• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rainbow Falls - OSITM part 26-27

Started by Lilojame, October 31, 2008, 11:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesinjid

Wow nice updates! Glad you could help me with the perspectices! &apls Really loving that region view! So much green!

sincitybaby

Dang!  I can't read fast enough to keep up with these updates!  I liked your tutorial, it was very helpful.

Great job, keep up the great work.

JBSimio

Hi Karin,

I've skipped a couple replies, but I've been checking in.  Laljublja City looks quite a bit more crowded than Laketown... but still quite nice.  You use a pretty wide variety of buildings and they all seem to work together very well.  The region view is also most impressive!  It's nice to see that you still have a ways to go.  That way, I know you won't be moving on anytime soon... :D

See you next time!
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

projectadam

Karin,

I think one of my favorites of your pictures has to be the first black and white of your lucky 13 series. Hope that RL is treating you better and that you are solving the problems. Hang in there and have a great remainder of the month, maybe it would be a good time to go to your vacation house in Franklin :D
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

bat

That's a really great picture there! And the area looks beautiful! :thumbsup:

btw, this should be my 6450th post!

paroch

WOW!  Laljublja City is really beautiful - it looks a great place.  The railway viaducts certainly add something different and I'm glad to see that there is a football stadium there too.

And the region view is also STUNNING.  What a great region you have there.  The massive waterfall is really special.

And congrats on your upload to the LEX - well done.

All the best,

Paul

Lilojame

Hi all! Well, it is time for another update. Today you shall be able to see a sideshow featuring all the waterfalls of Rainbow Falls. But before we go to that, the queen is sending you 3 postcards from RF to you:

And for the end of todays update, a slideshow... so don't forget to turn up the speakers if you want to hear David Bowie:

I hope that you liked todays update. I sorry for its short nature but as I already said it was my family day today. Tomorrow tho, we shall have a properly long one. Thank you for visiting!

Hi bluesinjid! Thank you very much! I am glad that you like the region view! And hey, you are welcome on the perspective thingy. If there is anything else that you would like to see an tutorial about, let me know. ;) I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
sincitybaby! Thank you very  much! I am glad that you found tutorial to be helpful! Well, when the OSITM time ends the updates will be coming a bit slower tho. Hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Jon! Thank you very much! I am glad that you like the region view and find Laljublja nice. Haha, well, there is still some place in this region to build upon but not so much. If I will have excessive time then it should be finished by the new year but well, with that, as already said, this MD will be still ongoing tho. Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
projectadam! Thank you very much! The RL is still a so-so but well, knowing Murphys laws it can get even worser, so it is not so bad after all, lol. I will definitely take a few days holidays in Franklin!!! ;D I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
bat! Thank you very much! I am glad that you like the picture and the area and congrats on your 6450th post!!! I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Paul! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked Laljublja and the region view! Well, it would be peaty dtrange region there if there would be no football stadiums no where and there are actualy more of them around, I just usually don't capture them.  :) I hope to hear from you again!

Thank you all for visiting and commenting! I appreciate it very much!

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

paroch

Oh yes, very nice postcards there.  Those waterfalls really are stunning.

art128

Sorry Karin for not posting here before for the lasts updates. &ops
All these pictures looks fantastic my friend, great work !  :thumbsup:
As always, your slideshows ares awesome !  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Nice new pictures there! Your images are great! And wonderful work on them!
And another great slide show! Nice work on it, too!

Looking forward to the 14th update... ;)

Lilojame

Hi all and welcome to 14th day of OSITM!

Todays update shall be again just slightly different, meaning we shall have a look at a town that is still under construction and far from finished. You shall notice that I left grid on. Please note, that that was done intentionally to stress out that the city is not as it will be at the end (probably in tomorrows update).

But before we travel to Evelyn Hope, I suggest that we look at the traffic view of Rainbow Falls:

I am guessing that you are wondering where in Rainbow Falls is located Evelyn Hope. Am I right? Well, if I am, then you shall wonder no more after looking at picture below:

And now that we know towns location and are more familiar with the traffic network, I suggest that we take the fastest road to Evelyn Hope and have the first quick glimpse of how it is growing up:

Oh good, you are already here! I hope that you traveled well. If you didn't stopped for a snack in between then I am sure that you shall be able to find a nice establishment somewhere in Evelyn Hope after we finish this quick tour.

Evelyn Hope was at its beginning a farming community and in majority it still is.

So that was few years back. It didn't much changed from that time to today except that more people moved to Evelyn Hope, more farms was build and of course roads.

So on this day Evelyn Hope is a low density town with some manufacturing and hi-tech industry around. The queen has still plans for this part of Rainbow Falls and it is said that after she will finish her consulting with urbanologists, architects and alike she will employ few of the best construction mages, yes literary wizards, to bring those plans to life over the night (again take that literary please). So you are invited to spend the night in local hotel (don't worry, it is free of charge this time) so that we shall be able to continue the tour tomorrow and see the final look of Evelyn Hope.

And now, that you know all that it is to know for now, I suggest that we actually check todays Evelyn Hope:

So with that todays tour is over. I am sure that you are in a need of rest and relaxation or well, maybe even some partying. Worry not, the driver shall take you to the hotel where you can fresh up and then explore the 5-star hotel service.

Just remember that tomorrow we shall continue our tour in Evelyn Hope so don't forget to get some rest also.

Hi Paul! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the postcards and the waterfalls! I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Arthur! Thank you very much! Hey, don't worry if you miss an update or two, I hold no grunges! ;) I am glad that you like the pictures and slideshows and hope to hear from you again!

Hi
bat! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the slideshow and the pictures! Well, the 14th update is here and I do hope that you will like it. The 15th shall be even longer tho. I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
lurkers! Thank you very much for visiting! I do hope that you like the updates in here (Cant really know, right? ;) ). It would be nice if you would say "Hi" at least once but of course you are welcome to simply lurk around if you prefer so.  :)

EDIT: A funny thing... this is 290th post of Rainbow Falls MD and at same time it is also the 290th post in my personal post count over SC4D. :D

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

un1

Nice updates! Your cities are forming very well. Don't you think that the farms are a bit bumpy? 

-un1

sincitybaby

I love your small town, and also your farms are great as well.

metarvo

Very good, Karin!  It looks like Evelyn Hope is going to be a nice small town.  If there's a five-star hotel, though, it sounds to me like that must be the biggest thing going in Evelyn Hope.  I apologize for not posting more, but RL's been kind of awful to me lately :(.  Keep up the good work, Karin.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

JBSimio

Great update, Karin!   &apls

It probably comes as no surprise that I'm a big fan of farming communities, and Evelyn Hope looks like a very nice one.  I really appreciate the traffic view... it's always nice to see how things tie together.  I've very curious to see the development just to the left of Evelyn Hope.  It looks very structured and symmetrical... which is something that always seems to interest me.

Hope all is going well,
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Lilojame

Hi all! This update should be done yesterday but I had some connection problems. :/

Anyhow, today we shall continue the tour around Evelyn Hope, which is a finished city now. In todays update you will see quite a nice number of pictures alas there shall be no clicking on them today but I added the un-edited versions to the sideshow which will follow.

So the queen stopped talking and further building has begun and is finished now. Since I don't feel quite myself today, I suggest that we simply move on and see the pictures of Evelyn Hope (there is 14 of them):

And for the end of todays update, I give you a sideshow (39 pictures):

With that we concluded todays update and I hope that you liked it.

Hi un1! Thank you very much! Well, it might seem as such but here where I live there are farm-fields that are not smooth, but thak you for your input very much! I do hope to hear from you again!

Hi
sincitybaby! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the town and farms! I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
metarvo! Thank you very much! Well, Evelyn Hope has evolved and is not so small anymore, tho. It most definitely is the biggest thing. I would of course show the hotel but there is a "no photos" policy around it so that all the celebrities can have some peace here. :D No need to apoliage, I am having a terrible RL at the moment also so I completely understand. I do hope tho, that things will turn out good for you! I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Jon! Thank you very much! It really doesn't come as a surprise. ;) Well, Evelyn Hope has a mixture of all now, but farming still prevails tho. I am glad that you liked the traffic view. I have to admit that the traffic is a really really weak spot of mine but I hope that at least I am evolving on that subject. I promise to show the development on the left in tomorrows update but that was just a helper tile actually and will be probably exchanged for some more farm fields in future. I hope to hear from you again!

Thank you all for visiting and commenting! I appreciate it very much!

paroch

Evelyn Hope is looking really good there Karin -both early days and the current version.  Those farmers must have hard work working those steep fields!!

I like the low density housing suburbs - they look really good (I like a good suburb).

And it's great that these updates had soooooo many good pictures for us to view.

All the best

Paul

thundercrack83

Hi, Karin!

So much great stuff to see and so little time to see it, my friend! You've ben doing a wonderful job with your time in OSITM, it makes me so happy!

I'll be looking forward to seeing what's next!

Dustin

TheTeaCat

Hi Karin

Superb updates , wow I had quite a few to catch up on but that made it all the more enjoyable.
This is always a very stunning MD - a veritable feast for the eyes and those slide shows ..
beautifully done  &apls &apls

Where do you find the time? I find it hard to keep up with all the updates here and thats just reading them ::)
let alone play the game, make the updates and everything else and RL too :D

I look forward to what you have in store for us

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

projectadam

Life moves pretty fast here at Rainbow Falls, thought I was up-to-date and I have noticed I have missed two updates. Everything is looking great as always Karin. I have to ask, what functions did you use to make that wonderful traffic view?
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)