• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

Good to see the old David re-emerging  :D
Don't worry I won't say $%Grinno$%

Nice little history lesson too ( as always a font of knowledge :D :D)

really looking forward to seeing how 3RR develops and what the collaboration team come up with :thumbsup:

Quote from: Andreas on March 31, 2008, 01:53:38 PM
Sorry for off-topic, but whoa, that is cheap! With the current exchange rate and all the measurement conversions, we pay $7.80 per gallon in Germany at the moment. ??? Although I wonder what you pay in Dubai or so currently...
And you think thats bad  &mmm
over $8.00 a gallon in the UK or as we say over here £1.07 a liter (in London today)
Hope prices aren't like that in 3RR $%Grinno$%

Till the next time
regards

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

OK I have to chime in again here about the gas prices in Rhinelander WI gas is a cool 3.39 a gallon and I checked for dubai and found This [linkie] if anyone can make sense of the cost of gas back in december when this article was written, cause I cant make head or tails of it lol.... BTW congrats Emilin for snagging the 3200 post

NB:  Burgess aka Ryan just reminded me the time i started to drive when gas was still at $ 0.98 to 1.10 for regulare unleaded gas in Rockford IL at the time in 1998...  Also if I was to drive to Lac Due Flamboe Indian Reservation, I think that is how the name is spelt but I know it as LDF for short lol and so I bet gas price is at least 3.00 a gallon there...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BigSlark

David,

Can't wait to see what else you come up with today. I'll keep checking back this afternoon.

I love the fields, they look amazing.

And as far as fuel costs go, the $2.98 a gallon I paid on Sunday makes me feel really, really, really good!

Cheers,
Kevin

dedgren

QuoteHope prices aren't like that in 3RR $%Grinno$%

LOL, Derry- I haven't bought any gas there for a while, but this was emailed to me the other day.

So I guess they're not taking this any better in downtown Pineshore than we are here.

Gas prices in Anchorage and the 'burbs are headed north of (US) $3.30 for unleaded.  Sheesh!  Andreas, when I lived in Germany in 1974-6, the Mark was 1.8 or so to the US dollar, and gas, as I recall, was around 90 pfennigs a liter.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Heblem

thats actually a bit expensive  &mmm i've heard rumors for a inflation in US

Andreas

Quote from: dedgren on March 31, 2008, 03:21:37 PM
Sheesh!  Andreas, when I lived in Germany in 1974-6, the Mark was 1.8 or so to the US dollar, and gas, as I recall, was around 90 pfennigs a liter.

Yeah, these days it's around 1.38 €, which is 2.70 Deutsche Mark...
Andreas

DFire870

Quote from: BigSlark on March 31, 2008, 03:13:09 PM
And as far as fuel costs go, the $2.98 a gallon I paid on Sunday makes me feel really, really, really good!

Wow, $2.98? Here in Central Texas it's around $3.20 (although I think El Paso has the lowest price in the state).

Anyways, to get back on topic... The fields look great David, and I can't wait to see what you have in store next.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Heblem

Quote from: DFire870 on March 31, 2008, 03:47:36 PM
(although I think El Paso has the lowest price in the state).

Yep thats why many who lives at El Paso rather go to Juarez, Mexico and get the gas even cheaper than in US so that why they try to keep it cheap, same happens in Laredo i think. Gas here in Mexico (all the country) is around $2.10

dragonshardz

hmm, david looks like you have two honors to do at some time. no rush tho', we'll be patient.

Gas here fluctuates between $2.50 and $3.50. That would be Mesa, Arizona, USA.

~~Dragonsahrdz~~

DFire870

Quote from: Heblem on March 31, 2008, 03:53:43 PM
Yep thats why many who lives at El Paso rather go to Juarez, Mexico and get the gas even cheaper than in US so that why they try to keep it cheap, same happens in Laredo i think. Gas here in Mexico (all the country) is around $2.10

Yeah, my mom was telling me about when she used to live in El Paso, every weekend she (along with her sisters) would go over to Juarez to get gas and haircuts. :D

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Jmouse

In 1969, we paid about 18 cents a gallon for it in north Houston! I don't remember when it topped $1.

**EDIT** $3.10 today in NE Arkansas **EDIT**

Jm

freedo50

$1 per gallon?!?! Over here in the UK its £1.05 per litre for unleaded and £1.15 (!) per litre for diesel - that's about $8.01 per gallon of unleaded and $8.77 per gallon of diesel. You should think yourselves lucky, bloody government take ~65% of that in tax!  :'( :'( :'(

Fred

EDIT: Just saw Derry's (TheTeacat) post further up the page. Sorry for the repeat  &mmm

Ryan B.

$3.41 / gallon at the Mobil across the street . . . . figure $3.15 at the Tonawanda Indian Reservation a half hour to the south.

I remember living in Central Texas in August '01, and seeing $.90 / gallon at the local H-E-B grocery store / gas station.

Tarkus

Just returned from getting gas in my 49cc Honda Scooter.  The 76 station in I filled up at in West Eugene was charging $3.50/gallon for regular.  I splurged for Supreme (it's got a 1.1 gallon tank and gets 100mpg ::)) and wound up paying about $3.70.

-Alex (Tarkus)

superhands

well, in perth (the most isolated city in the world) the other day it was $1.38 au. = $1.24 aprx. upto 1.50/60au in rural areas  :o

bat

Looking forward to more from Three Rivers Region!

And btw, this is my 4650th post (couldn't find a better place to post it)

Yoman

Quote from: BigSlark on March 31, 2008, 03:13:09 PM

Cheers,
Kevin

2.98!!!! its 3.62 around here!

CabraBuitre

Quote from: Pat on March 31, 2008, 03:13:06 PM
NB:  Burgess aka Ryan just reminded me the time i started to drive when gas was still at $ 0.98 to 1.10 for regulare unleaded gas in Rockford IL at the time in 1998... 
Yeah, I remember those days... days when you could fill up for $20 and have money left over for a candybar!

Lac Due Flamboe Indian Reservation...
Lac du Flambeau, but you got the phonetics right at least!  Amazing what having another soverign nation so close can do to the prices, huh?

Check out Abelfarei!

Haljackey

Gas prices around here:

1925:  $0.05 per litre!
2008:  $1.25 per litre!

Inflation anyone?

dedgren

Just checking in before I'm off for a hearing this morning.  Sorry to have gone so abruptly the other day- several site administration issues came up that needed to be dealt with, and then a work situation (on a holiday, no less) took an unexpected turn.  But I see we've now got fuel price reports in from many corners of the globe, and that the news is pretty bleak for those of us who were raised on (US) $0.299 per gallon (3.8 liters) gasoline.

I've gotten very close to winding up my little LOTting tear.

I also wrote a brief tutorial [linkie] on how to use the Reader to get those nice custom menu icons you might make into the game.  Jeff (kalanc69), you should consider that a down payment on the rest of Part Three of the Creating Large Seasonal Tree Lots tutorial [linkie] I started a little over a year ago.

The brief delay in getting collaboration quads out has let me focus on cleaning up a few loose ends- making the ton of custom lots I've created over the course of several years ready for prime-time has been a big one.  In the end, everyone will benefit.  I also note that the main remaining reason for the delay is getting my health back up to scratch- I want to make sure I'm fully available to the collaborators during that first critical few week period after the quads go out so that nobody becomes frustrated.  Watch this space, in other words.

Honors are once again backing up- thanks for your patience.  Emil (emilin), we're sending you a Double-0 gold card...

Last time I was at the airport, I picked this up.

Looks like we're well on the way to a great spring!

David

n.b.No intent, of course, to infringe on any rights of a very similar magazine, seen here [linkie].  3RR's version is asserted to be a parody on this not-for-profit, non-commercial SC4 fansite.  Folks interested in learning about the joys of living in western Montana should, of course, refer to the very excellent source and not our pale imitation. -DE
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax