• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

What the...?

When I do it, here's what happens.

First

Then

and

First

Then

What's on my computer (retexture-wise, anyway) should be what's on yours at this point, folks.  When you get something weird showing up like this, see if different drags or configurations of existing trackage change anything.  I tried dragging every way I could think of, and couldn't duplicate these issues.  Are others out there having the same problem?

This is good practice for the STR beta, my friends.  Thanks for your help!

Night.

David

226941 - Over 1,000 page views today.  Thanks so much!

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

JoeST

maybe its flipped/mirrored/different ways of dragging?
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Jonathan

David, I just checked that texture isn't in the download you attached a few pages back, neither is it in the list of Rail textures thread.

Jonathan

choco

Quote from: threestooges on January 30, 2009, 02:36:17 PM
Believe it or not, that's actually a game bridge.

i actually thought that was a bit more of your handy work.... ;)  wish i'd have paid attention to it earlier.....thats the sleeper effect i was going for on a couple models....

dedgren

Well, nobody's perfect...

...least of all, me.

I altogether missed one of the retextures

both in the reference table [linkie] and in the last beta release.  I've fixed that now.  There's a new beta version at the bottom of this post.  Please be sure to look at the readme.  Also, please delete the previous beta file from wherever you installed it.

The beta this time also includes an unofficial update of the NAM Controller that will address #1 in the pic below (the addition of the texture takes care of #2).

Here's what a default "wye" will look like now.

I think we may be getting down to the end of the trackage issues- if things seem pretty solid in a few days, I will begin correcting the remaining glitches, such as the tie misalignment in the above pic.

Here's the updated texture upgrade beta [download linkie].

Later.

David

227240 - 22,000 page views with 12 hours to go!  Woo-hoo!
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

inspecter

The download link is not working for me.

EDITShould be now, my friend. -DE

girlfromverona

Thanks, David. Look forward to trying it out.  :thumbsup:

CaptCity

David,

I know you're going to 'hate' me...  ;), but I'm still getting the glitch in the ortho-diagaonal rail with the new texture download...

The 'Y' now appears as shown in your last post, but the curve does not.

From your last post,
QuoteThe beta this time also includes an unofficial update of the NAM Controller that will address #1 in the pic below (the addition of the texture takes care of #2).

Does 'address #1' mean the same as 'fix #1'?

Wanted to give a heads-up...
CaptCity

EDITNope, don't hate anybody.  I kicked myself, though- after moving the needed file into the DAT this morning, I forgot to click "Save" in the Reader.  Grrrrr!  As for "address" versus "fix"- the former is one of those words I surcharge my clients fifty cents in a brief for- hey, just trying to add a little extra value here.  Fix it is (and it is now, in fact, fixed).  Have fun! -DE

inspecter

Quote from: CaptCity on January 31, 2009, 05:42:15 PM
David,

I know you're going to 'hate' me...  ;), but I'm still getting the glitch in the ortho-diagaonal rail with the new texture download...

The 'Y' now appears as shown in your last post, but the curve does not.

From your last post,
Does 'address #1' mean the same as 'fix #1'?

I have been getting the same problem too.

BigSlark

Quote from: Tarkus on January 31, 2009, 05:59:21 PM
That appears to be texture IID 0x03002204.

-Alex (Tarkus)

...and solved.

Cheers,
Kevin

dedgren

Yep, screwed up again.  In my haste to get the fix on the air this morning, I apparently forgot to save the texture DAT file after I added 0x03002200 through 4 to it.

Fixed [download linkie].

Sorry for the inconvenience.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

deathtopumpkins

Looking great David... I'm just about to go try the new textures out.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

BigSlark

Thank you for the quick fix. Does this include the RULs for STR?

Cheers,
Kevin

CaptCity

Good news this time...

All is well. Thanks for the quick work.

CaptCity

sithlrd98

After only messing with them for a couple of minutes....

I think you nailed em! &apls

Jayson

EDITNope, Jayson- not nailed yet.

I want to comment out the ability to create the completely unrealistic "trident" switch in the circle to the left.  There shouldn't be any way, either, to create the switch in the circle to the right.  The easy part was creating the textures- the coding that allows these sorts of switches is the real swamp.  Thanks for IDing them for me
-DE

Well , I thought you meant to do that.. actually , I didn't notice in-game and didn't notice untill after you posted. But I guess since you've probbably gone cross-eyed from looking at textures all day , you still have better eyes than me!
Jayson

Ryan B.

Just . . . . wow.  Great work from David and the RAM Team!

dedgren

Well, I felt bad about running everyone around the block over fixing the texture upgrade, so I took 45 minutes and created this as a little bonus to send out with the STR beta.

The dual track retexturing actually has implications all the way across the spectrum of rail.  We'll need to redo all the puzzle pieces, as we have now discovered how to duplicate the game's semi-transparent texture along the edge of the ballast.  The above piece was a "thought-experiment" that I did to test my ability to efficiently retexture an existing piece.  It works pretty well, I'd say.

I don't think it would be right to close out the month without starting a little contest.  About 30 days from now, 3RR will hit a quarter-million page views here at SC4D.

...where we're going, we don't need roads [linkie]...

So, who's going to guess the date and time we hit 250K?  I have a major feature in the region that needs a name and a detailed story, and I can't think of a better way to celebrate our third birthday as a major tourist attraction*.  We'll keep the rules simple, like last time.  You can post your guess through midnight Alaska time (GMT-9) on February 10th.  The winner will be whoever comes closest without the page view count going over.  I'll chart the guesses every day or so- should be fun!

I'll note that, if page views were miles, we'll have reached the moon at its apogee [linkie].

The really amazing thing is that, at the current rate, 3RR should have a quarter-million page views in this year alone, winding up 2009 somewhere north of 400,000.

It's been a great ride with all of you, folks.  Thank you for all that you have done.

David

* 3RR started out at Simtropolis [linkie] on March 12, 2006.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

inspecter

Quote from: dedgren on January 31, 2009, 08:53:29 PM
Well, I felt bad about running everyone around the block over fixing the texture upgrade so I took 45 minutes and created this as a little bonus to send out with the STR beta.

So wheres the STR beta. Nice rail pic by the way.

Gaston

Quote from: dedgren on January 31, 2009, 08:53:29 PM
[

So, who's going to guess the date and time we hit 250K?  I have a major feature in the region that needs a name and a detailed story, and I can't think of a better way to celebrate our third birthday as a major tourist attraction*.  We'll keep the rules simple, like last time.  You can post your guess through midnight Alaska time (GMT-9) on February 10th.  The winner will be whoever comes closest without the page view count going over.  I'll chart the guesses every day or so- should be fun!

The really amazing thing is that, at the current rate, 3RR should have a quarter-million page views in this year alone, winding up 2009 somewhere north of 400,000.

It's been a great ride with all of you, folks.  Thank you for all that you have done.

David

Quote* 3RR started out at Simtropolis [linkie] on March 12, 2006.

227576[/size][/font]

It is hard to believe I've been addicted to 3RR for that long.  lol
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09