• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calibanX

All these angles will really change the look of cities in the game. I'm looking forward to seeing them in action. Way to go David.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

kimcar

Quote from: dedgren on June 02, 2009, 12:09:53 PM

David

What you take a brake ? I never thought that things happen to you :D You than you have always somethings in minds. :o Have a nice rest my friend it`s well deserve.  :thumbsup:

ldvger

QuoteYeah, that's... uhhh a spiral .

The spiral curves are on both ends. There is a simple curve from SC to CS.

Ok, good to know (I guess ;).  I'd call it a compound curve (maybe that's cuz I'm an architect, not an engineer), but spiral works, too.

And yeah, maybe formulating the embankment factor is a specialty area taught to transportation engineers, who knows? 

Lora/LD

dedgren

I know that these aren't necessarily what folks are looking for here...

The trim is the second to last huge chunk of work.  The ceramic tile floor will go down over the next few days.

A lot like working in the Reader- mind numbing repetition followed by exciting results.

Hope you are having a great weekend- wherever you are!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

carkid1998

Hey! that's a good way to get through DIY! Pretend you're modding! :D

I hope you got the angles right! After all, you have in sc4.
Sendona... Coming soon!

Andreas

Well, if you look closely, David crafted a perfect Wide Radius Curve into that wooden beam, thanks to his excellent modding skills. ;)

Andreas

Korot

I'm pretty sure that this curve is simply due to the camera and it not having a perfectly flat lens, so it's something that can't be fixed.

sithlrd98

:P that's a good one Andreas!

Jayson

Gaston

David,
   Send me a plane ticket and I'll be happy to come install your ceramic tile for ya.    ;)      I've been doing that for years.    Remember I used to teach people how to do that at Lowe's.

---Al
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

debutterfly

David's not on a break!  ;) He's just doing a more real approach to modding. :D Btw David, My parents are also DIYers. I am a DIY kind ofg guy when it comes to computers. When I have a problem with my computer that I cannot solve, I call Microsoft and they end up putting on the line the Executive of Technical Support who has 15 years or more experience. Otherwise, I solve problems using knowledge and forums. Also, I only make computers and do not buy them from Dell or HP. The Pre-built computer's price for the parts I buy cost double what I buy them for individually.  >:( Anyway, good luck David.   :thumbsup: Can't wait for more action on the SC side but RL comes first unfortunately.  ;)

-Larry (debutterfly)

CasperVg

Well, I bet that's one example of a place where you don't want a wide radius curve to be.. Although it is better like that than having a sudden 45° change in direction..  ::)

It's been way too long since I've posted anything in here.. don't know why, really. Probably because I stand in awe after browsing the pictures. I can't wait for more!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

BigSlark

Hello David and the rest of 3RR,

I've been consumed by RLS of late, but I will soon have lots of free time again. You're up to amazing projects yet again, David. I can't wait to play with HDR roads!

I hope all is well with the family.

Cheers,
Kevin

wes.janson

David: Your little reno is looking wonderful.

Of course, being a Millwork carpenter by trade, I can't agree with your yellow and black tools there. DeWalt has ended up costing me more money than they are worth.

The germans got it right when they made Bosch. They might weigh a ton, but they take a beating.  ;D

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

frdrcklim

300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

dedgren

Restless night...

...weird dreams...

...of underbridge roads.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

TheTeaCat

:o :o :o

I think you need a nice soothing cuppa David. Take 2 Fukitol tm and try to relax. Then these weird dreams  will surely pass  :D :D

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

sithlrd98

I think you need to have more weird dreams David!

Did you get my PM?

Jayson

EDITYes, Jayson, and will do something about that today.  Thanks! -DE

metarvo

I've had an SC4-related dream myself, likely brought on by some extensive SC4 playing the previous day.  One time, I dreamed I was searching the LEX for downloads.  When I woke up, I never could remember what I was searching for, so I may have just been window shopping in that particular dream.  In any case, I recall that I went on a huge download spree not too long after that, and ended up with some very good finds.  :)  So, the dream made me want to play SC4 even more.  ;D
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

frdrcklim

300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

dedgren

Flat tunnels?

Well, almost flat, anyway...

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...