• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sithlrd98

I don't know which is more surprising: David has another city with.....buildings , or that those are some freakin awesome road textures! You definitely are full of surprises lately  ;D

Jayson

Pat

OMG Yuppers Like I said in your additional pics thread The Midas Touch is soooooooooooo true!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sim-al2

Looks like another "Double-0" poster. ;)

...wait...  ...that can't be right...  ...is that actually a city!? :o

:P
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

ldvger

Hey David-

Gonna add universal access ramps to those sidewalks and street corners?  Or are there no mobilty challenged folks living in your version of SC? 

Great work, as always, just teasing you.  By now you must know I am overly hung up on realism.

Lora/LD, finally started terraforming my new Copper River Project

threestooges

Great looking textures (though the lack of a stoplight there worries me to no end... maybe it's the fact that I live in the LA area...). Nice work David. Incidentally, finals are over and I should be back BATting and other such things soon.
-Matt

io_bg

Awesome! I've got a question though - will the textures replace the regular roads or is there going to be something like a SAM for roads?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

sithlrd98

Heh, just realized that I was #7800 & 7900....

Jayson

JBSimio

Nice downtown area, David!  (I wasn't sure for a minute if saying that would constitute bragging or not... but then I figured that Spa figured so prominently that I could get away with it.  :D )  I plan on having a little time once this week finishes up and I may just have a little treat for you... but we'll talk more about that elsewhere.   $%#Ninj2

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

dedgren

I just love the ability to create offset ploppable props.

This is Jeff's (SimGoober) beautifully BATted stone pedestrian bridge, which is part of a park set by David (deadwoods) where transit enabled lots were used under the bridge.  The problem with that is that I wanted to create a riverwalk for the riverside park in Evans, a city in my current GRVII challenge.

The riverwalk's location- on a thin strip of land between the busy Monolith Highway and the Blaine River, separated it from it's southern (rightmost) entrance.  There was, because of the alignment of the highway

no place adjacent to the southern entrance to place the bridge using a TE lot.  The solution involved separating out the FSH and associated S3D files from the prop megapack that Jeff's bridge was in, saving it is a separate item by modifying the TGI values, then editing the S3D "x" and "z" values in the Reader

to offset the BAT.  The final step was to run it through the 3RR PlopperizerTM to make it ploppable.  Our great friend Cogeo is working on an addition to his SC4 Model Tweaker tool [linkie] that will make the offsetting part of the process virtually effortless.

It's just amazing what you can do with this game.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

metarvo

The list of possibilities with this game keeps growing.  You have always amazed me, David.  Keep it up!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bakerton

Toatally wicked David. You building a city and other stuff, wow. Looking forward to more from you David. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

bat

Really really fantastic work there on the previous pages! Wonderful work on textures!
And nice to see some buildings on your pictures...
Congrats on over 7900 comments and over 306250 views!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: &apls

*and this should be my 7000th reply at sc4devotion.com!

Livin in Sim

Dear Dave the Builder,

Nice little town you've got coming along there.  It follows the river quite naturally, and I like how the streets curve to join the Monolith Highway.  I would love to take a walk along that river path, I would never notice my sore foot.  You've got to be the king of natural tree placement.  Have you seen Sim Fox's new ones?  Not seasonal (yet?  >:D) but some of the best trees I've seen.  And we can fix it, too--your idea for modifying the bridge worked great.  Your downtown buildings look like they belong together--very unified, and the village is rather...Darmokian.   :P  That's a  word, right?  I'll have to head over to Bordertown again and see your new developments.

Bye for now.
--Liv

metasmurf

Cheers for euro textures!  :thumbsup:

carkid1998

OOOHH :) May we see more??
Sendona... Coming soon!

dedgren

How 'bout a little

...what are those people doing, anyway?...

I've got about half of the riverwalk in Riverside Park laid out.  All I've put in it thus far is the game's gazebo- when I have some time I will troll the LEX for parkish stuff.

There's more fine detailing to come here- road signs, other right of way furniture.

That is one fine pedestrian bridge any way you look at it.

I'm going to make the gazebo a ploppable so that I can lose the bushes, lamppost, lot and the goofy people.  While lot-based stuff is great for urbanized/developed areas and set-piece stuff, for free-form you just can't beat ploppables, and in particular offset ploppables, which allow combinations of things that would be impossible otherwise.

That's an road junction that is on my list to find and retexture.  I'll lose the weird stop line along with the striping through the intersection.  I have on my list as well talking to Jan (swamper77) about learning how to do T-21 stuff so I can deal with better placement of things like stoplights.

That's it for this morning- off to work.  I'm thinking about bridge height right now... does anyone know why game road and highway bridges have 15 meters/48 feet clearance when in RL they are actually only about one-third that?

Later.

David

306427 - We hit the 10K page view mark right around the end of the day on the 13th (AST GMT-9).  It looks like another 20K month, maybe even our first 25K.  Thanks for your dedication to 3RR!
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Ryan B.

In response to your last question there, David - could it be due to the game's rendering mechanics? 

Has anyone tried making a 17' (for example) overpass?  Will the automata end up crashing into it?

These are the million-dollar questions.

Tarkus

David, those pics are absolutely breathtaking.  It's really great to see what you've done with the built environment . . . just as spectacular as everything you've done with the natural one.  Those new FAR pieces are really going to come in handy, too.

It's rather curious that you brought up the overpass height thing . . . just about two seconds before I read that, I was doing an experiment to see how 7.5m ERHW looked.  (I just did a model replacement on the Orth and the Road Underpass . . . the supports are set up for 15m still, so it looks a little funny)

I may try 5m next, just to see how it looks. 

-Alex

io_bg

Quote from: dedgren on May 14, 2009, 10:07:20 AM
does anyone know why game road and highway bridges have 15 meters/48 feet clearance when in RL they are actually only about one-third that?
Maybe because all ingame elevated networks (el highway, el train, monorail) are 15 m high?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November