• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ram - Initial thoughts and Draft ideas

Started by Tolsome, January 30, 2008, 06:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tolsome

RAM - Railway Addon Mod.

First of all, the RAM ist since many month (years? XD) in discussion and I think with the SAM-System and the RHW-System could be possible to make a RAM.

The RAM 0.1 could be included following:
- Single Railway
- multiply Railway,  RAM3 and RAM4 an one tile.
- more multiplay Railway RAM5 to RAM6 one two tiles.

- different textures (like SAM) (I'm working on it and I hope other people can help me)
- complete signals (European version already finished)
- complete and new gates (European version already finished)

Updates:
- Auto Train

I hope I can find some good modder, where are interested in doing something like this. We have nice new roads an other street networks. Now it's time for the train!

Andreas

The RAM (as a NAM Plugin) won't contain any stations, that's for sure. Can you show us the textures you're working on? Also, which signals are you referring to? The ones that royal from the SFBT created? I doubt it would be possible to place them all correctly with T21 exemplar files, because the game simply cannot decide which signal is appropriate for which situation. As far as I'm aware of, the gates are still in the works, unless you're talking about other ones, and then I'm eager to see some pictures as well. :)
Andreas

jplumbley

I would assume your talking about the proposed mod I would like to start..  but havent had time yet.

As with SAM it will take some months to get a BETA together.. SAM BETA 1 came out 3 months after initiation and SAM BETA 2 was 3 months after that.  Lets just assume I started today, it would probably be atleast 3 months, but then there are other things involved with the Rails than just the ortho's of the Streets.  I will not touch stations, nor will I touch T21s for the first couple of BETA releases.  Curves will have to be puzzle pieces.

What will I do?

Variations:
NOB Textures
NCD Textures (I will try to work in the wider versions for rail yards etc.)
Arkenbergejoe's 3 El-HRail Sets
If anything else comes along.. it will be evaluated.

But again, the issue is time and I have a couple other things that have priority on this.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Tolsome

@jplumbley: We have now so many nice different streets, but nothing for the rail. I think it would be time for it. ;)
And I know that the working on a mod doing many of month, but that is no problem. Time of time a piece of the mod. ;)

@andreas: I know. I mean "special" stations and single railway stations, special for the Single-Railways. But this most not include in the NAM. This comes as a own building maybe in the Kurier and in the LEX.
Yes, the things from royal. ;)

Godzillaman

This is what the game needs. Show us a pic soon?
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

jplumbley

Quote from: Tolsome on January 30, 2008, 08:58:39 AM
@jplumbley: We have now so many nice different streets, but nothing for the rail. I think it would be time for it. ;)
And I know that the working on a mod doing many of month, but that is no problem. Time of time a piece of the mod. ;)

I understand your feelings (I have them too)... but this is not going to happen for a while.  You must be patient because "I" only have a limited amount of time and will not be able to mod something like this for a while.  There are only a handful of people who can mod this, Tarkus, myself and Memo would be the most recently active.  Tarkus is busy with RHW/MIS, I am busy with packaging NAM Simulators, a new Turning Lanes Plugin and SAM additions and error fixes.  Memo, he comes out of nowhere with new stuff all the time and really...  What he does is a surprise and will not be something someone has asked him directly for.

IF... you want to learn how to RUL, you can, follow my RUL 0x10000002 Tutorial  I will give you support and answer questions on this but... I dont have time to do it for you and you wont find anyone else that does either.

Quote from: Godzillaman on January 30, 2008, 09:02:41 AM
This is what the game needs. Show us a pic soon?

There are no pictures because I and noone who can RUL this has not even attempted to start it.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Tolsome

@jplumbley: Can you change the SAM, that it would be work with the rail?

jplumbley

Quote from: Tolsome on February 01, 2008, 06:24:04 AM
@jplumbley: Can you change the SAM, that it would be work with the rail?

Not directly.  I can build a version of RAM, but it will take me a few months to create the base set of RULs because of the amount of time I have and the number of extra textures Rails have compared to Streets.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

RebaLynnTS

I might be able to help out with textures. Starting to get pretty good at it :)
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

dedgren

I'm already working on wide-radius curves and fractional angle (~15 degree) diagonals.

If there's genuine interest and a real desire to work in the next few months, I'm happy to set up a team area- PM me with the skills you'd like to contribute over the next little bit or so, and watch for further developments.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Filasimo

and of course David, ill gladly provide the guide when the mod gets to that point  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Frankie

If you can give me a few days, I can make some crossing cantilevers and gates, for every network (cept highways, obviously..). Even different ones for various parts of the SAM if you're interested... I'll see if I can dig up some modern railroad crossing textures too.

Tolsome

hi  :)
first of all, thank you, that you all help me, with this project.

My plan for this project is to make different textures for the railways. For industry, for rural areas, for high speed routes and the textures in a USA and in an European Edition.

In the next step the plan is to make a Single Rail and Multirails, lik RAM 3, RAM 4, RAM 5 and RAM 6. ;)
And finally new "addons" for the railway -> wider curves, your nice S-curve and other things like this. And a autotrain. ;)

It would be very great, when you help me and when we can do it together in a RAM Team. :)
But bevor we start, we must plan, how and what each other do.

Tolsome

Meastro444

i suggest this be a part of the Nam board, not a forum on its own ;)

anyway, i hope this comes through :thumbsup:
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Jonathan

Quote from: Meastro444 on February 03, 2008, 08:30:10 AM
i suggest this be a part of the Nam board, not a forum on its own ;)

anyway, i hope this comes through :thumbsup:
That is what I was thinking as it will be like the SAM, dependant on the NAM.

JoeST

Yeah, doesn't really make sense as a separate team board, as it is an addon to the NAM

cant wait for some progress, and I am up for testing

And if this has its own board, why not have separate boards for the SAM and the RHW etc

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

dedgren

This project and the team will be developing NAM plugins; please be assured of that.  Membership on the NAM Team, however, is not automatic and it will be good for the RAM Team and the content that it develops to have some additional visibility, at least during the initial phases.  Don't worry- close cooperation with the NAM Team is presumed and will certainly be a RAM Team priority.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Tolsome

Stop please.

I understand nothing what you mean.
The RAM is the same thing, like the RHW, the SAM, etc.
All this mods is included into the NAM.

And we hope that the RAM can included into the NAM in the future, too.
All poeple, where want to help me, can post here things, we can plan it together, etc.

But the RAM is NOT a own ADDON, like the NAM.

royal

Now THATS a theme  :thumbsup:
Rail is my favourite network in Sim City, and I made some things for it. Nardo helps me with some german railway signals, and wouanagaine sent me some tips on making animated props like gates for crossings.
Perhaps I can show you some pictures.
Here are form (semaphore) signals of former West Germany :

http://img383.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bersichtrw1.png
- Main signals, "Vorsignale" (shows the status of the main signal, distance between Vorsignal and main signal = 1000 meters), signals for BÜ`s ( railroad crossings), Vorsignalbaken (shows that a Vorsignal is comming).

http://www.myimg.de/?img=NeueStadt8Feb00118614443d0.jpg
- Crossing signals for avenue, street and road, I tried to make diagonals, too.

http://www.myimg.de/?img=NeueStadt23Jan0011860303f1.jpg
- zoom on the railroad crossing ( bad quality)

http://www.ld-host.de/upload/1174225944Signale1.JPG
- KS (Kompaktsignale, compact signals), Hauptsignal = main signal, Signalbrücken = signal bridge, rot = red, weiß = white, grün = green | Sperrsignal = no train is allowed to pass

http://www.ld-host.de/show/753 http://www.ld-host.de/show/752
- and more signals from west Germany :D

I hope that I can help you :)
Member of the SimForumBatTeam (SFBT)

Shadow Assassin

Perhaps this is a good idea for it to get its own area, because it means that the RAM wouldn't just be limited to the extra network features, but lots and stations too.

While the RAM itself is closely integrated with the NAM, this would be a perfect opportunity for a series of stand-alone lots [stations] and mods that are not included with the NAM, to allow maximum usability of the extra network features.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!