• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

straha

Plunderer, thank you so much for the HSR generator!  Works like a dream!  One question I have now...I am using the NAM Z simulator and was wondering...should the HSR visually appear to go faster than the standard rail, or should all rail appear to go the same speed?
- Straha, the Bard of Hackney

wes.janson

Quote from: straha on June 05, 2009, 09:32:33 PM
Plunderer, thank you so much for the HSR generator!  Works like a dream!  One question I have now...I am using the NAM Z simulator and was wondering...should the HSR visually appear to go faster than the standard rail, or should all rail appear to go the same speed?

HSR is based on the monorail network so I assume it should be visually faster than ordinary rail.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

Swamper77

The speeds at which the automata appear to move at can be different than the actual network speeds. This is because the speeds at which the automata move at are controlled by the Automata Tuning Exemplar and the speeds of the networks are controlled by the Traffic Simulator Exemplar. Thus, a tram could appear to move at 5 kph when the network speed is set to 100 kph.

The network speeds influence the Traffic Simulator's choices of finding routes for the Sims to get to/from work/home. The automata speeds are just visual only and do not affect the actual speeds of the networks themselves.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

straha

So then just because visually, all of the trains appear to be moving at the same speed, doesn't mean that the actual network spped is the same, so the HSR path is faster than the standard rail

plunderer

you can controll the HSR automata speed via change exemplar property "Train Min/Max KPH" values in NetworkAddonMod_Automata_Plugin_**********.dat

but the property "Train Min/Max KPH"  also effect rail and lightrail automata, that's means if you set different values, you will see the HSR automata slower than rail or lightrail sometime

straha

I changed the speeds a bit and setup some rail lines right next to eachother, and there is certainly a difference, just not a very significant one.  I really wanted to see my HSR trains fly by the 55 car long freight trains :)

I did a quick lot job on the HSR generator, but it ended up with too rural of a feel, so I am going to relot it with a more urban feel, and probably keep both of them.  Thanks again for that!

carkid1998

I'm new to HSR but when are those great new textures availiable?
Sendona... Coming soon!

allan_kuan1992

They are under development...?  = \

It'd save a lot of thread space if you (and others) read a few pages back to find out what was happening...

@ Jonathan:  I am patiently awaiting your analysis on those new columns =)

- Allan Kuan

vinlabsc3k

Excellent work guys!! :thumbsup: It's awesome. &apls
I've a request:"Can someone make an eye-candy lot that cover the tunnel entrance-exit?"
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

mike3775

Those look great

vinlabsc3k , your signature is so appropriate  :)

RebaLynnTS

One thing to remember, there is a setting in the game to determine weather the automata move at the same speed or not. (Unless this means something other than what I think it does).
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Jonathan

Ok here's the new stuff,
The cateneries by Plunderer and the textures by Vershner. Then I just removed the side of GHSR and lowered to 0m
And trying out the BTM pylons.

Allan(and everyone), what do you think of the columns? I think they seem a bit small, and it all looks a bit top heavy?
And the GHSR track? I think it will need some blending into the grass, but that won't be in the next release, because all the model will need widening and the textures modified.

Jonathan

joelyboy911

These look great. I have two suggestions for the GHSR, I feel that the grey lines which run along the outermost edge of the tracks are surplus to requirements, and that along that section it should be made to look like some gravel or some such thing. Perhaps wealth dependency could be used to have some areas with my previous suggestion (ie. in rural areas), and others in which the concrete barriers, which have been removed, would be totally appropriate. I'm very sorry if this is a repetition or has already been ruled out.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

plunderer

if you use the BTM support, set texture 0xeb97dbd8 in the s3d mats will be better

vershner

Personally I prefer the old supports. Their texture is much better.

The BTM ones look a bit too small. I could re-texture them I suppose, but they'd still need to be bigger.

Nice work on the GHSR. I guess we will be needing some dirt on the edge of the gravel, to blend it into the grass.  Would it be possible to add fences to the edge of the track?

darraghf

I think the old supports look better with it.
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

dragonshardz

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Keep the old columns and the concrete barriers for the GHSR!
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Jonathan

Everything will be optional,
though I may not even bother with the support (unless somone wants to make some new ones)

btw I thought that  only one T21 could be on a tile at a time? but both the supports and cateneries are T21s and appear on the same tile?
Jonathan

Andreas

Well, if you add both the supports and the catenaries to the same T21, only one is needed. ;)
Andreas