Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat

Author Topic: Real Expressway Mod REW (Development and Support)  (Read 30460 times)

Offline lsnking

Re: Real Expressway Mod REW (Development and Support)
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2018, 07:54:38 PM »
感谢 分享

Offline eggman121

• NAM Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • CL:
    Mr. Smth
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2018, 01:25:56 AM »
Long time since I have posted in this thread.

I am currently working on some diagonal overpass stuff and this is what I have to show...

So this stuff tinkers with the draggable overpass stuff. I intend however to limit this functionality to only Street, Road, One Way Road (OWR) and Avenue Only!

I do acknowledge that this has been a protracted Dev cycle but RL has hit alot of us hard and RL has to take precedence.

-eggman121

Offline Tyberius06

« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2018, 04:19:59 AM »
Woow, these REW stuffs are pretty impressive! :)
And now diagonal height transitions.  &apls &apls &apls &apls

Thanks Stephen!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Offline dyoungyn

« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2018, 03:14:22 PM »
Now that is impressive.  REW is going to be soo SWEET and replace alot of AVE rural highways that just don't meet the governments requirements. 

Offline Nathan Machado

« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2019, 08:02:27 PM »
Amazing! I always needed something like that. It will be very helpful! I'm looking foward to see it done!  ;D

Offline roadgeek

« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2020, 03:56:19 PM »
Not trying to be critical, but I never understood why any city would want at grade crossings when they have the ROW for main lanes. I love the FA, and would definitely love to see FA-OWR-1, FAREW, and a connector to/from FA-OWR-1 and FAMIS. In fact, that could be added to Quick change, where it would resemble the NAM MHW-->parallel OWR entrance and exit ramps, RHW style.

Currently there is limited ability to make an exit ramp FA style that will connect to a RHW4 either C1 or F1, inside entrance or exit ramp. Those look kinda cool, and closely resemble a lot of entrance and exit ramps that I have seen, but it is a pain to transition between OWR and RHW-4 all the time, and I am sure it would likewise be painful to do so with OWR-3 and RHW6S, or OWR-4 and RHW8S.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 04:02:52 PM by roadgeek »

Offline roadgeek

« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2020, 08:44:47 PM »
Created some frontage roads using the A1 ramps and the REW. I thought I would show them off :)

Offline roadgeek

« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2020, 08:46:26 PM »
Here is one that uses the OWR4 to OWR2 splitter and the RW4 to RHW6C ramp.

Offline Opkl

« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2020, 11:22:32 PM »
Created some frontage roads using the A1 ramps and the REW. I thought I would show them off :)

Nice system! I did not know these worked on diagonals. The REW are great frontage roads since they allow RCI development.

Offline roadgeek

« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2020, 06:53:03 PM »
Nice system! I did not know these worked on diagonals. The REW are great frontage roads since they allow RCI development.

I know! Right? If and when they figure out the issues with the OWR system where they can add the Wider NWMs to the REW, that is going to rock! I have that OWR-4 to OWR 2 splitter in there, because the traffic is so heavy on that frontage road that a OWR-2 cannot handle all of it, but it looks really tacky, and I didn't have enough space to construct that On ramp the most desirable way. If this were LHD, it would work out even better, with all that traffic exiting, rather than entering the highway, but sometimes with city planning, it doesn't work out quite the way we would like for it to work.

Offline roadgeek

« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2020, 10:17:44 PM »
Got a Cool U-Turn that I have been wanting to show. Enjoy!

Offline roadgeek

« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2020, 08:33:24 AM »
I always wanted to be able to create those cool underpass U-turns. This requires two OWR-1 starter pieces on each U-Turn, placed on both sides of the RHW. Slip lanes are a bit more tricky. There is a glitch, but the workaround is to place the Ave-6 starter right next to the slip lane. That kinda messes up my plan to use left hand turn lanes, but I will try it on another interchange without the slip lanes.