• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Source- 2/9: I'm Back! + A Teaser (of course...)

Started by dsrwhat316, August 04, 2008, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Pat

OMG Dan that Mosaic is simply stunning wow!!!!  :thumbsup: &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dsrwhat316

metarvo: The diagonal parking fillers are indeed created by me. It doesn't take too long, as long as you have the right props  ;). Thanks for the comment!
Grneyes: That's right; you'll never see me using the grid in this MD. Thanks for dropping by, MaryBeth!
art128: Well to my eyes, there are a couple of errors, but they aren't overly noticeable. It also helps by living in the suburbs to accurately capture them in SC4  ;) Thanks, Arthur, for your kind words!
art128: Glad you enjoyed it and I'm even more happy to hear that you appreciate all the work that went into it. Thanks!
bat: Thank you, my friend! I hope the next update will also be enjoyable  :thumbsup:
metarvo: It seems sometimes the simplest things are the most pleasing (i.e. the diagonal walkways). Perhaps in the future we'll see more "super-mosaics" such as this one  ;)
CraigKingOfIreland: Thank you much, my friend! I'll try and make them longer in the future  ;)
sithlrd98: Sorry it wasn't so BIG  :D! I am glad that you appreciate the work that went into it; thanks, Jayson!
Simpson: Thanks a lot, my friend! I spend as much time in the LE as I do in the actual game, so I'm glad you noticed  ;)
Grneyes: I'd like to live there, as well! Sadly, real-world cities can't be this perfect  ()stsfd() Thanks for your great comment, MaryBeth!
bluesinjid: Thank you very much! This hasn't ended at Simtropolis, as you probably already know  ;)
FrankU: Yeah, I think I found your jaw all the way across the pond here in my living room! I'll send it back to you when I get the chance  :thumbsup:
M4346: Thanks for the rousing round of applause!
Pat: Glad you liked it, Pat! I hope you enjoy the latest update, as well...

Update 11- Roots
Apologies for the small update; perhaps around Thanksgiving I'll have a special surprise for everyone ;)

Special acknowledgment to whomever figures out the meaning of this update's title (yes, they've always had a meaning ::)) Hint: Look closely at the second mosaic...

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

paroch

Couple of great mosaics there Dan.  The Source always has a nice feel about it.

As for the title "Roots".  Well, there are plenty of trees in that second mosaic - but I can't find one that seems to have roots showing!!??  Maybe the roots are causing problems with one of the houses foundations?

I'm interested to hear the answer.

Paul

JBSimio

I don't know why I've never posted here... Lord knows I've stopped by often enough!  Your mosaics are always most impressive, Dan.  But I think that what I often notice even more than that is just the style in which you build.  Somehow you manage to make areas look busy while still maintaining so much open space.  Sometimes it's parks, sometimes the transportation networks... but either way it creates these breaks between the buildings that looks really good without making it look too spread out.

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

M4346

Great use of those river lots! Something I ought to try some time!  :thumbsup:

And I agree with JB! I love your building style, and especially the wide open space! Reminds me of South African cities and towns!  ()stsfd()
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

sithlrd98

I'm not sure what the title refers to , unless your gettin back to the "roots" of LE-ing? Anyway , as usuall I have to hand it to you on some fine lotting  &apls . I think(for some reason) my favorite shot is the path on the last pic , everything seems to line up perfect , the people , the stairs on that JRP piece(which is a pain sometimes). I look forward to more!

Jayson

bluesinjid

Good to see you continue no Simtrop, and amazing mosiacs of ur surbaban area~ For the ''roots'' part,i think it means you r taking the game to its ''roots'' by not LE everything to the same texture,like the best buy parking lot?

art128

fantastic mosaic there Dan, I can say it again, excellent work ;) I especially like the use of FAR and custom lots, It's very well done  &apls
the only thing I don't like it's why the grass texture change in the park ? except that, great work in all the way  :thumbsup:
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simpson

As well a very wonderful update my friend, the second mosaic is my preferate. I saw that you use lot of nam curves and it's really réalistic; I love it  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

metarvo

The river bend in the "Riverbend" mosaic really stands out to me, for some reason.  I guess that is because you have done such a fine job, Dan.  This is absolute beauty. :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

bat

I really like your city! Nice work on it! And "Tyne" is a wonderful part of your region! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Looking forward to more...

dsrwhat316

Teaser- HQ
Here's a sneak peak at a new section of Downtown Tyne that I've been working on:

So far, no one has guessed what the meaning of the last update's title was. Here's another hint: follow the road back  :thumbsup: I know it's a bit cryptic, but I know someone will figure it out!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

bluesinjid

Wow nice teaser! COuld you tell me where you got that blue glass building on the top  left

sithlrd98

Quote from: dsrwhat316 on November 26, 2008, 03:17:31 PM
So far, no one has guessed what the meaning of the last update's title was. Here's another hint: follow the road back  :thumbsup: I know it's a bit cryptic, but I know someone will figure it out!
~ Dan

Well, I didn't think it would be this obvious but , are you possibly doing a "Black Friday "reference?...Best Buy in the background
If not , I guess I'm an idiot cause I have no other idea!
Great update as always!

Jayson

metarvo

Nice teaser, Dan. :thumbsup:  It looks like an important area.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

bat

Beautiful teaser there! Wonderful work! :thumbsup:

art128

This part of the downtown is looking awesome Dan, great lots as usual my friend, can't wait to see more of this section  :thumbsup:
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

That would be my only guess as well is a reference to "Black Friday" the most horrible day to go shopping after thanksgiving lol.... looking good here dan!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Simpson

Very fin teaser my friend, this is looking super as well  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas