• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RAM Request Thread

Started by CasperVg, February 10, 2008, 12:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AceGunn

what about making all rail (including HSRP) bridges high enough Ships to go under

threestooges

AceGunn: To my knowledge, the ability for ferries and such to pass is a property of the bridge height when it's built. There's a slider in the bridge selection menu for that (and there are also bridge obstruction properties with the bridge files which are used for bridge pillars, etc). It's not something the RAM should affect. Just build your bridges higher.

gardenwong

Quote from: dedgren on March 18, 2009, 10:57:24 AM
Quick and dirty...

Are these what we're looking for?

David

oh,that's great :thumbsup:
I am looking for this Puzzle piece :D
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

Gringamuyloca

If you have NAM and RAM installed... you already do in your rail menu.

ps: if you are off to download this now don't forget to read the readmes... you'll need this too.

pps: you need to be a member of BSC File Exchange and signed in to download

have fun
Tamara

superhands

Gringamuyloca, these are not currently in the ram.   ;)

-dave

Gringamuyloca

&ops my bad  $%Grinno$%  Sorry for taking up your time having to post a correction.... &mmm

taking a closer 3rd look, I realize I was looking for those myself the other day while setting up an 'interchange'

They would definitely be warmly welcomed to my plugins folder!

Tamara

Duvad

Quote from: gardenwong on October 28, 2009, 07:31:11 AM
omg that is sweet as, exactly what I'm looking for so I can easily integrate my island platform-style stations.

Hopefully it gets implemented asap.

dedgren

Is there still interest in some additional rail puzzle pieces?  I've had the ones shown below kicking around my hard drive for over a year now, but it seemed interest had pretty much shifted to new RHW and other road stuff.  I don't know of any other members of the RAM team actively working on anything right now- that is sad, as there was a lot of momentum a year ago.

Let me know- I'd be happy to see what I could do.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

joelyboy911

I'm interested in more rail puzzle pieces. Though I can't see anything 'shown below' so I'm confused what you mean by that. I can't actually think of any rail puzzle pieces right now that I'm dying to use, except one that would split a Rail into two STRs like

\  /
  ||

sorry if that's a poor explanation, but it would make the STRs one way, so you could build something in the middle. Kinda like what you showed earlier at gardenwong's request but with two diagonals.

I'm also interested in Rail-In-Road, having witnessed it in New Zealand in the town of Kawakawa when I was on holiday last week
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

RickD

I cannot see an image below, too. But someone once showed a pic of a triple rail, 3 tracks on one tile. This would be really great to have.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

noahclem

Yes there absolutely is!!!

In addition to the two previous suggestions I would love to see more flexibility with the wide radius pieces, possibly including:

4 tracks (2 tiles wide) orthogonal to 4 tracks (2 tiles) diagonal, wide radius
4 tracks (2 tiles wide) orthogonal to 2 tracks (1 tile)  diagonal, wide radius
6 tracks (3 tiles wide) orthogonal to 2 tracks (1 tile) diagonal, wide radius
6 tracks (3 tiles wide) orthogonal to 4 tracks (2 tiles) diagonal, wide radius
6 tracks (3 tiles wide) orthogonal to 2 tracks (1 tile) orthogonal, wide radius
4 tracks (2 tiles wide) diagonal to 2 tracks (1 tile) diagonal, wide radius

I think the previous pieces would be nice for 2 main reasons: increased realism in rails leading to larger urban stations and increased utilization of the compact adjacent diagonal railroads the NAM made possible a few years back (meaning that 2 adjacent railroad networks occupy as much space as an avenue instead of as much space as an adjacent road and railroad, for example). These diagonals can make rather nice looking rail yards since they lack the relatively large gap seen between rails in adjacent orthogonal rail tiles.

It would also be very nice to see wide-radius rail viaduct pieces

7.5 meter elevated pieces would be really cool at some point too but sounds like a lot of work especially since 15 meter viaducts aren't really so bad.

30 meter (or more) viaducts--it would be sweet to use these to make diagonal rail "bridges"

Just throwing out a bunch of ideas--I think the higher priority stuff would be the wide-radius viaducts, 3 (or 4)-rail-per-tile network, and the 2-rail to 6-rail orthogonal and 2-rail diagonal to 4-rail orthogonal pieces.

What do you guys think?

SlimShady

I don't know if this is the right place to put this but SC4 could really use upgradeable passenger and freight stations. Are these possible to make like the sea and airports?

eclipticalstorm

Since the release of NAM wide curves and intersection for rail I have had trouble knowing which way my UDI trains will go when I reach an intersection.  When I reach the intersection the are two arrows directly on top of each other and I can't tell which way they are pointing (they both look straight).  Is there a work around for this and if not is it possible to allow the signal light to change from red to green to let me know which way the train is about to go.  Maybe red is for left and green is for right...I don't know, but I do know it would be a great help.  This really would not be such a big issue if I did not use the UDI missions from time to time to unlock rewards.  Thanks in advance!

Jack_wilds

Quote from: dedgren on April 17, 2010, 02:06:00 AM
Is there still interest in some additional rail puzzle pieces?  I've had the ones shown below kicking around my hard drive for over a year now, but it seemed interest had pretty much shifted to new RHW and other road stuff.  I don't know of any other members of the RAM team actively working on anything right now- that is sad, as there was a lot of momentum a year ago.

Let me know- I'd be happy to see what I could do.

David

Jack wilds here.. I'd be interested in some more puzzle pieces  :thumbsup: ... what is in the mix that you proposing ()what()

metarvo

Well, this is a request thread, so I'll name a few:

Diagonal STR-DTR transition (increases usability of diagonal STR by eliminating the need to curve to orthogonal just to transition to/from DTR)
FASTR (for rural areas, so that all FARR tracks need not be DTR, of course this leads to a request for curves, transitions, and intersections)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

gardenwong

I am still looking for a piece that 2 STR can connect to DTR :-[
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

Nexis4Jersey

Can i request some Train sets to be made?

DJSun1981

Quote from: dedgren on March 18, 2009, 10:57:24 AM
Quick and dirty...

Are these what we're looking for?

David

Yeah, then I can build reversing track loops for the train (train station areas)

superhands

3/08/09

just the tip of the Iceberg people.

-Dave

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)