• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rainbow Falls - OSITM part 26-27

Started by Lilojame, October 31, 2008, 11:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

Karin, your updates are a delight to behold! I love story-based MDs, but this is the first I've seen which combines history and fantasy so well. You have a unique way of combining elements like BATs and props with high-quality photo-editing skills to produce amazing results. I see great things in Rainbow Falls' future!

Later...
Joan

bat

These two towns are looking fantastic! Great work on them! They are beautiful!
And wonderful animation of that rain...! Nice! :thumbsup:

Pat

Karin you been busy here wow and i havent noticed baaaad me geez's.... you need to let me know as well when you update by PM so I can keep up with you!!! Looking real good here!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JBSimio

Hi Karin,

I really like the picture of the bridge with the waterfall directly behind it a few updates back (the fourth picture, I think?).  All these images and animations are just great... I'm frankly at a loss for words.  I suppose I could stick with things like "great,"  "wow,"  "really nice" etc etc etc... but I feel that none of those really do justice to what you've shown here.  So instead I just sit here, stare in disbelief, and wonder what to say.  :D

I guess that  &apls  will have to work...

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

sithlrd98

Hello again Karin,

You have amassed quite a few wonderful pics of your cities...I can't keep up with all of the updates and such! Every time I come here its like , did I check that flash or the new slide show , or did I see that correctly. Its almost a visual overload...in a very good way! I have yet to keep a city for more than a week , let alone multiple cities that mesh so seamlessly. I love the PS work as much as what is underneath , and thank you for sharing!

Jayson

Lilojame

And yet again it is time for an update... after it I shall do some personal relies...

I did not planned the Return To Innocence for today, but the Queen demanded so... and who am I to go against the will of the Queen?!

And before we start, as promised, a view of the Rainbow Falls as it is today:

Do you remember what happened with few workers  in one of the past updates? No? Well, let me slightly refresh your memory. The queen sent her scouts to explore beyond the borders of her little kingdom and after that the roads were build but the workers mysteriously vanish. After some time, it was discovered that an Indian settlement is near-by.

The queen did not know what to do with them, but after a long hours of consulting with her most trusted scout Six-Sky Running-Wolf, she decided to visit the chief Khehtakhnchoonka (on picture below) and negotiate peaceful co-existence.

But everything did not went so smoothly as it might seem now. When the Queen decided to return on her castle she was ambushed by few tribes-mans, lead by vicious "wise woman" One-eye-Rat (picture below).

The Queen, worry not, survived tho without a bruise. It was luck that the Princess of the Tribe Singing-Bird (picture below) heard the One-eye-Rat chanting around the holy stone and summoning the spirits of the past to harm the Queen. Singing-Bird gathered few of the mightiest warriors and lead them into the forest to save the queen.

One-eye-Rat vanished in the heat of battle and was not seen anymore. The tribe needed a new Shaman and after long discussion between the elders they decided that Flying-Raven (the picture down) shall fit this role.

So, today we have a unique opportunity to travel to the Indian Settlement with the exquisite invitation from the chief Khehtakhnchoonka.

Since there are no roads to the settlement, we will have to travel by foot. Be careful tho, for One-eye-Rat might be lurking somewhere in the shadows...  ???

And today, I also have for you about 4 min long slide-show so don't hesitate to click on the picture below and do not forget to turn up your speakers.

I hope you have enjoyed todays update!

Hi metarvo! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the flashes and who knows, maybe more rainbows shall be visible in future but let me say, that you have a very keen eye. ;) Hope to see you here again!

Hello
sincitybaby! Thank you very much! Hope to see you here again.

Hi
flyinbird93! Thank you very much! And might I say, that I find you MD FlyinBird´s Eye View Showcase start an interesting one and worthy of seeing. Hope to see you here again!

Hello
Joan (Jmouse)! I am delighted to hear that you are pleased with the little story going on here and well, there shall be much more of it in the times to come when we discover the other places on this planet where Rainbow Falls reside. ;) Looking foward to hear from you again!

Hi
bat! Thank you very much! I am glad that you like those two towns and the rain animation! Hope to see you here again.

Hey
Pat! Haha, it happens even to the best ones, so dont worry about it. ;) I will pm you next time (like today :D). I am glad that you like the works in here! Looking forward to see you here again!

Hi
JB! I am glad that you liked the fall behind the bridge, specially more-so, because it took quite some time to get it "right" and I enjoyed creating that part tremendously. :) Thank you very much for your words! I hope, that you shall visit RF again!

Hey
Jayson (sithlrd98)! I am very glad that it is to your liking what you have seen here thus far! I should probably update a bit less but since right now I have enough time I use it for this (besides other SC4 related and not-related things). Thank you very much for your word! I hope you shall find time to visit Rainbow Falls again!

Thank you all for visiting and leaving your wonderful comments!

And by the way, if anybody wants those little tipi's in todays update, let me know.  ??? They were bated and lotted specially for this update and I didn't intend them for uploading BUT if somebody would need them I can have them up quickly.

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

metarvo

You have constructed another marvelous update, Karin.  :thumbsup:  The teepees add much detail to the Indian settlement, and you have BATted them very well.  The slideshow is also quite nice.  Great work, Karin.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

dsrwhat316

My first visit here and I am thoroughly impressed  &apls!

Rural areas is the only thing I haven't fully mastered yet, so I hope to come here and get motivated to do so. I should try and drop by more often!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

thundercrack83

More wonderful stuff here, Karin!

Your pictures and backstory are just fabulous!

Keep up the good work!

Dustin

Pat

Karin wow!!!! What can I say is but WOW I love Indian stories as since I live in well indian country in Northren Wisconsin and needless to say you did a most fantastic job here!!! I love those teepee's and I think those would be a great addition to the LEX honestly!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

kimcar

Super update again Karin. &apls &apls I know i repeat myself but it`s your fault. You just have to do some ugly one  ;D Seriously sorry if i miss the last one but it was a great one too. You are a master of effect wow very well done. :thumbsup: As for the tipi , yes i`m interest to it if you upload them , but i have to tell you that i`m not gonna use soon but i will do for sure. Have a nice day my friend  ;)

Lilojame

Since today is again a family day (quality time with kids) I decided to post a teaser sooner as I would otherwise ...

And on the side note (something I came across while playing), if you didn't know, even animals in Rainbow Falls use the highway... :D

If you want to achieve that effect ( $%Grinno$%) then all you need to do is build a land bridge that is not to high and use a "god mode tree planter" (like for example Italian River tree controller) over it.  ;D

Hi metarvo! Thank you very much for your nice comment! Hope you shall stop by again.

Hi
Dan ( dsrwhat316 ) and welcome to Rainbow Falls! I am glad that you found your way here! Thank you very much for your nice comment and let me assure you, that Rainbow Falls shall always welcome you.

Hey
Dustin (thundercrack83 )! Always glad to hear from you, thank you very much! I hope that with new assignments and responsibilities acquired you shall still find the time for a visit. ;)

Hey
Pat! Thank you very much! Well, sadly here are no Indians around but I know few tho and I am always fascineted by their culture and art-works. I will test the lots a bit more (and add a color or two) and when ready send them for scrutinizing.

Hi
kimcar, my friend! I am repeating myself also, but hey, how else to say "thank you very much" as exactly like that. ;) So thank you very much for your nice comment. Well, the pack is ok for my own usage right now, but before I can consider uploading them I need to polish them, so they should be ready for that in about a week. ;) Hope to see you here again!

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Pat

Hey Karin that is awesome News indeed in the mean time if you need anyone to test anything I would be more the happier to test out!!! also if you need any other histroy dug up too I love searching if havent noticed that either yet lol.... I love that teaser and how the animals have to use the mass tranisit as well too!!!

see you next time your friend,

Patrick

paroch

Hey great work here Lilojame.  I think this is my first post here. 

I love your region view shots - they are VERY impressive.  And the clouds really add to it (maybe I'll have to try that!!)

The Indian Settlement is very well done, those teepees look really good.

And the choice of music for the slideshow really made it extra special.

All the best,

Paul

Simpson

Wow, excellent work here. The last update is looking super, you have done a fantastic nature areas  &apls
Bravo my friend  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

flyinbird93

HAHA that's great, animals on the highway.  Great images, on that overview last update, how many tiles does that cover?  looks huge!  Oh and thanks for the plug in your replies ;)  Advertising doesn't come free, so i'll be sure to put something up for rainbow falls!

metarvo

I've seen the occasional deer run across a highway before, but never this.  I always wondered if the deer/bears/horse/etc. obeyed the "(insert animal) crossing" signs we have in the States in the same manner that pedestrians are supposed to use crosswalks.  Of course, in this case it seems as though they are using the highway itself as the mode of travel.  It's a good thing that there are no cars using the route though, since that would make it unsafe for the animals and the traffic. /wrrd%&  This teaser is good, but it makes me want more. :thumbsup:  I do await the next update, Karin.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

TheTeaCat

Hey Karin
I'm Drooling over your pics :D
What superlative has not been used for such fabulous pics, flash files, videos.
You have great skills in PS that I would dearly love to have.

The slideshow was a perfect thing to watch while having breakfast - lovely choice of music too &apls

It is such a feast for the eyes when I visit your MD (and I got a few ideas too :D) so I'll be looking forward to what you next have in store for us.

Enjoy this cuppa whiler spending time with your family- you've earned it

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

art128

Karin, these lasts updates are fantastic, great work on this city  &apls The region is awesome my friend  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat