• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glazert

My, those were really convincing before and after pictures - as if I needed to be convinced.

BigSlark

Gee, I hope I win!  $%Grinno$%

I'm very glad to hear that you're in better health today than you were a year ago, not for 3RR's sake, but that of your loved ones. I understand that getting in better health is a difficult task and I commend you for it.

I'm looking forward to the start of Collaboration!

I hope your family is well.

Cheers,
Kevin

bakerton

Hey David, I am interested in being collabrator for 3RR Collabration. Oh, by the way, I am always looking at all the stuff you have done and everything.  ()meeting() If not, I will sit in the stands and watch everyones fun. See ya and keep on changing the game David. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

Toichus Maximus

Hey david, i'd also be interested in doing a quad, though i'm not sure where the thread you mentioned for sign up is. I didn't know you were even taking applicants still!
Cheers,
Matt

penguin007

Hi David I would love to do a quad, Ive got enough time at the moment so shouldn't be a problem. A rural one would be lovely

Will

io_bg

Hey, I'd like to do a quad, too, if you allow me! I also prefer rural ones.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

homefryes

Quote from: Glazert on February 26, 2009, 02:38:18 AM
My, those were really convincing before and after pictures - as if I needed to be convinced.
My sentiments exactly! I am so looking forward to having these in my game!

— Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

metarvo

Oh, yes.  How could I resist the chance to develop 3RR?  If I were to do a quad, I would want one that is meant to have power lines running through it and perhaps a power plant or substation, per the wonderful power grid map [linkie] that was displayed last year.  Of course, I'm positive I surprised no one with my preference.  :)  I'm not sure where the thread that you referred to is located, so a [linkie*] might be useful, or at least detailed directions.  I have RL slowed down at the moment, so I should have time to develop a single quad, as long as an update isn't required every day.

*This is only a replica link, and does not link to any thread, site, file, etc.

EDIT: Thanks for the link, Matt, but it seems to be off-limits.  ()what()
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

threestooges

-metarvo: This [linkie] should be the thread he's referring to.
-Matt

dedgren

Well, we're just about 300 page views away from racking up another 20,000 month, our sixth in a row.  That's with two+ days to spare in a 28 day month!  I never really though about it before- we'll hit 250,000 page views sometime in the next couple of days...

...more on that in a minute...

...which goes back the whole two years, two months and ten days since 3RR started out here on SC4D in December, 2006.  That pretty amazing, but what is truly astounding is, if you folks continue stopping by at the rate you're going right now during the rest of this year, 3RR will receive a quarter-million page views in 2009 alone.  Thank you sounds pretty insubstantial in light of what you folks are doing- I'll have to give that one some thought.

When I mentioned last night that it was pretty much work on collaboration stuff for the next two weeks or so, I didn't mean to imply that I'd forgotten about the surprise I'd mentioned a bit ago.  A bunch of folks, including me, are still working on that, too.

This morning's Quarter-Million Contest update:  here's the chart as of 09:00 AST today, using 2,800 page views left as the calculation point.

[tabular type=4]
[row]   [data colspan=3]
Contest Entries
[/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data]    [data]
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data] [data]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]
Nic
[/data]    [data]
Date and Time for 250K
[/data] [data]
Views per Hour Needed to Win
[/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   JoeST   [/data]    [data]   February 24, 03:00 AST   [/data]   [data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   CCFC   [/data]    [data]   February 25, 15:30 AST   [/data]   [data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mayorfabz   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 12:34 AST   [/data]   [data]   800   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   turtle   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 12:46 AST   [/data][data]   757   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   metarvo   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 20:00 AST   [/data][data]   255   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Albus of Garaway   [/data]    [data]   February 27, 11:00 AST   [/data][data]   108   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   debutterfly   [/data]    [data]   February 27, 17:15:35 AST   [/data][data]   86.68730333   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   io_bg   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   72   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   LE0   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   72   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   owlsinger   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 08:00 AST   [/data][data]   60   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mrtnrln   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 09:00 AST   [/data][data]   58   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Battlecat   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   55   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   FrankU   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:14:36 AST   [/data][data]   38.72752349   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   pvarcoe   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:30 AST   [/data][data]   38   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   kimcar   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   38   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Korot   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   38   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   threestooges   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   37   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Sheep49   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 17:00 AST   [/data][data]   35   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   nerdly_dood   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 22:00 AST   [/data][data]   33   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Jmouse   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   32   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BigSlark   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   29   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   Darmok   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   29   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BarbarossS   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 14:23 AST   [/data][data]   28   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   TheTeaCat   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 15:00 AST   [/data] [data]   28   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   girlfromverona   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 16:00 AST   [/data][data]   28   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Homefryes   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 17:00 AST   [/data][data]   27   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   thundercrack83   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 21:38 AST   [/data][data]   26   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   art128   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   23   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   bat   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   23   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   sithlrd98   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 15:00 AST   [/data][data]   22   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   bakerton   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 24:00 AST   [/data][data]   21   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   dragonshardz   [/data]    [data]   March 4, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   19   [/data]    [/row]
[/tabular]

I think mayorfabz and turtle are about to bite the dust.   I would believe, as well, absent any huge change in trend, we may be able to predict a winner with pretty fair certainty by the end of the day today.  Any guesses as to who that might be?

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Simpson

Hi David!
The update on page 348 is just incredible :o the sam curves are super. You have done a fantastic work
on them my friend. I'm looking forward to the next  ::)
Take care,

David

EDIT: only 30th replies before 7000 replies in 3RR :)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Sheep49

Yay! This year's 3RR collaboration is on it's way it seems... Can't wait for it! Maybe I'll even have a chance to participate! ;)

Anyway, it seems like your predictions for 250,000 views in 2009 are pretty probable! Yours, and of course all of the 3RR collaborator's work is so revolutionary and outstanding it's no wonder that it causes so big interest. Looking forward to all new additions to game that 3RR Collaboration Team is going to make ;)

Oh, and also... You wanted a 'Sheep49 Seal of Approval' t-shirt? Here you have it! :D

Keep up the awesome work! ;)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Albus of Garaway

Woo hoo, Collaboration time! I'll be checking in to the private forum soon. ;)

mayorfabz

Yikes. I'm out. :'( Guess I was too optimistic.
Does guessing the winner grant a consolation prize ? ;D
Thawing and slushy greetings from Montreal (2°C)
Fabien

dragonshardz

I would absolutely, totally, utterly love a collab quad. Is there any room in 3RR for a military base? I've got plenty of military stuf, and as long as I can get a prop of the 3RR flag I can easily edit those lots to use that flag.

deathtopumpkins

Well David, I didn't think I was up for this 2 (or even 1) year ago, but with this new stuff I just might give it a shot at collaborating. Could you possibly refresh us on what specifically it would entail me doing?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

threestooges

-metarvo: Since you can't see the board, it is likely you haven't been placed officially into the collaboration group yet.
-Matt

dedgren

Here's the sign-in sheet from the private board as of right now.

[tabular type=2]
[row][head]3RR Team Member Name[/head][head]Present[/head][head]Not Present[/head][/row]
[row][data]Albus of Garaway[/data][data]X[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]allan_kuan1992[/data][data]X[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]BarbyW[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]barnatom[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]bighead99[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]BigSlark[/data][data]X[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]burgsabre87[/data][data]X[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]Darmok[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]dedgren[/data][data]X[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]dragonshardz[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]flame1396[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]Gaston[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]girlfromverona[/data][data]X[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]Heblem[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]Heinz[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]Jmouse[/data][data]X[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]M4346[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]meldolion[/data][data]X[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]mightygoose[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]paroch[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]Pat[/data][data]X[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]pickled_pig[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]Rayden[/data][data]X[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]rhizome21[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]Shadow Assassin[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]Tarkus[/data][data]X[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]threestooges[/data][data]X[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]thundercrack83[/data][data]X[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]tkirch[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]Travis[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]Unkles27[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]Yoman[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[row][data]Zaphod[/data][data][/data][data]X[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

If your name is on there, but you aren't checked in, please do that ASAP.  I will send out PMs to folks who haven't shown up by the end of the day tomorrow, and early next week will start reassigning quads to those on my wait list if we haven't heard anything.  Please note that, if we just happen to catch someone while he or she is taking that three month vacation to a desert island, there's no problem.  We'll sort it out, but we just need to get things moving along using the current stock of prepared quads.

Everyone who has posted has been added to that wait list.  We really appreciate your interest in collaboration, and you will receive a PM from me shortly.  To keep things tidy, though, I haven't added anyone new to the 3RR Collaboration Team yet until I have a better idea of where we stand with the existing members.  Thanks for your patience and, don't worry- because of the way I plan to start the collaboration, nobody will be feeling like they're behind the power curve.

Also, for those of you who are thinking about participating, please don't hesitate to post expressing your interest.  I pretty much have avoided ever sending out individual invitations based on starting collaboration up while an administrator here- I didn't want to be perceived as choosing favorites.  Anyone is welcome to collaborate provided he or she is prepared to commit the time and effort necessary.  Skill level at playing the game is not an issue so long as you can accept constructive criticism (my guess is that lots of folks will be throwing their 2c worth in as we go along once this starts) as well as lots of guidance and suggestions from me.  For those of you who are used to completing a quad or two in a couple of days as you have worked on regions in the past, you will likely find the process of working on one for several months a bit odd at first, but ultimately very rewarding as the "built" 3RR emerges from the collaboration.

Here's the Quarter-Million Page View Contest chart, updated to 7:00 a.m. today and calculated based on 2,100 page views to go.

[tabular type=4]
[row]   [data colspan=3]
Contest Entries
[/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data]    [data]
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data] [data]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]
Nic
[/data]    [data]
Date and Time for 250K
[/data] [data]
Views per Hour Needed to Win
[/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   JoeST   [/data]    [data]   February 24, 03:00 AST   [/data]   [data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   CCFC   [/data]    [data]   February 25, 15:30 AST   [/data]   [data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mayorfabz   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 12:34 AST   [/data]   [data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   turtle   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 12:46 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   metarvo   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 20:00 AST   [/data][data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Albus of Garaway   [/data]    [data]   February 27, 11:00 AST   [/data][data]   525   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   debutterfly   [/data]    [data]   February 27, 17:15:35 AST   [/data][data]   204.88349333   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   io_bg   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   124   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   LE0   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   124   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   owlsinger   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 08:00 AST   [/data][data]   84   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mrtnrln   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 09:00 AST   [/data][data]   81   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Battlecat   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   72   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   FrankU   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:14:36 AST   [/data][data]   41.74890349   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   pvarcoe   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:30 AST   [/data][data]   41   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   kimcar   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   41   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Korot   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   41   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   threestooges   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   37   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Sheep49   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 17:00 AST   [/data][data]   37   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   nerdly_dood   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 22:00 AST   [/data][data]   34   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Jmouse   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   32   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BigSlark   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   27   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   Darmok   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   27   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BarbarossS   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 14:23 AST   [/data][data]   26   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   TheTeaCat   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 15:00 AST   [/data] [data]   26   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   girlfromverona   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 16:00 AST   [/data][data]   26   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Homefryes   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 17:00 AST   [/data][data]   26   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   thundercrack83   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 21:38 AST   [/data][data]   24   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   art128   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   21   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   bat   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   21   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   sithlrd98   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 15:00 AST   [/data][data]   20   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   bakerton   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 24:00 AST   [/data][data]   18   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   dragonshardz   [/data]    [data]   March 4, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   17   [/data]    [/row]
[/tabular]

We've now lost our friends mayorfabz, turtle and metarvo, and Albus of Garaway and Larry (debutterfly) are about to go down for the count.   I didn't see any speculation as to who the winner might be, so here's a hint- compare the past few days charts and look for the stable point over time among the entrants' "Views per Hour Needed to Win" numbers.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

metarvo

:'(

Oh, no, that's too bad.  Oh well, I tried my best.  :)  If you want speculation, I predict it will be Joan (Jmouse) that will win.  :-X

As for collaboration, it sounds like it would be well-suited to my personal playing style, since I typically develop each quad slowly.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Korot

Over the last days, Battlecat's Views per our has been climbing, meaning that he has predicted a too high views per hour, but the one of FrankU is dropping, meaning his prediction was to low, however, his drop is lower than Battlecat's rise, but I think/hope that FrankU is slightly of, and that it will be pvarcoe, kimcar of me.