• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nardo69

Hi Derry!

Hollow or hollow way ... the German word for them is "Hohlweg". They even found their way into the most important German literature:

",,Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen.
Es führt kein andrer Weg nach Küssnacht"

Friedrich Schiller: Wilhelm Tell.

although this hollow is to be found in Switzerland.

Interesting approach on an interesting detail. Love it!

Take care my friend! And don't forget to make backups!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Pat

Derry welcome back to OSITM and congrats man!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

Welcome back once again folks and this something a little different... but first some well deseverd replies to be done first.

Nardo69

Hi Bernhard, thank you for you great comments and little insights about the Hohlweg. Yes the kettle is full and on the boil so to speak so sit back and enjoy what coming ;)

JMouse

Dear Joan
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, its such a plesaure to me , it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and I like that :D Hope you like what I have in store ;)

Rooker1

Robin - my good friend
Thank you so much for your wikked words mate. No problem in seeing stuff and getting ideas off it , just remember all profits are mine lol

marsh

How wonderful to see you and welcome, so happy to hear from you. Thank you so much and I love the fact you choise this month to say hello, and so eloquently too ;) Don't worry I'll keep it going as long as I can. hope to see you back again and please if you don't like summat - do say because maybe it could be better :D:D

ecoba

Eathan,
Thank you very much, hope you like whats in store too

Girafe
Thank you very much.

Art128
Thank you Arthur, hope you like whats next up too ;)

Tomas Neto
Thank you very much indeed

Battlecat
Thank you so much, very kind of you to say so

Badsim

Cedric
Thank you so much for such kind words. If my scenes can invoke such good memories for you then my job is more than accomplished.Hope you enjoy the upcoming stuff too ;)

vester

Arne
thank for you great comment my good friend.

Threestoges

Matt
Thank you mate, hope you enjoy whats coming

Right with that little bit done its time to get to tonights little feature.

This will involve a little audience participation and a keen eye for deatil.

I want you to find three objects in the following scenes and there is a prize too.

Yes the eventual winner will recieve a years subscription to SC4Devotion.

Yes that is right, your eyes do not decieve you 1 YEARS SUBSCRIPTION to SC4DEVOTION.

The closing deadline for this is 00.00Hrs GMT on 6th Nov.

All entrants will be placed in hat and drawn at random by me.
All you have to do is make a post before the deadline and if you can tell me /show me the correct locations
into the hat you go.

Winner will be announced on 7th Nov 2010.

Right then what do I want you to find?

PIC 1   FIND THE BEAR

PIC 2   FIND THE DOG AND DUCK ( It's a pub) 

PIC 3   FIND THE FOUNDATION

Well there you have it folks, find those 3 objects I am looking for , let me know their locations
and you in with a chance of a nice little prize. Not that hard eh?

Best of Luck

:satisfied:
TTC

edit

just had this
Quote from: art128 on November 04, 2010, 01:41:20 PM
Hi Derry !

I have two questions about your small game....
What do you mean by the foundation ? and also by that pub ...

-Arthur. :)

ok to clarify. when I say foundation I mean a building foundation not a "Lot" foundation.
and q2

The pub I am looking for is a BAT by Gascooker called the dog and duck hope that helps :)
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Lowkee33

What fun :)

I don't usually look at MDs, but today it is a cold rainy day today in need of some tea.  Looking good.

I will send you a PM with my answers. (Edit: Sent)

Be well.

rooker1

Great idea!
I see the bear.....not too sure about the Dog and Duck (the pub) and I see the foundation, but I think I will let some one else win.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

TheTeaCat

Lowkee33, Robin, Thanks for popping in to say hello.

Hope you find the little contest fun and I now have a total of 3 correct people in the hat for a years subscription to SC4D.

As there has been so little uptake and maybe the closing date was a bit soon I will keep the contest going until my time in OSITM is over, So if you fancy a go just pm me or post in the thread if you want everyone to know the answers  :D :D

You all know the old saying
"If you're not in it, you can't win it!"

Go on have a go, tis only a bit of fun

Sorry gotta run kettle's boiled ;)

TTC
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

TheTeaCat

Well here we are once again with another update for you and I wonder what is next in store for you?

More residential?

How about some commercial?

Industrial maybe?

Who knows? , well I do but I shall keep you in suspence just a little longer :D

And I see that not too many of you seem to interested in winning a years subscription :D:D
So far I have only had 3 correct answers. Just to let you all know, that I am still running the contest
untill the end of my time in OSITM and would love to see some more entrants in the competition.

A quick recap of the contest again
Quote from: TheTeaCat on November 04, 2010, 01:35:11 PM

Right with that little bit done its time to get to tonights little feature.

This will involve a little audience participation and a keen eye for deatil.

I want you to find three objects in the following scenes and there is a prize too.

Yes the eventual winner will recieve a years subscription to SC4Devotion.

Yes that is right, your eyes do not decieve you 1 YEARS SUBSCRIPTION to SC4DEVOTION.

The closing deadline for this is 00.00Hrs GMT on 6th Nov. end of time in OSITM

All entrants will be placed in hat and drawn at random by me.
All you have to do is make a post before the deadline and if you can tell me /show me the correct locations
into the hat you go.

Winner will be announced on 8th Nov 2010.

Right then what do I want you to find?

PIC 1   FIND THE BEAR

PIC 2   FIND THE DOG AND DUCK ( It's a pub) 

PIC 3   FIND THE FOUNDATION

Well there you have it folks, find those 3 objects I am looking for , let me know their locations
and you in with a chance of a nice little prize. Not that hard eh?

Best of Luck

TTC

edit

just had this
ok to clarify. when I say foundation I mean a building foundation not a "Lot" foundation.
and q2

The pub I am looking for is a BAT by Gascooker called the dog and duck hope that helps :)

Don't worry I still have something else up my sleeve for you ;)

TTC

canyonjumper

Awesome opportunity here Derry! Sent you my answers by PM ;D

Your friend,
                            Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

TheTeaCat

Well here we are once again folks, time for another update ;)

This time we are going to the Fair.

Now to let you all know there are over 35 custom lots made especially for this update
and I do hope you can find some nice bargins on the stalls.

This fair all started When JimmyJoe was having an argument with Paul over who could plough the straighest furrows.
Pauy said he had the perfect field for it but JimmyJoe wasn't happy because the field was perfectly flat.
Paul said "How about using the slopey field as it would be a true test of ploughing skills and besides
I know that you just can't plough on an incline."

"ok then" says JJ "why not get all the local farmers to come and have a go and maybe we can crown a champion?"
Once they started the process and manner of things started to happen, and suddenly a challenge between two farmers turned into a country fair.

And we managed to get some pics of it too, so lets go along and see what the results are like, the hardest
partthing to do is find a parking space for you vehicle ;)

Oh maybe there is one over there

nope just been taken how about over there?

Right thats the car parked where should we go first?
Ok ok lets go see the livestock exhibits

Ooooh Look lots of people seem to be admiring them and I overheard a family saying they wanted to buy a cow or maybe a sheep.

Lets go up the hill a bit and see the ploughing contest.

Lets go have a look at the judges compound and some of the prizes available

Heading back down the hill lets head over towards all the stalls showing some of the local crafts

And we even had some rides to keep the younger sims amused while the parents wander through the stalls

Well after spending an enjoyable time at the fair its time to go home and to enjoy some of the local produce picked up :D

And now I have a mosaic of the whole area for you to enjoy.

Just for you info too I have had only 4 correct answers for my little contest which is still open to all so just have a look at my last post for the pics and what to do. You still have time to enter ;)

Hope you enjoyed your time at the fair, untill the next time;)

Stay safe

TTC

metarvo

Oh, Derry, I just love fairs!  ;D  You know, the ones I've been to had parking areas just about like the one I see there.  The food, exhibits, and rides are the three things that define a fair for me.  I can almost taste some of that good old fair food just looking at those stands.  ;)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Jmouse

What a wonderful idea, Derry! I'll echo metarvo's sentiments about fairs and add that they're an integral part of a rural lifestyle. As a child I attended fairs in Houston, but I doubt if it would be much fun anymore. The very thought of traffic jams, paying for over-priced parking and waiting in line for an hour to get a three-minute ride on the Ferris wheel takes all the fun out of it.

To say you put a lot of work into this update would be an understatement! I can only guess at the planning and the time spent creating the lots, but I can say with certainty it was time well spent. I like the way you've displayed the farm equipment by adding strings of lights. I'd never have thought of it, but it makes perfect sense. After all, fairs go on into the night, especially on weekends.

You really outdid yourself on this one! :thumbsup:
Joan

BTW, even though I already have a subscription, I would have entered your contest and given the prize to the player in second place. I never could find any of the things you asked for, though. I think maybe I finally spotted the bear, but that's all the far I got! &mmm

djvandrake

Bravo Derry!  &apls  Your fairgrounds are wonderful.  Really well done.  :thumbsup:

And I still can't find the foundation! *scratches head*

canyonjumper

Awesome stuff here Derry! Love all the custom LOTing you've done! You've really captured the feel of a country fair ;D

Your friend,
                                   Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

threestooges

When Joan said you had done some good lotting for this recent update, I had a feeling I'd see something good, but you've gone a step beyond on this one. This has to be one of the best livestock setups I've seen done. The parking areas seems a bit large for the size of the venue, but then who would miss out on seeing who wins the plowing contest. Excellent work on putting it all together. However, I hope you had a talk with whoever it was that put up those lampposts in front of the entrances to the farm machinery lots. They seem to be blocking the road a bit. Very nice work with your week here Derry. Looking forward to seeing what you have for us next back in the Hall of Fame again.
-Matt

FrankU

Your countryside is superb and it almost makes me give up my own attempts, but I will not let you disencourage me!
Let's say you inspire me to make my lots even better.

Show us more, Derry!

cubby420

Wow that fair is the coolest! Great design  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

That fair is very cool!  It's full of great details! 

TheTeaCat

Hi Folks,

Just a brief not to let you all know why the sudden absence of me around places.

From what I've been told I was piggy in the middle with a car and a van while riding my bike one morning on the way to work.
Personally I have no recolection of it, which in a way is a good thing or so I'm told. I was unconsious for 6 days in hospital,
Docs say wearing the bike helmet saved me, and when I "awoke" I was pretty confused for a few days. I get severe headaches at the mo and have to limit my time on a pc or tv to a max of 30 mins a day.

I have extreme mood swings, luckily I have a flatmate who listens when I need to vent, and then goes and makes me a cuppa. After an hour or so and I am back to normal. Or as the docs say "As normal as you will be from now on anyway" - oh dear is there no hope? lol

I am improving every day but it will be a while before I am fully recovered,and hence my quietness around the place. I am sure you will understand.

There are a few items I have to do, like awarding a prize etc but hope to get around to doing that over the holiday period.

In the meantime I wish you all a very peaceful Yuletide.

regards

Derry

Nardo69

Derry,

Robin told me via PN that you had an accident after I told him that I missed you. I was rather shocked, still am.

Great to hear you make progress in rehab, even a small step forward is a step in the right direction. I really do wish you all the best. Seems to be you had someone watching over you, let's hope he'll continue his work. And hey, normal, that's just a definition of some insane people who wants to separate themselves from the other insane.

I am sure the kettle is still full and boiling.

Take care my good friend!

Bernhard

mightygoose

derry i wish you all the best and the swiftest of recoveries.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....