• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

Quote from: dedgren on April 10, 2008, 09:40:06 PM
..This isn't just a game anymore...

No, 3RR and SC4 is no longer an effort by a dedicated individual and the vehicle for his dedication. It is a way of life, creating things so that others may enjoy them and the fiction that comes with them, things that are in truth ephemeral and fleeting, only a crash or corrupted save file away from destruction. But we try again, always.

I salute you, my friends whose faces I do not and may never know. This is truly an experience worth living for.

...Wow. Waxing philosophical today. Of course it IS 10 PM here and I have been up since six thirty using that so delicate of an organ, my mind.

Sleep deprivation + boredom = philosophy. Who'da thunk it, eh?

And please, go on showing us picture of that hill. It is food for the soul.

~~Dragonshardz~~

Pat

David far as I can see that the pic you have showed is absuelty breath takin... I cant see to much as Im sitting right now at my fire station as my IP will show Im not at home lol...  God that pic is so breath taken and I so cant wait for spring to hit here as we are currently under Winter storm warning

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREEN BAY WI
959 PM CDT THU APR 10 2008

...SIGNIFICANT SNOW EXPECTED TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT...

.A SLOW MOVING SPRING STORM WILL BRING SIGNIFICANT WINTRY
PRECIPITATION TO MUCH OF NORTHERN WISCONSIN. STRONG WINDS WILL
ACCOMPANY THE SNOW...SLEET...AND RAIN.

WIZ005-010>013-111100-
/O.CON.KGRB.WS.W.0006.000000T0000Z-080412T1200Z/
VILAS-ONEIDA-FOREST-FLORENCE-NORTHERN MARINETTE-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...EAGLE RIVER...RHINELANDER...CRANDON
959 PM CDT THU APR 10 2008

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM CDT
SATURDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM CDT SATURDAY.

SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES...IS EXPECTED TONIGHT. THE SNOW WILL BE
MIXED WITH SOME SLEET AND POSSIBLY SOME RAIN AT TIMES. PERIODS OF
MIXED PRECIPITATION WILL CONTINUE FRIDAY...THEN CHANGE BACK TO ALL
SNOW FOR LATE FRIDAY...FRIDAY NIGHT...AND EARLY SATURDAY. A TOTAL
SNOWFALL OF 7 TO 15 INCHES IS EXPECTED BY SATURDAY MORNING... WITH
THE HIGHEST TOTALS NEAR THE UPPER MICHIGAN BORDER. THE COMBINATION
OF SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS OF HEAVY WET SNOW AND STRONG WINDS
COULD KNOCK DOWN TREES AND POWER LINES.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW AND
SLEET ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO EXPECTED.
THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

$$

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as you can see Im getting dumped on and its so bad it nocked out power and the fire chief and a deputy fire officer are currently sitting at a down power line while i get to stay here in the warm station and wait for a possible medical call if we get one.... 

that last statement is all so true it was hazadous coming to my station under normal situations it would only take me 5 minutes to go about 4 miles well it took me over 20 - 25 minutes to get here cause its that bad out now, so bad we are even having that wierd thunder snow with lighting... 

BTW the highlighted green area as you are aware where Rhinelander is and well we are due for that amount cause we are to close to UP lol.... that pic just makes me wish for a nice spring day here....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

greenbelt

Been lurking around 3RR for years.   Truly is food for the soul.  In January we relocated from Milwaukee, WI to Bangalore, India and I have been feeling quite lost and lonely.  Such a big change...and I'm one of those people who hates change.  But 3RR is a constant, a refuge, home sweet home.  Finally got the problems with the internet connection sorted out yesterday.  I've spent the last several hours going back to catch up from page 114, totally forgetting that I'm no longer in Wisconsin.  I can't begin to tell you how much your efforts mean to me.  Bringing us all together to share the joy of being human, of living, and most of all creating together.  Take care of your health....health, family and friends are really all anyone needs.  The rest is just icing.

Darmok

Gentle hills, country roads, warm wind, wine bread and cheese.....
That's it! I'm going!

Like Matt, I first thought that this was a long gentle curved road and I was dreaming of the possibilities!
You had me there! The picture is simply gorgeous!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

bat

That newest picture is looking really great, David! Looking forward to these fences...

superhands

i can almost smell the serenity.

threestooges

Well, In response to that power pole desire, I know SFBT has some poles available (and they work really well) but I don't think they are orthagonal. If you have a particular style in mind, it shouldn't be too hard to cobble something together... the only question I would have would be: visible wires or not?
-Matt

TheTeaCat

The maestro strikes again :D.

With his lyrical tongue and wondrous pictures &apls &apls

Ok I'll go and put the kettle on  :D
I'm sure you could do with a nice cuppa when you get back from your stroll :)

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Travis

David, do you mean power-poles like in this pic? Those are just some lots I threw together- the props can be found in LBT MEGA Props v1. ;)

As always, keep up the great work. :)

JoeST

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW 3 pages of pure brilliance :)

If only I could play the game :(

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Shadow Assassin

...and i've caught up now.

Shame on me, all this stuff is amazing... I can't believe that this is being done to the game.

It's definitely redefining the boundaries.

Hey, I wonder when we'll be getting our collaboration quads? I wouldn't mind making a start on my city tile - it should be good.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

dedgren

I know that not everyone is a ruralist...

These fenceline/field edge lots, though, have become a labor of love.  I'm almost through.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Pat

Super Sweeeeeet David!!!  Im sitting patiently waiting for those wonderful fences....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Shadow Assassin

This should be what every tree aspires to be... a fence on one of your lots.   ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Tarkus

David, those fences, and all of these lots you're making, are just awesome.  Seriously awesome.  You've added so much to the realism of rural areas with this stuff, it's mind-boggling.

-Alex

dedgren

Country crossing.

Today!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

greenbelt

&apls   These are truly a work of art.  I remember way way back you were expresing your frustration with the way the farm fields looked around the edges.  Now the problem is solved!  Fabulous.

jacqulina

wow now that looks like a country road my friend and wonderfull fiels and fences &apls &apls

bat

Wonderful two new pictures of the fences! Very beautiful, David!

btw, my 4700th post!!!