• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

Not long to go now

better put kettle on for the winner :D

:satisfied:
TTC

EDITWelcome to the Double-0 Club, Derry!  That's another 400 post month for 3RR, as well.  All sorts of marks being reached here lately. -DE
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

BigSlark

Ah well, looks like I wasn't optimistic enough. But on to 250,000 views we go!

I hope all is well in Wasilla.

Cheers,
Kevin

Scarton

Wow, almost 250,000 page views for this thread? That's incredible!   :o :o The page view countdown is exciting.

Ryan B.

Truly historic.  I'm proud to be a resident!

thundercrack83

Boy, David--I wish I had a dollar for every view here at 3RR!

Can't wait to see who wins!

Dustin

EDITHeh, Dustin- I'm easy!  I'd settle for 10 cents.  Actually, I have to say that this is like one of those "priceless" Mastercard ads- hanging around here with all of you folks and doing this is beyond any monetary calculation to me.  You might remember the other day I mentioned a choice between doing "paying client" work and working on 3RR.  I wound up with the best of both worlds- I did 3RR and then just stayed up a while longer and did the stuff for my client, too.  It's all good, but you folks are the best! -DE

Korot

Make that 1001 page views to go!

bob56

This is amazing...soon to be 1/4 of a million! This shows how much your work is appreciated! &apls

Congrats to the 3RR team!!

You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

GNUCyberKat

Hi.

I am new to the 3RR and have been *attempting* to read through the vastness of posts and wonderment that the Three Rivers Region is.  David, while I don't know you I feel that I am getting to know you very well from your open and gracious posting style.  Let me say, as has been stated in countless previous posts, that your efforts on the 3RR and the improvements that you and the others that you have inspired to lead and serve with you in this project are simply amazing.

I have been playing SC4 since it was released and found this and other SC fan sites years ago.  I saw the 3RR threads when it was starting and noted then that it was a collaborative effort.  At the time, I made the mistake and bypassed it thinking it was something that I would not be interested in...that is a mistake I am sorry to have made.  Now, thanks to this wonderful community, I have to say that I am enjoying SC4 more than ever and have found creative inspiration, technical and procedural prowess, and a supportive and caring community specifically in 3RR but also at SC4devotion (thank you Jeronij).

As the counter gets closer to the incredible 250,000 views, let me add to the growing chorus of voices of praise and excitement celebrating this achievement.

I know that you say that a 3RR regular is one who has posted once.  While I thank you for your openness and gracious perspective let me extend that I would be honored to be a poster who posts more than once and can share more in the wonderment and excitement that you have brought here.

With much respect and light heartedness...

Scott

metarvo

History is a beautiful thing, if it's positive history, and I would say that the history being made in 3RR certainly is positive.  I get rewarded every time I walk in here, just by seeing the amazing creations and the good times that we've all had.  Thanks for everything, David.  Even when 250,000 is done, I will be counting down to 500,000.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

girlfromverona

Can't wait to see what the surprise is!  ;D

nerdly_dood

Less than 1,000 now! 249136

And about TTC's Double-0 club membership... Why can't there be a Triple-0 Club for the very rarest of posts, one that falls on the _,000th post [such as TTC's 7000th post]?
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Ryan B.

Quote from: nerdly_dood on February 28, 2009, 04:25:07 PM
Less than 1,000 now! 249136

And about TTC's Double-0 club membership... Why can't there be a Triple-0 Club for the very rarest of posts, one that falls on the _,000th post [such as TTC's 7000th post]?

Well, if we get in that vein, we could very realistically someday have a 'Quadruple-0' Club.  That would be truly awe-inspiring, and a testament to David's (and soon, all of our) hard work.

dedgren

I've been working on this, uhhh... project with all these other folks.

I had one little piece of it left to complete this afternoon.

Just about there.

Well, it's 5:00 p.m. in Alaska, and we have fewer that 800 page views left before we reach that quarter-million mark.  I started at 6:00 a.m. here today, and we were 1,400 away, so my guess is that we'll have made it about halfway- around 700 views, in twelve hours.  Using 5:00 in the afternoon and 800 to go, here's the updated chart.

[tabular type=4]
[row]   [data colspan=3]
Contest Entries
[/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data]    [data]
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data] [data]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]
Nic
[/data]    [data]
Date and Time for 250K
[/data] [data]
Views per Hour Needed to Win
[/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   JoeST   [/data]    [data]   February 24, 03:00 AST   [/data]   [data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   CCFC   [/data]    [data]   February 25, 15:30 AST   [/data]   [data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mayorfabz   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 12:34 AST   [/data]   [data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   turtle   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 12:46 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   metarvo   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 20:00 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Albus of Garaway   [/data]    [data]   February 27, 11:00 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   debutterfly   [/data]    [data]   February 27, 17:15:35 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   io_bg   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   LE0   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   owlsinger   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 08:00 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mrtnrln   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 09:00 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Battlecat   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   FrankU   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:14:36 AST   [/data][data]   49.07574349   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   pvarcoe   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:30 AST   [/data][data]   48   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   kimcar   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   47   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Korot   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   47   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   threestooges   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   42   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Sheep49   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 17:00 AST   [/data][data]   33   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   nerdly_dood   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 22:00 AST   [/data][data]   28   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Jmouse   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   26   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BigSlark   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   19   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   Darmok   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   19   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BarbarossS   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 14:23 AST   [/data][data]   18   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   TheTeaCat   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 15:00 AST   [/data] [data]   18   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   girlfromverona   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 16:00 AST   [/data][data]   18   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Homefryes   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 17:00 AST   [/data][data]   17   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   thundercrack83   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 21:38 AST   [/data][data]   15   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   art128   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   12   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   bat   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   12   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   sithlrd98   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 15:00 AST   [/data][data]   11   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   bakerton   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 24:00 AST   [/data][data]   10   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   dragonshardz   [/data]    [data]   March 4, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   9   [/data]    [/row]
[/tabular]

I've shrunk the "sweet spot" group of folks who, as previously noted, I'd give an equal chance each of being right.  Those four guesses are within 45 minutes of each other.  Pretty amazing how it all comes down.

About a foot/30 cm of snow here today- it's been a great day to look out the window of the cabin and work on SC4 stuff.

The hardest part of winter is over here.  It'll snow all through March, but the temps are getting back up to freezing, and the sunlit hours are increasing by almost 10 minutes a day at this point.

Oh, someone PMd me a while ago to ask what the 3RR PlopperizerTM looks like...

It was, as I recall, a son-of-a-gun to get into the rec room.

...oh, wait- that's CERN's Large Hadron Collider...

I always have had trouble telling the two of them apart.

Still more to come today.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

TheTeaCat

0007 Bond. Brooke Bond (my alter ego  :satisfied:) - I make a killer cup of Tea.  :D :D

So sorry I couldn't resist $%Grinno$%
Great to join the 00 club :D

And I like your project too :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

ecoba

dedgren, I would like to know how you get one of your Custom Quads, were those limited time only or something, this concept seems very intersting....

EDITI've added you to the list, my friend, along with all the others who have recently inquired.  There'll be announcements coming up shortly that'll give you more info on this. -DE

Pat

Derry congrats on ringing the Tripple 0 bell there  ;D.... David those SAM textures are looking good there!!!

-

=

653 to go!!!  Sorry had to do a little fuzzy math here after my earlier week flub heehe

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sim-al2

Lol David, we actually had snow here today. All 4 inches of it. Aparently it started snowing again. What, 8 to 12 inches now?  ()what() Although strangely it covered the 4-wheeldrive in the exact same pattern.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Gaston

Hey David,
  What ever happened to the old Toyota Landcruiser?    It was in an old pics a while back.   I loved those.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

dedgren

10:00 p.m. in Alaska, and we're below 500 page views to go before we reach that quarter-million mark.  We'll finish with well over 1,000 page views today, and hit 250K sometime tomorrow morning.  The question is- when?  Here's the updated chart as of 10:00 this evening and 500 views remaining.

[tabular type=4]
[row]   [data colspan=3]
Contest Entries
[/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data]    [data]
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data] [data]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]
Nic
[/data]    [data]
Date and Time for 250K
[/data] [data]
Views per Hour Needed to Win
[/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   JoeST   [/data]    [data]   February 24, 03:00 AST   [/data]   [data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   CCFC   [/data]    [data]   February 25, 15:30 AST   [/data]   [data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mayorfabz   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 12:34 AST   [/data]   [data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   turtle   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 12:46 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   metarvo   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 20:00 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Albus of Garaway   [/data]    [data]   February 27, 11:00 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   debutterfly   [/data]    [data]   February 27, 17:15:35 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   io_bg   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   LE0   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   owlsinger   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 08:00 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mrtnrln   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 09:00 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Battlecat   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   FrankU   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:14:36 AST   [/data][data]   44.24778349   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   pvarcoe   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:30 AST   [/data][data]   43   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   kimcar   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   42   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Korot   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   42   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   threestooges   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   36   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Sheep49   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 17:00 AST   [/data][data]   26   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   nerdly_dood   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 22:00 AST   [/data][data]   21   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Jmouse   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   19   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BigSlark   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   13   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   Darmok   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   13   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BarbarossS   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 14:23 AST   [/data][data]   12   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   TheTeaCat   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 15:00 AST   [/data] [data]   12   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   girlfromverona   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 16:00 AST   [/data][data]   12   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Homefryes   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 17:00 AST   [/data][data]   12   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   thundercrack83   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 21:38 AST   [/data][data]   10   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   art128   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   8   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   bat   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   8   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   sithlrd98   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 15:00 AST   [/data][data]   8   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   bakerton   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 24:00 AST   [/data][data]   7   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   dragonshardz   [/data]    [data]   March 4, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   6   [/data]    [/row]
[/tabular]

The "sweet spot" hasn't changed- things usually slow down at 3RR during the wee hours of the (Alaska) morning.  It'll be really close.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

carkid1998

Under 500 page views to go  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% :o ()meeting() &dd
Sendona... Coming soon!