumbsup:

Looking foward to see what you have planned!

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Jmouse

OK, I checked up on you and the TOC is legit - looks better than the one I did! :P

Now I'm waiting to see how you deal with the multi-level terraces and transport routes you've created. I've stubbed my toes on those elements several times in the past, so watching yours develop is sure to be interesting and informative!

Later...
Joan

emilin

Factory takes his hearing. Factory gives him life.

Probably the best Springsteen song ever. :thumbsup:

Wonderful updates over here. And it's moving on really fast too - which is very impressive considering the attention you are giving to details. Very good work indeed. &apls

Edit: and a rather late HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from me aswell.
&dance &dance &dance &dance &dance

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

metarvo

It looks like we will get to see a sunken highway.  Of course, I'm positive that it will be skillfully designed, judging by what I already seen in Commonwealth of Marathon.  It also looks like there will be more seawalls, so there may even be a port.  This teaser has me waiting for another update in this marvelous MD, Dustin.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

bat

Nice teaser(s) there! And looking forward to the "end-version" of that area... :thumbsup:

Earth quake

Ahhh, a new update dustin.  $%Grinno$%
Excellent job, this really beautiful.
Just splendid and more realistic.   ;D
I like the usa style.  &apls

This my favourite MD.  ::)