• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Greater Terran Region

Started by Haljackey, December 28, 2007, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

that is AWESOME DUUUUUDE :)

also ace on the custom title hehehe.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

metarvo

That's incredible, Hal.  You may be relatively new to mosaics, but it seems like you're becoming quite skilled at making them. :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

etherian

Hey Hal, excellent supermosiac, its nice to have a little GTR back in my life.
Will need to catch up on all those missed updates though ;D
Typographia - Type as Cities" border="0

Types as Cities | Now Showing: Lucida

flyinbird93

aww i cant click it to see it better on my phone :(  cant wait to see it on pc though it looks huge!  If it is supposed to link you may check it, or maybe its just me :)

Haljackey

Replies:

bluesinjid:  Why thank you!  Yes, I have parks here and there, its just not s skyscraper forest :P
-You can download that building here: http://descargas.capitalsim.net/?sitio=csc&descarga=823
-Download at "Descargar" text, hope that helps!

deathtopumpkins:  Thank you very much!  I hope you enjoyed those pics, yes some stuff is still lost because of the hack,  that sucked!

un1:  lol, sorry un1!  Thanks a lot!

nerdly_dood:  Thanks!  Hehe... we will get by.

JoeST:  Hey, thanks a lot Joe, glad you liked it!

mrtnrln:  Isn't it?  You should see the natural resolution, nearly 25,000 pixels!
-Its 80mb in size, and would certainly overload your browser if I uploaded it.

metarvo:  Thanks, that means a lot!  Still very new to photoshopping too!

etherian:  Thank you!  Go right ahead, I'm not taking them down!

flyinbird93:  Hehe, sorry!  I hope you enjoy it!

Update Time!

Well, if anyone didn't already know, Youtube has gone widescreen!  All my videos now have those stupid black bars on all sides because of the change...

But no longer!  I have uploaded SC4's first, true widescreen video, taking advantage of Youtube's new 16:9 player.  Enjoy!

Widescreen Video

A 16:9 Youtube video box should appear below.  If you can't see it or are having problems, follow the link below it.  Oh, and make sure you turn up your speakers!

http://www.youtube.com/v/VPRXKROo95k&fmt=22&ap=%2526fmt%3D22

Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPRXKROo95k&fmt=22

I hope you enjoy it!  A new era of GTR videos has begun!

Best,
-Haljackey

JBSimio

Quote from: Haljackey on December 02, 2008, 03:20:26 PM
JBSimio:  Thank you very much!  What do you mean, not your favorite thing?  (The goal of SC4 is to turn your small village to a bustling metropolis!)  But, I guess we all have our own strongsuits.  I hope to see you back!

I simply meant that I'm not really a fan of huge cities with populations in the millions... whether they be in real life or not.  Actually, I think one of the greatest things about SC4 is that there are no pre-defined goals.  The game is completely what each individual person decides to make it.  One person's goal might be a bustling metropolis, while another person's goal might be a pristine natural setting, while another person's goal might lie somewhere in between.  It's not really about strengths, but about personal tastes and what each person sets out to accomplish at the beginning of a new region.

Anyway... that really is quite a mosaic!  Very impressive indeed!   &apls

Til next time,
JB

*Edit:  Crap... new update!  I'll have to watch that one when I'm not on the work computer though... :D

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

metarvo

Wow, that video is something else, Hal.  Widescreen is a wave of the future, but it seems as though you've adapted to it quite well.  I always look forward to your videos.  I can't say too much about any specifics, though.  I don't want to spoil this wonderful video for anyone else.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

jmdude1

another great video haljackey. a bit different from the others though, theres no traffic or conrete jungle.  i was waiting for a train or 2 to pass you on those tracks parallel to the road.

un1

Very nice video hal! I will be awaiting more videos. ;)

-un1

Tarkus

The new wider video format works pretty darn well, I must say!  It's an interesting change of pace to see a more rural area, too.  That looked like a rather fun road to take a drive down--and I liked how you included the RHW-2 bridge in there.  :thumbsup:

The Supermosaic is also fantastic--it really gives a good perspective of just how intricate your transit networks are.  :)

Looking forward to seeing what #104 brings . . .

-Alex

sithlrd98

Super mosaic? You still had half the page to fill!  :D Great job on the video...love the use of the FAR and , did I notice a RHW bridge...yeah , your such a tease!
That avenue curve looks familiar...glad to see your getting some use outta them!  :thumbsup:

Jayson

flyinbird93

hey i posted on your youtube account too, but great video!  It really is fun to see what giant cities you can build and yet you still have peacefull hill sides :D

Lilojame

Nice mosaic there and the video was interesting to watch also!

Have fun,
Karin ()borg()

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

nerdly_dood

O_O Whoa! That RHW-2 bridge is awesome! Your video reminds me that I should get your blue and white police van to you eventually... (It was mine but then I got bored with it...  :D)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

bat

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

deathtopumpkins

heh, the music gave me quite a fright when that video first started...  :D Should have checked the speaker volume first.  ;)

Wow, I did not know you could do rural areas... that RHW-2 looks like a nice drive. I think the giant cut in the ground's a little unrealistic though.  :P And where exactly in the region was this taken?

The rural scenery's great!  &apls

Oh, but one more thing: Kill the Maxis trees!  &mmm
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Simpson

:o :o As well a fantastic update here, this vidéo is incredible my friend  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Pat

OMG Hal wow I umm speachless!!!! OK something generic to say here, hmmm "great job" LoL no really beyond that with this video Hal.... I just don't know what to say!!!

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie