• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

Ryan, yes it is with the FLUPs, as long as the canal set has overhanging pieces. Let me see if I can give you a pic... I've done it a few times already.

David, I haven't posted the last few pages as I am at a loss for words... so much amazing stuff has come through here...  :o

&apls to you and everyone else working on this stuff.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

metarvo

&hlp !

I rarely do that, but I couldn't contain myself this time.  All right!  Curves for the SAM asphalt streets are just what I need, since it is my most commonly used SAM set (the SAM-3 dirt is second).
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

dragonshardz

My guess for 250K page views is...

(drumroll)

March 4th @ noon.

mayorfabz

WOW I took a leave for just a week and yet more miracles in 3RR. You guys are amazing.
My new guess for the 250K views contest is Feb 26th 4:34 pm Eastern time (dunno what that makes in Alaska)
Greetings from Montreal
Fabien

MandelSoft

Nice curves there!

My guess for the 250K views contest is February 28th at 18:00 GMT.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

BigSlark

I'm going to guess March 2nd at 12:00 AST. I hope I'm right!

The curves look great, David. I can't wait to play with them.

I hope all is well in Wasilla, Helena, and Austin (?) with you and yours.

Cheers,
Kevin

owlsinger

My guess is February 28th at 8am AST!

A question: I haven't seen any trains on my STR yet, just those silly green thingies. The paths are correct, and my graphics are all turned up to high, but they haven't appeared. Any ideas why, or am I just being impatient? I'm using Peg's rural freight train stations, and I have connections to neighbors.

Thanks,
Kendra

Korot: This is a rural city, plenty of farms, the query shows lots of freight trains on the tracks.

Also, my SAM roads have been ok except for this one:

'Luminous beings are we..'  - Yoda

'Hints of Gold'
by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

Korot

Is their industry to generate freight?

Simpson

Hi David !  :)
I'm sorry that I didn't post last days  &mmm
The last pictures are really fantastic. You have done a super work in the SAM curves, they look good  :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to the next update my friend
Take care,

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

threestooges

Quote from: owlsinger on February 21, 2009, 11:13:07 AM
A question: I haven't seen any trains on my STR yet, just those silly green thingies. The paths are correct, and my graphics are all turned up to high, but they haven't appeared. Any ideas why, or am I just being impatient? I'm using Peg's rural freight train stations, and I have connections to neighbors.

Check to make sure you have actual rail traffic on the tracks (passenger or freight depending on the train you're looking for) with the route query tool. If it is purely an eye candy line, or the trains insist on taking a different path, consider using the train generator lots by Swamper77 from the LEX. Hope that helps.
-Matt

dedgren

I'm just stopping in to post that I'm probably an hour or so away from having the last of the Rural Road puzzle pieces done that will (with the upcoming surprise) let me finish updating the collaboration quads.

before

after

More news on this front in a bit.

Today's 250K Contest Update.

[tabular type=4]
[row]   [data colspan=2]
Contest Entries
[/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]
Nic
[/data]    [data]
Date and Time for 250K
[/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   CCFC   [/data]    [data]   February 25, 15:30 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mayorfabz   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 12:34 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   metarvo   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 20:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Albus of Garaway   [/data]    [data]   February 27, 11:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   io_bg   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   LE0   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mrtnrln   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 09:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Battlecat   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 12:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   FrankU   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:14:36 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   pvarcoe   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:30 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   kimcar   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Korot   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   threestooges   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 12:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Sheep49   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 17:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BigSlark   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 12:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BarbarossS   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 14:23 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   TheTeaCat   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 15:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   girlfromverona   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 16:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   thundercrack83   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 21:38 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   sithlrd98   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 15:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   bakerton   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 24:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   dragonshardz   [/data]    [data]   March 4, 12:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[/tabular]

You should check your guess as shown on the table against the one you actually posted- I caught one mistake doing this.  Thanks- if there's any conflict between what's in the table and what's actually been posted as a guess, the actual post will be used.

(Not very much) later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

nerdly_dood

My guess would be March 1, 22:00 AST.

Great work with the rural roads, too!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Jmouse

If the contest is still open, my guess is March 2, 12:01 a.m. AST (00:01 I guess).

Later...
Joan

turtle

February 27, at 03:47 a.m. As I'm currently in Palestine, this is Palestinian time (wich means +- a couple of hours  :P No, seriously, this is my guess, whereever in the world AST are)

looking good on the SAM curves.

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes in march.

Thomas
My name is Thomas...

dedgren

Well, make that a bit more than an hour.

When I see something I don't like these days, my inclination is to fix it.

And I don't like this a whole bunch...

...so I'm fixing it.

This'll be a texture upgrade, so it's pretty simple.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Haljackey

Sweet!  I always hated how the diagonal road curve isn't very smooth.  This is going to be an excellent addition to the game!

Just throwing this out, but perhaps OWRs can be tackled as well?  Anyways good luck.

Best,
-Haljackey

deathtopumpkins

Oh wow David!  :o &apls That is truly awesome...
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

nerdly_dood

FINALLY!

I've been hating that road curve for too long! Keep it coming! :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

dedgren

And there you have it...

before

after

Now, before you get too excited, each of those retextured game textures is probably going to screw up a dozen other cr-ppy game textures I haven't fixed.

UPDATE:  Like this one.

...Okay, okay.  I'm fixing this, too...

I just did a full retexture of game rail- I don't know if I'm ready to do a complete overhaul of game roads just yet.  But, I'll take a look.

A couple more contest entries.

[tabular type=4]
[row]   [data colspan=2]
Contest Entries
[/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]
Nic
[/data]    [data]
Date and Time for 250K
[/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   CCFC   [/data]    [data]   February 25, 15:30 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mayorfabz   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 12:34 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   turtle   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 12:46 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   metarvo   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 20:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Albus of Garaway   [/data]    [data]   February 27, 11:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   io_bg   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   LE0   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mrtnrln   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 09:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Battlecat   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 12:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   FrankU   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:14:36 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   pvarcoe   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:30 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   kimcar   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Korot   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   threestooges   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 12:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Sheep49   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 17:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   nerdly_dood   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 22:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Jmouse   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 00:01 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BigSlark   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 12:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BarbarossS   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 14:23 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   TheTeaCat   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 15:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   girlfromverona   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 16:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   thundercrack83   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 21:38 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   sithlrd98   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 15:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   bakerton   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 24:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   dragonshardz   [/data]    [data]   March 4, 12:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[/tabular]

Remember, we'll cut this off at 245,000.  You've got about another full day to make your guess if you haven't already.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Heblem

Simply awesome! I do really like your work in textures, keep it up!  :thumbsup: