Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat

Author Topic: Badsim's testing ground .  (Read 77575 times)

Offline Badsim

• Le Diable est dans les détails .
  • VIP Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • CL: Not that bad !!!   $%Grinno$%
Badsim's testing ground .
« on: October 01, 2009, 06:07:27 AM »
Welcome to my laboratory ,

As the title of this thread suggest it , this is the place where , while The Triumphal Way progresses will be shown in the main thread , I‘ll show my LotEditing work & experiments  , giving you more informations , requesting opinions , advices or/and help if necessary .

This project will start from Place de la Concorde to radiate then to the Champs Elysées on the left and Tuileries’garden on the right .
This is the last picture of Place de la Concorde I was working on  , with the available material - textures and props -  :

After have debated  with David and Vincent , we finally decided that the best way to be accurate and to present a right scaled version of Place de la Concorde is to BAT it -  esplanades and roadways as props , taking as example what Porkissimo did with Eglise de la Madeleine , or xannepan with Gare du Nord :

That’s current David’s work , while Vincent re-exports his  Concorde’s props , better scaled and HD . The London Eye ( Yoder ) was just a test , but is obviously too big for that use , just like that obelisk from Antoine . I’m going to use the one Vincent has made for this project ...

So , the draft above is just good enough for the trash can …

That other outdated picture show another great improvement coming just at time from mrtnrln : http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=22506

His french Mod for traffic lights ( thank you very much ) is good enough to match these Maxime (citymax )’s parisian props …

citymax’s pack is available here ; http://www.toutsimcities.com/downloads.php?view=1569 .

Waiting for Concorde’s props from David & Vincent , I’m currently working the area between Place de la Concorde and the Seine :

A lot of difficulties and some compromises in perspective with MAXIS’ avenues as the real ones around the Place de la  Concorde are one-way avenues …

I would need several things to get a better result :

- Some better houseboat models … Hey Derry ( TTC ) ! I need that beauty urgently ! ( and some others , if possible … )

- That water Mod to represent the Seine , with a zero transparency ( David is working on it ) :

I have also started the LotEditing of Hotel de Crillon …

« Batiments de la Concorde » From  Debussyman , on the LEX .

Last precision , but not the smaller one , I didn’t go to Paris since at least 15 years … Thanks to the Web , I’m going to work with GoogleEarth , Paris3D  from  Lespagesjaunes.fr and all pictures I can find browsing the Web … if you have any interesting links , or personal good and detailed pictures of the concerned places along the Axis , thanks to let me know .

I’m also writing  a tutorial about how to get a full scene under a bridge ( Textures and props , but no transit )

To the next .

Cédric .
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 06:10:30 AM by Badsim »

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Offline TheTeaCat

Re: Badsim's testing ground .
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 12:43:32 PM »
Quite the project you got going here ;)

Ah yes the canal barges. Well there's a slight problem concerning that particular model. It was on a hdd that crashed &mmm
but all is not lost ;D

Paul (Paroch) has a copy that I gave him as a pressie for his md so I shoot him a pm and hopefully I can get a copy of it for you.
And I am still trying to finish some new ones I've started ::) :D

I look forward to seeing what you you do next.

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Offline Fabian93

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 01:05:05 PM »
First:
Your eye to detail is unbelievable  &apls
I'm really looking forward to the progress of this project  :thumbsup:

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&cp=48.865556~2.321111&style=h&lvl=16&sp=Point.48.865556_2.321111_landmark___

Just click on "Birds eye view" (or however it is called in your language).
I think it can be quite helpful if the normal view or the street view of Google don't show everything and you need to have a better view on it.
I guess you already knew that site, but just in case you didn't.

Good luck,

Fabian

Offline Badsim

• VIP Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 02:22:07 PM »
Thanks Derry , for these firstly sad ... and then excellent news !  ;D :thumbsup:

Fabian , I'm having a look to your link ... it seems there's a program to install to get the 3D view , I'm in the process to install it , but the 2D view with a lot of informations is already a must to have .  :thumbsup:
Well , with these modern tools , it would be better to say that my patience is unbelievable !  ;D

Thank you both , very much !  :thumbsup:

Cédric

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Offline Pat

• when life tosses you lemons, make lemonade!
  • 3RR Team
  • Forums Legend
  • SC4D Podcast, You Know You Wanna Hear IT!!!!
  • CL: ()pathfire() gettin' it right!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 03:57:48 PM »
Cedric I am interested and most captivated for sure what you got going on here!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Offline vnaoned

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 02:44:15 PM »
I'm still asking myself if there is a Mod that supress all the props on a traffic lot (I mean : lamps, flora... ) without having to modify the T21 properties?

I find rather easier to use the LE than to obtain a random assembly of props I can't choose. Has anyone heard about a such thing?

PS : I'm really interested in this "no transparancy" Mod you're on, David... Really...  ;D

Offline Badsim

• VIP Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 03:06:51 PM »

There's indeed a NoJunk Mod from Pegasus ( Stex ) . I intended to use it there ( I've got it since a long time , sleeping out my Plugins Folder ) but , and I don't know why , it doesn't work properly anymore .... it simply changes these $$ streetlamps to the $ ones , those in wood , beurk !  :D
When I tried it , years ago , it was working fine ... ::)

Nice to see you there , finally ...  ;D

« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 03:58:10 PM by Badsim »

Offline Badsim

• VIP Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 06:49:10 AM »
How to get a full eye-candy ( Textures and props , but no transit )  scene under a bridge .

To illustrate that tutorial , I’m going to use the scene shown above .
This is the original scene , just like you can get it with normal Lots :

The first technique to apply is re-sizing a Lot . Of course , that needs you have taken care of the orientation of the Lot to re-size … In that case :

To extend under the bridge , this Lot has to be re-sized for 2 tiles more ,

Now , you can add the corresponding base textures & overlays ,

An then , add the props you want to get under the bridge ;

Use the « Save » button , quit LE and launch SC4 , this is the immediate result you’ll get :

The new base textures & overlays are appearing automatically on the extension , but , as you can see , not the added props  .

That’s time to apply the second technique . That technique has been discovered and used first by Paul (Squidi) in his  geat MD « Orlach » .

Save your scene like it is before to go to the regional view where you’ll find the graphic settings .

Change them from  « High » to « Low » . The game needing to be re-started to make these changes effective , re-start it , load your scene . Save again your scene whith graphic settings as « Low » , then go to change them back to « High » . Quit and re-start again the game , and , as a miracle …

... the new props are here .

Note :
This method only works for adding props , it doesn’t work for the removal or  positioning changes of  any props .

You can use these techniques for many other uses , according to your imagination .

Thanks to Paul , I miss him and his spectacular  Orlach  , which I invite you to visit here , among the  archived MDs ; http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2865.0

To the next .

Cédric .

Offline WC_EEND

• BeNeLux Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • biggest Top Gear addict on SC4D
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 09:05:06 AM »
thanks for this useful tutorial, although it actually looks like the boats are floating in the air
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Offline vnaoned

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 10:14:43 AM »
Thanks to. I knew there was a method for the props... But I could not find it again..  ;)

Offline Sciurus

• TSC Team
  • Forums Guru
  • | Lorraine Cœur d'Acier |
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 12:33:02 PM »
Thanks a lot for this tutorial Vincent &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Offline Bobbi

• Forums Governor
  • Annihilation Angel
    • A space on deviantArt(Nothing)
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 12:36:58 PM »
WOW! LE is a wonderful tool really. $%Grinno$%
2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Offline jeronij

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 03:37:18 PM »
Quite interesting tutorial C  :thumbsup: ¡¡¡ . I'll keep an eye here to see how you deal with the houseboats placement on water... something which has always been a problem for me...  ::)  $%Grinno$%  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Offline BarbyW

• Administrator
  • Forums Legend
  • CL: SC4D  Goddess
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 04:07:58 PM »
There's indeed a NoJunk Mod from Pegasus ( Stex ) . I intended to use it there ( I've got it since a long time , sleeping out my Plugins Folder ) but , and I don't know why , it doesn't work properly anymore .... it simply changes these $$ streetlamps to the $ ones , those in wood , beurk !  :D
When I tried it , years ago , it was working fine ... ::)

Nice to see you there , finally ...  ;D

I don't have the No Junk mod any more but wondered if you had downloaded PEG-MTP_RuralStreetLight_2A58-Replacement_100. That mod replaces the low wealth lamp posts with wooden ones.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Offline Pat

• when life tosses you lemons, make lemonade!
  • 3RR Team
  • Forums Legend
  • SC4D Podcast, You Know You Wanna Hear IT!!!!
  • CL: ()pathfire() gettin' it right!
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 10:18:26 PM »
Cedric what about off set the props?? Would that work to give the appearance of being in the water at all or would that be to much of a pain in the boat lol...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Offline citymax

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 01:40:37 PM »
Nice job, but to me, I don't like the docks :( the texture isn't adequate to me), have you received my props ?

Offline Une_ame

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 03:59:13 PM »
What you've done is amazing &apls.

I can't believe everything I've seen so far. What else ()what()????
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Offline j-dub

• Everyday I'm just dubbing!
  • NAM Associates
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • H8ting ℛeaLife
    • I blame Discord for sink holes
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 05:50:46 PM »
First, good tut badsim.
Secondly, there is a way to visually connect the other avenues to that nonfunctional one, with the puzzle piece trick.

Offline serebii666

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 03:34:58 AM »
Wonderful Job!! I cannot wait to see more! And thank you for that tutorial.  ;D :thumbsup:

Incidentally, what textures did you use for the Place de la Concorde?? I asked over at Antigone before it was closed, but I didn't get any reply. &mmm
"If Kyle has 3 apples and is shorter that John who has 7 and if John is taller than Jenny who just graduated from Harvard, how old is Karen?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Offline Badsim

• VIP Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 04:50:33 AM »
Nice job, but to me, I don't like the docks :( the texture isn't adequate to me), have you received my props ?

Having a look at what you were working on ,

All I can say , Maxime , is that I don’t like that much my embankements either … this is precisely after have seen some works like the one above that I invited you to join the team … but I simply notice that this work hasn’t  progressed since July 2008 . That’s a pity but I ( We, as a team) can’t wait any longer and I know you’re really busy with RL … Now , if you have any suggestions about better textures to use , do not hesitate to tell me .

I received your props indeed , thank you . :thumbsup:

Some progresses …

Firstly , the first large city tile of the Triumphal Way has been set up . The only terraforming has been to dig the Seine , deeper than I previously thought . The bend of the Seine is voluntarily angular but , fortunately , the angle is nearly the same than the real one . Some avenues have been set up as well , some of them are corresponding to the real ones , some others are fictive and temporary , just to animate the scene with traffic generators .

And , as you can see , the houseboats aren’t looking like floating in the air anymore …

That area is almost finished .

Quite interesting tutorial C  :thumbsup: ¡¡¡ . I'll keep an eye here to see how you deal with the houseboats placement on water... something which has always been a problem for me...  ::)  $%Grinno$%  ;)

Firstly , thank you for your attention here, Jeroni. The houseboats placement on water is better , using the sea level , than with canals … It was not so complicated , just several hours of tests before to find with LE the proper elevation of each of them . ::)

Cedric what about off set the props?? Would that work to give the appearance of being in the water at all or would that be to much of a pain in the boat lol...

Indeed , Pat , off set these props would have been the prefect solution , I’m assuming it can be done with IliveReader but that’s something I didn’t learn so far to do myself . &mmm

First, good tut badsim.
Secondly, there is a way to visually connect the other avenues to that nonfunctional one, with the puzzle piece trick.

I’m not familiar with the puzzle pieces from the NAM - my bad , so what I intend to do about the plaza ( still just a draft ), is , after have divided it in 3 Lots due to the amont of props expected , to partially TE them , so they’ll look connected . The complex avenues network around the plaza will be a mix of eye-candy and functional ones . Thanks for your interest . :thumbsup:

I don't have the No Junk mod any more but wondered if you had downloaded PEG-MTP_RuralStreetLight_2A58-Replacement_100. That mod replaces the low wealth lamp posts with wooden ones.

No , Barbara , I haven’t got that file in my plugins , but I’m assuming that despite the fact that mod has a zzz prefix , it conflicts with another one … I’ll made some further searches , as I would really need it to work . Nonetheless , thanks for your help . :)

What you've done is amazing &apls.

I can't believe everything I've seen so far. What else ()what()????

Many thanks , Emmanuel . If there’s a lot of work for BATers of that team , with uploads for the community , the LotEditing is offering many  challenges -  more I look at them , more I’m feverish  :-[ -  I intend to do my best to do not disappoint you . You all … :thumbsup:

Serebii666 ;

That texture is from BSC Textures Vol 02 . The others grey base textures & overlays are from BSC Textures Pack Cycledogg Vol01b .

Thanks for your support . :thumbsup:

Cédric.