• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allan_kuan1992

Aftershocks aren't usually as intense as the earthquake itself... then again I might be wrong... =O

Oh no... feature creep... xD

Also I'm still wondering if you need more beta testers or if the opportunity to volunteer has sadly passed. =O

- Allan Kuan

girlfromverona

Apparently we had an earthquake here this morning but I was asleep and didn't feel it! Can't have been a very big one...  :D

I really love the look of those rural intersections, David! I am in the process of starting a new region and am going to focus on rural areas first, so those would really come in handy.   :thumbsup:

bat

Great work there on the country road textures!!! :thumbsup:

Sciurus

Yes, very great work! :thumbsup:
But does it will exist in european textures?
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

sithlrd98

I gotta say , the most exciting part of all this has to be the traffic light-less roads! That has to be one of my biggest gripes about this game, I mean just because there is an intersection doesn't mean you've got to have lights! I do wonder if it's possible at this point to add a little "flair" to these and add Stop to the textures kinda like Pegs Rural Roadways MOD?

Jayson

metarvo

This is amazing, David.  I get so tired of having to convert roads to other networks just to avoid the traffic lights.  There are times when I want traffic lights, but I usually don't want them out in rural areas.

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

metasmurf

Ah, finally intersections without stoplights.

Bishop Hawke

Nice work on all the new stuff people. Can't wait till it is released.

Post guess 202300 views   and 6210 post

Merry Christmas everyone!

JoeST

well Happy Late Chrismas everyone... I was too busy reading WoT to be on the internet for the last 5 days :o I know...

what has happened/is happening is mindboggling in here... someone should really consider calling the white coated doctors... :D
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

dsrwhat316

You seemed to have missed my prediction, David!

Quote from: dsrwhat316 on December 26, 2008, 03:09:08 PM
I'll throw my hat into the ring and give a prediction of 205,925 views for New Year's.

~ Dan

Those non-traffic light intersections look great! Another accomplishment to add to 3RR!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

dedgren

Well, OK- now I'm done.

I know I'm driving the rest of the NAM Team crazy, but I really want to get these rural roads done.

Here's why.

Places like that country corner are the heart of 3RR.

All you beta testers (and yes, you too, Allan): there will be a working download link in my next post, probably about an hour or two away, that will be another "erase everything and start fresh" update.  We're getting very close on this.

Heh, Dan- just like I missed Allan, I didn't include your prediction.  I'll toss in our good friend Bishop Hawke's for good measure.  Here's the list one last time.

[tabular type=4]
[row] [head colspan=2]
3RR New Year's Page View Predictions
[/head][/row]
[row] [head]
[/head][head]
______________Prediction______________
[/head][/row]
[row] [data]deathtopumpkins[/data] [data]221,600[/data][/row]
[row] [data]Tarkus[/data] [data]208,000[/data][/row]
[row] [data]bat[/data] [data]206,500[/data][/row]
[row] [data]TheTeaCat[/data] [data]206,333[/data][/row]
[row] [data]dsrwhat316[/data] [data]205,925[/data][/row]
[row] [data]Jmouse[/data] [data]205,525[/data][/row]
[row] [data]Pozessed[/data] [data]205,320[/data][/row]
[row] [data]Korot[/data] [data]205,200[/data][/row]
[row] [data]Elektra[/data] [data]205,069[/data][/row]
[row] [data]Pat[/data] [data]205,058[/data][/row]
[row] [data]BigSlark[/data] [data]205,000[/data][/row]
[row] [data]Warrior[/data] [data]204,900[/data][/row]
[row] [data]thundercrack83[/data] [data]204,812[/data][/row]
[row] [data]girlfromverona[/data] [data]204,500[/data][/row]
[row] [data]allankuan1992[/data] [data]204,000[/data][/row]
[row] [data]threestooges[/data] [data]203,980[/data][/row]
[row] [data]Darmok[/data] [data]203,900[/data][/row]
[row] [data]sithlrd98[/data] [data]203,815[/data][/row]
[row] [data]dedgren[/data] [data]203,676[/data][/row]
[row] [data]Bishop Hawke[/data] [data]202,300[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

I've added the prediction I PMd to Dustin (thundercrack83) on Christmas Eve.  My guess is, based on today's page view count, that it will wind up somewhere between the prediction that Marisa (girlfromverona) and Kevin (BigSlark) made.  We'll see.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

David looking good here and I will be watching for that linkie!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bakerton

David, What a sight and stoplightless intersections would be great, but here in my part of Wisconsin, we have highways and county roads with stoplights out in middle of nowhere (outside of the city and small towns and villages). Looking out for the link and enjoy the earthquake(s) when they happen (it is big news down here in Southeast Wisconsin when a quake hits the midwest and felt in Wisconsin). Keep on truckin' David. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

Geronimo

Great idea! Making rural crossings without all those stoplights, fantastic! Pics are looking so good :thumbsup:

And a happy late christmas everyone!

dedgren

Here's a complete new set of files for the latest updates to the STR-FAR-FARR-Rural Roads-Switches beta test files [download linkie].  Unzip it to your desktop or to a "Temp" folder.  They are a complete replacement of all previous beta test files EXCEPT FOR THE BRIDGES, WHICH YOU SHOULD NOT REMOVE.  Please note that the folder structure and file names have changed a bit, so take care to get rid of all previous files and folders EXCEPT FOR THE BRIDGES FOLDER AND FILES, and don't disturb the current file names, as they are probably the ones we'll use in the NAM release.

Have fun!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Ryan B.

David, I just looked at everything ingame . . . . I'm speechless.

You've changed the game.  Again.

Jmouse

Do we get caught up in "virtual reality" or what?

Earlier this evening a couple of friends who dropped by came out to my cubby to say Hi! It happened that I was working on the TOC for Page 307 so I scrolled up to show them David's snowy pix here. Ohhs and ahhs followed.

As they were leaving, I scrolled back down to the place where I'd been working which just happened to be David's rural road intersections here.

Our guests thought they were more photos – they wanted to know where the snow was.

Later...
Joan

girlfromverona

What an awesome surprise to log in here today and find the rural intersections available for download! I can't wait to have a good play with them.  ;D

Thanks, David!

P.S. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw pic #1 - that is just such a beautiful scene!

metarvo

It's the beta test that keeps on rolling  :D.  It may be more work for us beta testers, but I declare that it is some of the most enjoyable work I've ever done.  At first, I wondered about the "double solid to dashed" transitions, but now I have become aware of the possibilities.

3RR has just given the grid another good beating.  As if dashed lines on rural roads weren't enough, now it is no longer necessary for the lines to switch from dashed to double solid at the beginning of one of the imaginary lines we call grid squares.  The standard FAR to rural FAR transition is also quite useful, since it disguises the grid even more.  It looks so much better to see the two solid lines begin at the same (relative) position on the road, if you know what I mean.  In addition, I can use that long, tedious workaround that I devised to create neighbor connections for the rural FAR pieces.

Unfortunately, I have discovered a minor problem with some of the pieces.  Although it does not affect the functionality of the new rural FAR pieces, both of them have offset orientation ghosts that appear when placing the pieces.

Christmas has slowed me down a little on the beta testing, but it's over and I'm back in it for the long haul.  As always, keep up the great work, David.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

RustyXL

I'm having some issues with the new update. Some draggable STR intersections that worked before didn't have paths or paths and textures with the new update. When I looked at the new files, some of them were older than the files in the last update  ???. Putting back the draggable STR files from the last update fixed most of the problems but some pieces still weren't working properly.