• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FrankU's Lottery - Space Center update

Started by FrankU, October 19, 2009, 02:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Hi leribel,

Thanks for the reply.
I indeed decided to throw the parkinglots out again.

New pavement patterns and squares.

Room enough to wait for the stadium to open its doors.

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

leribel

FrankU

Thank you art128 and leribel,

So I had to edit the footballstadium too. Also patterns in the pavement. The lot size is the same as the baseball: 12x11. The scenery is a bit sparser.

And here it is.

Nice? Ready for upload?

art128

Looks great! The pattern pavement adds a lot to this lot.

Props & Texture Catalog

gn_leugim

I see a  lot of empty space, I dont know, but I would had some benches or something like that next to the garden patchs to it would't look so empty. also, trash cans, anywhere?  ()what()  :thumbsup:

FrankU

Hey all,

I did something that I have not seen before....
But it might be my inattentiveness.

There were some nitpicking remarks  :angrymore: about the crowds I put on my stadium lots. In order to put an end to this I decided to make these crowds as realistic as possible.
Meaning: the crowds must be there only when there are also crowds in real life.

So first I found out at what times the football and baseball games are being played in SC4.

I can tell you:
The bleachers of the football stadium are crowded from 18 until 22 hours (6pm - 10 pm).
The football players themselves are visible at the same time. Sounds logical doesn't it?
The baseball stadium is crowded from 18 - 22 too, but the players are only visible from 18 until 21 hrs. Is it usual that baseball supporters stay in the stadium after the game is finished?

Anyway, I decided to make crowds that grow over time, waiting to get in. When the game is started the crowds are gone. When the game is finished, or better: when the stadium is empty, the crowds stand at the entrances for some time, talking about the game.
After that the food stands disappear too.

The first lot I made is the minor league football stadium. You can see here what I have in mind for the rest too.

13 hrs. Emptyness

14hrs. The green umbrellas are opened. The snack bar owner prepares for the first visitors.

14.15 hrs. The red umbrellas are opened too.

15 hrs. The first visitors appear at the gates. Some of them take a snack at the bar.

16 hrs. The crowd grows larger.

17 hrs. The crowd is full. The supporters want to get in now!

18 hrs. Everyone is in now and the game starts.

22hrs. The game has finished. Everyone is leaving.

23 hrs. All is quiet again.

Please comment!

art128

K-points for this timed crowd! Excellent idea, very well made.

Props & Texture Catalog

leribel

Wow, such a change, even form the umbrellas to the rest. Amazing update.  &apls &apls

vortext

Looks great indeed, nice work!  :thumbsup:

Did you time those crowds yourself or were they already timed this way?
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

romualdillo

noahclem

Great work  &apls  The timed crowd and game are a fantastic touch!

FrankU

Hmmm.... tim for replies!

@ art 128
Thanks for the karma point!
And because Noblesse Oblige I now feel obliged to add a last timed prop: the gates. Did anyone notice that the gates aren't opened?
I think it is not neccessary to open the gates for entering, because that takes only a few minutes, but I think it should be good that the gates are left open for the whole hour after the game; the time that the crowds are hanging about the entrances.

@ leribel
And you ain't seen nothing yet, because on the plazas of the major league stadiums you will also find food stands that appear and disappear.

@ vortex
The original animations are timed props already. So it was just a matter of copying the exemplars, assigning new instances and editing the values.

@ romuladillo
Thank you!

@ noahclem
Thanks!

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

gn_leugim

FrankU

Thanks my friends for the kind words.

:salut:

Finally I finshed the Major League Stadium relots.
Looking for a job can take a lot of time and energy, but now and then I had some moments to sit behind the computer and do some lotting.

Changes since the former version are mainly to be found in the placement of crowds and the snack cars.

The times crowds and snack cars are now a part of BNL Essentials, which is updated to version 1.2.
And the Minor League Stadiums have been updated too. I uploaded version 2.0 some days ago already. No one noticed, I guess.

Here they are: the Major League Stadiums V1.0

Football

And Baseball

You can find them on the STEX and on the LEX

So... Almost done now.

The only Rewards that have to be replaced are the
- Space Center
- Opera House
- Zoo
- Congres Center

And you will have to wait some time until the Farm Fair will be available. That's up to mrbisonm.

gn_leugim

Nice work on them. looking forward for next developments ;)

kelis

Ja, Goed Gedaan Frank !! I really like the football stadium  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

metarvo

Nice work on the stadium lots, Frank!  :thumbsup:  The details such as crowds and concession stands (and I think I can see ticket offices, too) go a long way to give a stadium that well-attended look.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

FrankU

Thank you gn_leugim, Kelis and Metarvo!

As you might have read Fred/mrbisonm is proceeding with his MFP set. Before he finishes it I will try to finish my set of Reward Replacements.

And therefore:
Today I present you the Opera and the Congres Center.

As both buildings are quite useful I decided not to ruin your plugins by using someone else's BAT for the models. I considered Simgoobers Convention Center, but you might as well put it in your game yourself. Maybe I just do a Dutchified version of it some day?

The Opera is another story.
Actually, it feels a bit awkward to confess, in fact we do not have a good Opera house in the Netherlands. We do have the Stopera in Amsterdam, but it's not what most of the world would call an Opera. And most of the Dutch think the same. Besides that: I don't have a BAT of it.
The closest to a classic Opera House is the Concertgebouw at the Museumplein in Amsterdam. Maybe if someone feels like BATting it?

So here I go.
I added bricks and a plaza in front of both. And I improved the back of the Congres Center a bit.

Please comment!

When finished I only have two rewards left.
1. The Space Center, which is really a problem. It is extremely out of scale. I am not sure if touching it makes it better. But I'll try anyway.
2. The Zoo. I think I will make a stand alone replacement and a modular one which I will make based on Jeronij's modular zoo.